z

Young Writers Society

~The Black Masquerade~

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 pm
Threnody says...

Felicity:

Felicity wanders through the warm orange glow of the enormous ball room. The chandeliers hanging from the ceiling give the room an exquisite and delicate feeling, and one is always tempted to trod softly and gracefully through it. She adjusts her mask and straightens her dress. She never liked attire as big and ruffly as these, but it's all part of the masquerade.

She, using her height to her advantage, strains to see over the crowd of dancers, looking for a certain face that she has seen before, but never met. In a manor like this one however, she could be looking on the wrong floor, in the wrong room. (The fact that everybody's in costume doesn't help one bit) For her, it feels like a manor that would take a week to make it through every one of the floors and rooms. Her feet already ache and after looking for hours already, she's about to give up.

She sits down in a pretty, but uncomfortable and hard arm chair and sits down. She must keep up her appearance though and resists the temptation to slouch. Her eyelids flutter open to closed and her mind is slowly falling asleep. A loud voice causes her to come to her senses. A tall, young, black haired man with an imposing stance, but a playful face, argues animatedly with a older graying man. They both seem to enjoy the rush of a good debate. The room is loud already, but Felicity had controlled the sound in her mind to a lull. But regardless, she recognizes this one. She bolts up and just remembering the ladylike walk she must adapt, steps over to them.

"Adam! Hello! I didn't expect you to be here! It's me, Felicity." Both men look at her puzzled. Then Adam blinks and recognition flashes across his face.

"Yes, hello Felicity. Pleasure." He answers, keeping up an official tone, that personally, annoys Felicity a lot. But it's for the sake of a disguise, and it's well enough.

"I should like to talk to you, please." She announces.

Adam, nods a departure from the other man and turns to Felicity.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 am
October Girl says...

Adam silently followed her noticing how short she was. His head ached and he knew he should see a doctor soon. They ended up outside.

**ugh I'm so sore. :/**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain