z

Young Writers Society

Ace's Lyric

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:05 am
October Girl says...

**I was thinking they knew each other exsists- but they never really talk to each other**

Ace just needed a long shower, his body ached all over. His black ringlets dripped with sweat into his eyes, making them sting. The summer was the best time to be around the circus, beautiful girls come to watch all over. Of course the only thing he did was breath fire and play with the lions. Ace was tying a rope to the other side of the huge 'Big Top' is what they called it, the line broke.

"Fuck." Ace said and dropped it. He got down, he felt like a freak. He was 6'3, he had black curly ringleet hair, he was tan, and very muscular. The circus show was about to begin in an hour or so. He mentally counted how many girls around his age were involved in this circus... He mentally counted... Four. His aqua blue eyes averted to look at the poles being inserted into the floor. There was an act with the poles it was for the show girls to pole dance, but not strip. The twins' act, Emy and Elena.

Ace always though Elena was hot, she was tall with blonde hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. But Elena was a little desperate and she had a high pitched voice. Ace was never going to leave this hell hole.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Lyric sighed as she watched the whores dance on their poles. One day they are going to actually start to remove their clothing...and then they will be fired. Yesss... Lyric thought as she waited for her act to come. She giggled at Ace who was coming back in to change quickly. She felt so small. She was only 5'4 and only weighed 97 lbs. She never ate anything and always had her hair in a braid. She never really changed it. The beautiful thing about her that no one could steal was her smile never went down. She always knew what to say and when to say it and always said it with a smile. She had not one 'bitch' bone in her body. Ace pushed past her as he ran back to the center to announce Lyric's act as the twins walked by her pushing through.

"Move, loser," Emy said. Lyric sighed and moved. She was so brow beaten and did whatever she was told for fear of being hurt. It wasn't her fault. It was her Guardians fault. She had been an orphan for the longest time. She was with the circus now and didn't need any parents. She climbed her ladder to the tight rope. She was suppose to walk the rope and then swing from her bars in a series of flips and finally land on a mini trampoline. Her Gentle green eyes sparkled with every emotion at that moment. She placed her foot lightly on the rope and let all of her weight on it. The rope dipped down sending Lyric's adrenaline through the roof. She went to put her other foot in front of her and she tripped. She fell off of the rope but caught it with her hands and took the biggest risk of her life. She pretended it was part of the act and slund herself to reach one of her bars. She was so lucky to catch it by her knees. Her act ended amazingly and the crowd was petrified from her surprising move. She went to the dressing room and passed Ace on the way there.

"What the hell were you thinking?" he asked Lyric. She sighed and replied in her delicate, light, melancholy voice.

"I was thinking excitement. I was thinking everything. I was thinking scared. I wasn't going to embarrass our master. That would be horrible!"

"What would of been horrible was if you died out there! Everyone is watching! Damn, Lyric! You scared everyone to death!"

"But I am still here. The crowd thinks it was a rehearsed act because I did it perfectly. And you know that. Plus, maybe a critic was out there and saw that. Do you know how far I could go?" Lyric asked. She felt like an ant. She stared up at him. His face was sparkling with sweat beads that were still rolling down his face. She waited for his response.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

203 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:42 am
October Girl says...

Ace felt himself roll his eyes. "Our acts, in this entire circus are dead weights, the only thing we could possibly do with those stupid stunts is get ourselves killed." he growled.

She wasn't movie star beautiful, Lyric, but she was a natural beauty. "Why are you mad at me anyways. You don't even know me." she said.

"I'm not mad at you, you know what? Forget it. I'm more mad at myself." Ace growled and walked away. He started to get a headache, she could do that to him. He was worried about her, she could have been killed.

Elena ran up to him, Oh God, help him. "Ace!" she said seductively. "You and me should go behind the big top and... Oh I dunno... bang." she said batting her eyelashes at him.

When he was fifteen he would have gladly taken her back there and as she put it 'banged'. But right now he needed to clear his mind.

"Tonight's not good, Len." Ace said.

"Please." Elena begged playing with his earlobe.

"I'm sorry." he grabbed her wrist and dragged her wrist away from his face. He walked away grabbing his lighter and a metal houla hoop. He was on...

Ace had water in his mouth, mixed with some chemicals he couldn't feel he walked into the big top, feeling Lyric's eyes burning into his back. He began to sweat more. He spit and lit it, everything around his mouth caught a flame. He used the houla hoop as an illusion.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Lyric watched him. He's more mad at himself? What the hell is he talking about? And Elena...she is such a...ugh Lyric thought. She became tired suddenly and fell to the ground. She was still concious, but she felt light-headed. The next thing she knows, her name is being screamed.

"Lyric! Lyric! Get your ass up and out there! It's your act," yelled her 'master'. She pushed herself up. She went back out and she had to flip through Ace's fire hoops that he was setting a-light. She stood and walked to her stand. She leapt through the air and flipped lightly through the first hoop. The second one had a bar that she had to pull on to send her flying through the third hoop. This was the scary part. She went through the second hoop and grasped the bar firmly, but all of the sudden she lost conciousness and crashed into the third hoop. Luckily, the fire that caught on her clothes was put out when she fell down. A hush went over the crowd and some were even standing now.

***Sorry it isn't good! I am extremly happy and I can't seem to think!**

203 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:24 pm
October Girl says...

Ace just simply stood there, not exactly shocked. He felt like he was watching it in slow motion. When she hit the ground, it was completely silent. Emy rushed into the tent with Elena by her side. Ace realized he needed to take her somewhere. He picked up Lyric, and took her limpless body across to the other side.

When Lyric woke up Ace was looking down at her, she touched the side of her head.

"Ugh... My head." Lyric complained loudly.

"Your welcome." Ace growled. "You NEVER, EVER go through The Rings Of Fire without me singaling you first. NEVER, Lyric. You could have burned to death!"
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Lyric stared at Ace and her mouth was gaping open. She finally found words to say.

"You asshole! What part of 'ugh...my head' do you not understand? And it wasn't the hoops fault! IT wasn't yours either! It was mine. I fell because my hands slipped. It's no big deal! Geese! Take a chill pill," Lyric finished staring at him. She swore that if she were in a fantasy world he would of exploded into flames with anger. Lyric smiled a big, beautiful smile and Ace chuckled once. Then, he became serious.

"Well, still. You scared me twice in one night. That's pretty bad," he said gently.

"Hey. This is the first time you actually talked to me. And...how do you think I feel?" she asked with her eyes melting into his.

"Right, you probably need some rest. Um...I will see to it that we get someone else to fill in for you with their act...like Elena and Emy. Come on," Ace grunted as he helped Lyric up. Her smile was the biggest ever. Even though she almost died twice, she was glad she was still alive.

203 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:07 am
October Girl says...

This girl was going to kill herself, he was possitive of it. He rolled his eyes when she smiled at him, just so that he didn't have to look at her, she wasn't ugly but she wasnt sent from Heaven either. She was a normal girl, just as he was a normal guy. He slowly got up, reluctant to go away from her, just because this was his first time talking to her, doesn't mean she couldn't have talked to her first, he had to admit, he had a crush on her.

"Well uh... Let me know if you need anything else." Ace said and walked casually out of the tent.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

"Okay," she whispered after him. All of the sudden her head didn't hurt anymore. She was put in her little dressing room and started brushing her hair and hummed a sweet tune. That was one other thing that was beautiful about her...her voice. There was a knock at her door.

"Come in," she said standing. It was her boss.

"Are you going to be okay?" he asked scratching his head. Lyric nodded. "I shouldn't of yelled at you when you were on the floor. Sorry. It's just you are always on top of everything and it surprised me that you were sitting down. I thought you were drawing in the sand or something. Again, sorry," he said waving his hand as he left the doorway. Lyric sat back down at the mirror leaving her door slightly cracked. She went back to combing her long, brown hair and humming. What she didn't know was that Ace had stopped on his way to his room to listen to Lyric.

203 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 pm
October Girl says...

"I though you were drawing in the sand my ass." Ace said as he came into her dressing tent, she was obviously dressed if her boss came in to talk to her.

Lyric glared at him. "Excuse me?" she asked.

"Your boss is so full of shit."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:48 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

"He is your boss, too. And I know. As soon as I get a better proposal for a job in a seperate circus then I'm out of here. I assume the same for you," Lyric asked Ace politely. Ace just looked at her still smiling and brushing her hair. He smiled at her. He wanted to laugh, but he couldn't see why it was funny. She was happy. She was always happy. Lyric waited for his reply which took so long that she continued humming her song.

"Yah. Or I could just quit the circus all together and get a real job. That would be nice," he finally replied. Lyric nodded.

"I understand. Unless I can find a job involving what I enjoy other than being in a circus then I am stuck here," Lyric said changing out her brush to a comb. Ace watched her for a little bit before answering her comment.

"You could be a teacher. You could change millions of kids lives. One day you will have to consider that. I think it would be very good for you," he said staring at the floor.

"Huh, I never thought of that. I will have to consider that. But if I get a job like that one day, then you have to get a job as an engineer Mr.Tall and muscular," Lyric said giggling slightly.

203 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:46 am
October Girl says...

Ace shrugged. "I don't ever think I could leave this place. I don't like kids, but I don't really want to leave. I enjoy preforming. I just hate having be someones fucking puppet." he growled

Lyric nodded, she knew what he was talking about, thats what he liked about her.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

Lyric stopped combing her hair and looked at Ace.

"I've got it. You can maybe one day have your own circus. But not one where you tell them what to do. Like a free employed kind of thing. Just have random people from all over the world come and perform. You could make millions! And then you could have your own performance for the beginning and end," she said brushing her hair again and smiling at herself in the mirror. Ace burst into laughter.

"You are seriously crazy! Do you know that?" he asked still laughing a little. Lyric shrugged her shoulders.

"I get that often. But if I wasn't crazy, half of my ideas wouldn't work. It's just my way of life," she said smiling a big toothy smile. Ace looked down and back up with a smirk. Lyric smiled back and seemed to glow as she did. It seemed to be at least ten minutes before she talked. "Well, it's getting late. I'm going to retire. Um, shouldn't you be doing the same?" she asked standing from her dresser. Her hair waved itself around her body and swayed as she did. Ace nodded as he headed towards the door.

"Oh, by the way, you need to wear your hair like that more often. It looks really pretty. Brings out your eyes," he said looking down at her. She was so small and petite. If Ace was younger he would probably just kiss her right then and there, but he was a man of class...well with her he was. He just stared at her and left. Lyric closed the door and pushed herself against it going down it. Ace did the same thing.

203 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 pm
October Girl says...

Ace had the whip in his hand, as he walked away from her. he'd told her the truth, he didn't know if he could ever leave the circus. He didn't really want children. He knew he'd lost all his emotion when he was left to die by his parents. He'd only survived by living here, there were some secrets he could never tell.

**All I have, I've had writers block latey :/**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

Random avatar

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

~Next Morning~

Lyric rose gently from her bed. It was only four o'clock, but she always got up extra early to stretch. They weren't performing today though. She remembered that and just smiled. What was she going to do. She knew what was coming first. Shower. Lyric walked into the shower room and stripped herself of her clothing.

**so happy!

203 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 am
October Girl says...

**I've got nothing :/**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire