z

Young Writers Society

Hiding

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:13 am
Linx says...

"You are dead later." I glared at her. She could have at least told me!

Estelle flashed warning eyes at me, then turned back to the tavern lady. "Do you happen to know where a seamstress is in town?"

"Of course I do, sweetie." The lady smiled and showed her crooked teeth.

After a couple of minutes of the tavern lady giving us directions, we headed out the door to the shop.

The dirt roads were loud and crowded as street vendors lined up against some of the shops. We could hear a baker yelling at a beggar in the distance.

"Here we are." I looked up to see a nice building with a needle and thread on the sign.

"Well," my sister said and smiled at me. "Let's go in."

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:08 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Inside were bustling women with thread and needles. They passed by us without a second glance, like we were mere specters come to witness their busy day. Abigayle began to grow weary of seeing each seamstress pass us, so she finally tapped a large woman on her meaty shoulder.

"Miss, would you happen to know where we can apply for work? My sister and I are desperately in need of it." Abi turned on her puppy dog eyes and pouted for the woman. I stifled a giggle as I looked at her and then at the stern woman's face. Abi had tried those tricks on my father when asking for things such as a pony or new set of jewelry. It had never failed her until now.

"Get out! We don't need another pauper dirtying the place up more. You pigs are filthy." The lady sneered at us. I took Abigayle's shoulders and led her away from the woman.

"Well that didn't work out so well." she whispered to me, clearly disheartened. I took her hand and led her away from the woman, but to another part of the tailoring shop.

"Let's not give up too easily." I reassured her as we came to a lady behind a booth. She smiled up at us.

"How may I help you young ladies?" she asked.

"We would like to apply for a job." I said. The woman stepped down from the booth and waved her hands over for us to follow.

"Right this way, ladies."
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

228 Reviews

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:42 am
Linx says...

*I haven't forgotten this. Just been tired and busy*

"The woman seems nice," I whispered to Estelle, and then she glared at me.

"Shush!" I turned around to the see the lady smiling warmly at me as she opened the door and let us inside.

*I have no idea what to do here. Can we meet some twin boys? *waggles eyebrows**

*Cat

146 Reviews

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:49 pm

*lol, We shall.*

There was a boy who came running past us as we entered the shop and pushed Abi down as he went by. It was so sudden that I hadn't registered what had happened yet until I lay on the floor myself.

"Jean, come back here this instant!" the lady said as she went huffing after the boy. He screamed laughter as he ran away.

As I got up I noticed that the room was filled with boys. They ranged from twelve to men in their early twenties. Most were older than us.

"What exactly is this?" Abigayle asked the woman when she returned from chasing down the hooligan.

"Oh, why this is a dye and soap factory. I don't expect you to work here." she smiled warmly at us. I looked around and smelled the thick stench of lye. The mens' hands were rough and callused from the chemical and some of their eyes were watering. You could tell it was a terrible place to work.

*You can bring the guys in here ;))
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:18 am
Linx says...

"Watch out!" I screamed as I turned around to see a person run into me, pushing me to the ground.

"Abi-" Estelle stopped and covered her mouth before she said anything else.

I opened my eyes in a daze to see a cute man on top of me. He's brown hair curled right above his smokey blue eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am," the man kept on apologizing as he sat up. "Truly, I am."

"It's okay," I gasped to him as he helped me up. I could see Estelle still covering her mouth, her wide eyes passing between the man and me.

"Hey, bro, watch where you are going. We don't want this pretty little ladies getting hurt." We all three turned to see another man who looked exactly like the man who had run into me.

"Huh?" I asked, still confused.

*Grr...so hard to think*

*Cat

146 Reviews

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 pm

*Excellent, Cat!*

"Forgive my brother, miss. I am afraid he lacks self-control." the slightly taller, lankier boy said apologetically, but with a playful grin spreading across his face. The other boy was more muscular and had beautiful green flecks deep within his smoky blue eyes. Both men were incredibly handsome.

"Uh... um..." At once in my sister's life she seemed at loss for words, so the man so kindly spoke for her.

"Oh, this is my brother Samuel and I am Daniel." Daniel politely introduced himself while Samuel swept Abi's hand up into his own and kissed it. I could see her begin to blush a deep crimson.

"My my, boys. Aren't you the two gentlemen?" the lady said to them. This time it was their turn to blush. When I found words, I cleared my throat and introduced Abigayle and I.

"Oh, I am Ellen and this is Alleison." I said. "Pleasure to meet you."
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 pm
Linx says...

*I haven't forgotten this*

"Pleasure to meet you both," Samuel said while looking into my eyes. I shivered, as his eyes seemed to look into my soul.

I heard the lady clear her throat and I turned to look at her. She smiled at all of us.

"Now, if you can come with me, I can show you a place you can work."

"Okay," I said and turned to my sister. "Let's go?"

"Okay," she managed to mutter, though her eyes were still on Daniel.

"Hopefully we can see you two pretty ladies again later," he said.

The lady cleared her throat again, and so we left the boys behind.

*Cat

146 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 pm

The back room smelled better, but we hardly noticed after meeting Samuel and Daniel. It seemed like a dream.

"This is your workplace." the woman motioned around the small, stuffy room. There was a long table with a film of dust covering it and its work bench. The work bench and table was heavy and wooden, crudely made for a seamstress. The window was on the back wall, but heavy, dark curtains allowed no light to come through. A wooden mannequin that stood in a corner was dusty as well, and had splinters all over it.

"Lovely," Abigayle mumbled to me under her breath. If the lady had heard, she pretended not to notice.

"Your work will be mending torn gowns, suits, and such. I shall bring your needed supplies as soon as possible so you may begin. You might need to tidy up a bit before then, but don't worry about it too much. It's not like you're going to see the clients." she smirked at our current ensemble and continued, "Please be careful with your work, because if you mess up something, it's coming out of your pay and I guarantee you will receive the proper amount of punishment. This establishment cannot afford seamstresses that don't do their work."

"You may begin your work by working with other seamstresses for a few days until I have all your needed supplies. Both of you will be an apprentice of sorts, so do a good job. You'll be working with seamstresses with lots of experience. Your hours are 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM with one hour-long breaks at 12:00 PM. Don't be late for work tomorrow."
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm
Linx says...

"Yes ma'am," My sister and I both said at the same time.

"Okay, ya'll will start tomorrow," she said. "I'll see ya'll then."

"Okay, ma'am," Estelle said, and pulled me out the door before I said anything rude.

***The reason I haven't posted is because I couldn't think of anything. Sorry.***

146 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:27 pm

*Gah! Sorry I haven't posted for this in so long!*

We walked side by side in the cobbled street, looking around at our new little village we'd be living in. I told Abi that we really shouldn't be out too much, but being the curious teens we are, we decided to get acquainted with the area. Along the streets markets were set up and vendors would call sales, trying to persuade the intrigued tourists, such as ourselves. I must say, we blended in with our tattered garments and raggedy appearance, because no one seemed to notice us as two lost princesses. They saw us as what we were now, paupers. It saddened Abigayle and I, but we had to accept it. We were truly penniless paupers that looked to be begging on the streets.
Got YWS?

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson