z

Young Writers Society

New in Town

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((I put that rating cause it is highschool. But it's not R yet unless anything happens.)))

August threw his books into his bag in a rush.

"Your going to be late!" His dad yelled at him again.

"I KNOW!" HE growled. HE was tired of his alarm not going off. Not that he wanted it to mind you. But it was still annoying. He ran out to his truck and threw the bag in and then backed out and speed past the moving van that was still across teh street from him. He wasn't sure he was happy the house across from them had sold. His dad had wanted to buy it and then tear the house down and build a nicer one sense that house was the smallest and least expencive in the neighborhood. He sighed, he didn't really care about it anymore. He just wanted to get this school year started and over. He was a senior. After this year he'd be out of this school and moving on with his life. And the nice trust fund he would get if he graduated. Boy would that money make him happy.

He pulled up into the school and parked then locked his truck and smiled. This part of california was known for it's rich people. He smiled at all the expensive cars. He liked it here, sometimes living in the country sounded ncie. But all the girls that had implants, facials, and spent hours just trying to get his attenion along with most of the other guys, was deffinatly a plus. He smiled at a girl that walked over.

"Hello, August." She smiled. "If I didn't know better I'd say this was your month."

"THat's what I've been told." He smiled wrapping his arm around her shoulders and walking towards the school. Another girl slipped over and under his other arm. He smiled when the two glared at each other then smiled at him. There were going to be so many beach parties, they never stopped until it got cold. And having two girls already following him around was making his ego boost up a little more. THis was going to be a good year.

**Tell me if this doesn't work**

Name: August Jones
School Year: Senior
Appearance: http://www.newfaces.com/zacprice
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:24 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**That's great TN!! sorry for taking so long... had to get ready for church tonght**

Kasie sighed and scrolled through her iPod yet again, each song worse than the last. None seemed to fit her mood today. The couch she was sitting on was lifted by two men and carried into the house, only to be set down in the right place soon after. She pouted and stood up, striding over to her mom, who was arguing with her dad over the phone. Ah, the joys of divorce. "No Tom! I want that check in my mailbox by the fifteenth. If it's not I'll take you to court again!" For the seventeenth time. Instead of telling her mom verbally Kasie took an expo and jotted that she was going to school on her mom's notebook before grabbing her black and white plaid backpack off the ground and running out to her old black chevy. She put her iPod earphones back in and yanked out of the driveway, speeding towards school. She missed living out in the country. No big cities and no beaches with skimpy blondes that were filled with plastic.

She sighed and parked, glancing around the parking lot. All the cars were those type that some movie star would drive. Kasie groaned and jumped out of the seat, jogging to the school doors. The second she walked in she wish she hadn't. It was like a real highschool. Not like her other one. This was a complete cliqueish school. At her other one in Alabama everyone was friends was everyone. There were no 'your hair's not blonde enough' or 'your muscles aren't big enough' problems. Kasie swallowed deeply and strode towards the front office, brunette hair floating off her shoulders.

~~

Name: Kasie Andel Damrel
Grade: 12
Appearance: Looks like this and is wearing this
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

August watched an emo looking girl walk by.

"We have enough emo's here." he said as he walked by with the two girls. "Go home." She turned and looked at him.

"Wish I could." She replied crossing her arms and looking at him like he was scum, then looking at the two girls.

"Why don't you?" One of the girls smiled. "I'm sure they don'teven want you there. So go slit your wrist."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Naw, I already did that this mornin' thanks for the offer though. Ooh! You wanna see it?" Kasie smiled widely, letting her southern accent seep thickly into her words. She started to pull off her black, rubber bangles and both girls screamed, hiding behind the big guy. Kasie smirked and slid the bangles back on. She used to cut, and it was obvious considering the scars on her arms, but she didn't do it any more. She actually found something to live for. With a light laugh she walked into the front office, grabbed her schedule, and started for her locker. It was her idea to come to California, so she really couldn't be angry and anyone. Afterall, she was the one that had spent five years raising money to build a no-kill animal shelter in one of the most populated states. Her phone suddenly rang, playing Situations by Escape the Fate.

"-are irrelevant now. She loves the way that I tease, I love the way that she breathes." Kasie listened to it for a moment before answering, a smile evident on her face.

"Hey, hey, hey." She laughed into the phone, finally finding her locker. She threw her gym bag into her locker and closed it, not noticing the books and football that sat on the bottom.

"Hey Kase! How's the day gone so far?!" Kasie laughed at her over excited friend, Samuel, or Mule for short.

"It's... been cool I guess. Why aren't you at school?"

"I'm out! Threasa Hammocks left her straightner ontop or her softball jersey and the entire school was up in flames in like thirty minutes so we're out for three months" Kasie gaped and took a seat in her AP English class.

"Are you serious! Haha, that just means that you'll have to take summer classes." She knew what Mule was doing. More than likely his peanut butter toast just fell out of his mouth and he lost level forty-two on ZombieKillerz4.

"No! My The Academy shirt! Stupid peanut butter! No! I lost it again! Dammit! What?! That means I'll miss Warped!" The teacher suddenly came in right after Kasie did a mini victory dance at how right she was.

"Yuppers! Oh.. by the way to win the forty-second level you've got to kill the two bosses, save the game, turn the console off, and the quest'll be finished. You'll just have to talk to Old Man Seelers. Okay, gotta go class is gonna start."

"Peace out girl, love ya and thanks for the tip!"

"Love you too and no problem!" She hung up and stuffed her phone into her pocket.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I'm guessing tha twas his locker.**

August walked to his first class. AP English. He was pretty good at this. He walked in and frowned when he saw the emo girl. He shrugge,d he dind't care.

"August!" THe head cheerleader, Kimmy, called.

"Hey, Kim." He smiled walking over and slipping into the chair next to her. "How's the hottest cheerleader."

"Upset, who were those girls earlier?" She pouted.

"WHo was that guy?" He asked.

"Fine!"
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:32 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hehehe yuppers. Grr... I'm so annoyed because we can't sit in desks any more at my school, so the peoples there are taking these long tables and making three people sit side by side at them. :(**

The classroom door swung open suddenly and slammed into the wall behind it, which of course made Kasie yelp and tumble out of her seat. She sighed and crawled back into it, quickly adding up the expenses of dog food and such. There was an empty seat next to her and it was the only on left. "Nice of you to join us Mister Jones. Please, take a seat." The desk next to me squeaked and I groaned, loudly if I may add. "Do you, perhaps, have a problem with where Mister Jones is sitting Miss Damrel?"

"No ma'am not at all!" Kasie faked joy and rolled her eyes once the teacher looked away. Stupid teachers. At her old school the teachers were either her mom or dad's best friends.

"Okay class. I'm Ms. Hanningburgh I-" Kasie went back to calculating all the expenses, becoming stumped at the price of adoptions for male and female cats and dogs. She didn't want it to be too much, but if she didn't have enough she'd lose money for the whole thing.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

August looked at what the girl was writing down. It was a bunch of numbers that she was adding up and then putting on a list. He snatched it real quick and she hissed through her teeth. He read over it.

"A dog shelter?" he whispered. "You'll never get rid of dogs, there are to many aroudn here that are strays."

"Someone always wants a dog, give it back." She hissed.

"Fine." He gave it to her and leaned forward towards the front of the class then back to where he was looking at her. "good luck with figuring out where to have that dump." He smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Kasie rolled her eyes, flicking her tongue over her lip ring in irratation. She hadn't been irratated since her mom and dad argued over the magnum, which was won by her father of course. "So, Miss Damrel. Do you know anything about the book the class read over the summer?" Kasie glanced at the board, seeing Moby-Dick in large letters.

"Um... well, Moby-Dick..." She thought back to ninth grade when she read it, "Moby Dick by Herman Melville is a novel that explores the theme of revenge and how the need for revenge can lead to a person's ruin. Ishmael, the unwitting thrill seeker, joined the crew of a whaling ship on what Ishmael believed to be a typical whaling voyage but instead turned out to be a single-minded mission of revenge led by a crazed captain." The teacher seemed appauled but nodded, suddenly smiling.

"That's correct Miss Damrel. Thank you. Have you ever read this story?" A wide smile broke across Kasie's face.

"Yes ma'am I have," the southern accents was thick on her words, "I read it in ninth grade and it's been one of my favorites since."

"Well that's great. Have you read any Shakespear?"

"Ooh! Yes ma'am I especially love Hamlet," and for the rest of class the teacher and Kasie talked about the different stories, poems, and plays that they both loves.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

August wanted to fall asleep. THis was boring as hell. THe bell finall yrun and he jumped up running out of the class and to his locker. He quickly turned the nob and then opened it. Someone elses stuff fell out and he frowned.

"What the hell!"

*sorry, short*
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

Kasie ducked under the big dude's arm nonchalantly and stuffed her books back into her locker. She turned around, facing him, and stuck her tongue out. "I'm not thrilled to be a locker buddy with someone like you either Mister Hotshot. I don't care how horrid you make my life here, considering it's my last year, but I swear to God that if you go through any of my stuff I'll make your life a living hell." She flicked her tongue across her lip rings and pivoted on her heel before striding down the hall.

"Hey! New girl!" A voice called behind her. She turned, suddenly two inches away from a dark haired guy with dark blond highlights. "I'm Travis, you are?"

"Kasie," she smiled, her accent fading away all at once.

"Cool Kase, if you don't mind me calling you that. My friends and I were just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us at lunch and maybe all of us can show you around the town after school," he seemed to be blabbering.

"Sure, that's cool with me. See you then."

"Yeah, bye," Kasie bumped knuckles with him quickly before walking towards Calculus.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 am
TNCowgirl says...

I've nothin.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hahaha that's cool I'll skip to lunch quickly. I was thinking about having August go through her stuff anyway and like find her poem journal or something like that and read it aloud at lunch from the mini stage or something. idk**

The bell for lunch rang and Kasie sighed, tossing her backpack into her locker and striding towards the lunch room. She grabbed a chef salad and was literally dragged over to a table by a never quiet Travis. She sat down and introduced herself to everyone, getting their names in return. "So what is there to do around here an-"

"Attention! Monterveller Highschool! Captain August Jones has an announcement to make," the lunchroom eurupted into cheers and the people around Kasie groaned, "but he's not here yet... so we've got to wait." The lunchroom, once again in usion, booed.

"What's going on?!" Kasie questioned aloud, eyebrow cocked.

"Everyday August Jones, the 'king' of Monterveller High makes an announcement. Either to embarass someone or to announce something about the stupid coming up game that everyone already knows about."
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 am
TNCowgirl says...

August grabbed his wallet and then spotted a note pad in the girl's note pad. He pulled it out and flipped through it, poems. He smiled and found a real gooshy one and then walked towards the lunch room.

"Here he is!" Kyle, his second man, yelled. Everyone cheered and he smiled hiding the book at his side when he passed the table that that girl was at. he couldn't remember her name. Everyone at her table glared and he just smiled arogently. He jumped up on the table/make shift stage and bowed dramatically.

"How was you alls summers?" He hollard. Everyone cheered and he smiled. "Good, whose ready for some football games and beach parties!"

The cheers got even louder and the principle looked over at him pointidly. Ok, to loud. He quieted them down again.

"Good, cause we're gonna want to pack the stadium again." He smiled.

"What's the book, bro?" Kyle asked motioning towards the book. August grinned.

"Well, a little treat I thought everyone might like." He smiled. "You all want to hear this?" Cheers. He looked over at the girl and smiled. "Alright."

***I don't write poems***
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:19 am
Chupatoasta says...

Kasie gaped and got to her feet suddenly as August pulled out her notepad, a smile on his face.

"If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
To the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you."

Right as August began the forth poem Kasie grabbed a handfull of Travis' mashed potatoes, getting a wide grin from him, and chucked them right at August, the disgusting stuff splattering on his neck. Without a second thought she ran for the door, all her new friends close behind her laughing loudly right when someone shouted for a foodfight.

None of them quit running until they were at Kasie's locker, all laughing hysterically. "I've gotta hand it to was Kase," Travis wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a friendly side-hug, "that was classic."

Kasie just shrugged. "I warned him not to go through my stuff," she smirked. All the poems were old anyway and about her recent boyfriend who'd commited suicide in the tenth grade. He had been her first and last.

"NEW GIRL!" A booming voice yelled down the hall.

"Shit gotta go!"
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:28 am
TNCowgirl says...

August watched her turn and jet off down the hall. He took after her and the group that had been with her stepped in front of him.

"Leave her alone, you asked for that." Travis hissed.

"Oh, so now you talk to me?" August laughed. "Your the biggest fake of them all, Travis. Just cause you screwed up your knee and couldn't get back on the team doesn't mean your still not one of us. Now move." August shoved past him taking off after the girl, catching her right before she went in the bathroom.

"You've got potatoes on your neck." She smiled a little.

"Listen, up. I can make your life miserable. So next time you think about throwing food at me, there better be a knife in it. Cause next time, I won't let you off the hook for being new." He growled.

"You asked for it. You stole something of mine." She hissed.

"It was in my locker." eh smiled. "That's why I never leave anything in that locker that has any value to me. Of anything that could embaress me. Cause the locker is pretty much free game."
Want a Readers crit???

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind