z

Young Writers Society

sealed away

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:23 am
Bloo says...

okay, so first thing first we make each of your character profiles, you take the sis and i will take the bro.
Last edited by Bloo on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

39 Reviews

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:46 am
Bloo says...

Name: Evan ( i will make last later)
Personality: generally the clown, always making jokes and not taking things seriously, putting his foot in his mouth and making things worse through stuborness
Skill: He is very adapt with computer from reading books on them that he found in the restricted section of the library, is is also very adgile and stelthy.
History: he has a criminal record for many things, and so when ever he gets caught they never believe him.
Weakness: His curriosity and habit of going where he is not allowed
Apperence: http://www.freewebs.com/joshhutcherson4 ... herson.jpg

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:32 am
Threnody says...

Name: Violet

Personality: Tough, strong and bold. She always has to keep her brother in control. She feels like he's holding her back from greater things.

Skill: She great with mechanics. She was trained by a retired engineer in secret. She's also very lithe and subtle.

History: She's always had to break into juvenile prison to rescue her brother. It wasn't easy either. She does have a small light form so it helps her crawl through the ceiling ducts easier.

Weakness: She's extremely impulsive and frank to the point of rudeness. She doesn't care if she mouths off to adults, and in that way she's quite reckless.

Appearance: She has thick wavy blonde hair that she cut to her shoulders. It's usually up it a ponytail or held back with a hair elastic to keep it out of her eyes. She has sharp defined features and a small svelte body. She dresses mostly in black and has a black shoulder bag that she carries around with her that has many random but useful objects.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 am
Bloo says...

~~Okay then lets start~~

Evan sat in the police office, he was hand cuffed to a chair by each hand and was in a bad mood. He had gotten caught spry painting a wall, though he got caught the day after it he knew he should have changed his signature but could not think of one. Across from him a police officer sat watching him and behind him he felt the eyes of the other officer's eyes burn his back.
"so, why did you do it" the police officer asked.
"do what, you didn't tell me why i was here" Evan said playing dumb or as his sister said himself.
"you know what" the officer said
"no, no i do not" Evan said. "but it could not be that bad to hand cuff me in a room while a man stands at the door"
"fine" the officer strolled lazily over to Evan and uncuffed him. As soon as the cuffs were off Evan began to scratch in several place that had began to itch as soon as the cuffs went on. "now will you cooperate"
"sure i would, but i do not know what you are talking about" Evan said giving a hand gesture that let off confusion.
"you know very well Evan" Said the man
"no, i do not, maybe just say what it is, you know you are a lazy cop, i mean you did not even tell me my rights, i could sue for that, you would be fired and then on the streets and then you would be on this side of the room soon, maybe i would be on that side, i have not chosen my career path yet, then you would know how it feels to be wrongfully accused." Evan ranted
"fine, your here because you turned a factories walls into a cavity gallery on each side" then man said angrily.
"oh that, yeah that was me" said Evan, lazily
"good now we can charge you and send you back" the officer stated excitedly
"no no you can not" corrected Evan
"why not punk" the officer was clearly agitated by Evan
"because, when you took me in you did not read me my rights or legally called the penal code like i said earlier, which you are required to, and so like the supreme court said may years ago anything i say can not be taken seriously in court which means you have no evidence and anything else i say will have the same implications, and so you have no choice but to let me go or you will just waste your time and when i do get out I'll just tell the chief pr someone on you and you will be fired and well i already said all this, weren't you listening, i mean don't cops need brains anymore, oh wait that is why cops are cops they are to dumb to be detectives" and with that Evan stopped, the officer in full rage but he let him go. Evan left the police station and made his way home.

324 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:04 am
Threnody says...

I saw Evan traipse inside as happy as ever. God, he was reckless! it was so annoying. You'd tell him to do something and he'd do it... but it would be the opposite of what you'd even dream about. I was crashed on the couch drinking tea. I had broken into the biscuits earlier when my parents had left. Probably to go see what Evan had done now. As Evan came to join me I quickly wiped my mouth with my shirtsleeve. My shirtsleeve was then wiped on my pants which I rubbed against the couch.

"Well, you could have been more subtle! You were just standing there with the spray can in your hand as the police car drove up! Smooth." I told him as he smugly turned on the telly.

"I had it all under control," he told me. He who had been to juvy countless times and been thrown out of 3 high-schools.

"Well, bye idiot. I'm going upstairs to check my e-mail." He pleasantly waved back.

I turned on my laptop. It glowed and then turned on. I got as far as the log-in page. When the screen started flashing and the whole thing warped itself. I had no idea what was going on as a cartoon character appeared on the screen. It had a mocking grin plastered on it's face.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 am
Bloo says...

"Evan" Evan heard his sister call from her room.
"coming" Evan said back and climbed up to her room. "computer troubles.
"yeah" she said. " can you help me out"
"sure" Evan said make a maniacal smile. " for a price though"
"how much" Violet asked
" 20 bucks and you clean my room for two weeks"

324 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:26 am
Threnody says...

"Oh no way! How about 1 week of doing all of your chores plus mine, and 10 bucks?" I told him. He was dreaming. Yeah right, 20 bucks. That's was two weeks of babysitting. He never did his chores anyway so it wouldn't be any of my loss.
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:53 am
Bloo says...

"okay then" Evan said and tuned around leaving. three...two...one Evan thought and right after he thought the one his sister called.
"fine I'll do it" she said bitterly
"oh, no,no,no" Evan said "you just played your hand and i know you want it" He smiled and thought for a moment. "so the price is now 30 and all my chores for 2 weeks, and no negotiations, this is final, cause i can live with out money but can you without your precious Internet."

324 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:46 pm
Threnody says...

"Alright then..." I said. Sure, he could try this, being your tech-master. I walked out of his room smiling. He should be worried.
I went into his bathroom and made some minor adjustments to his shower and his toilet. Then I went downstairs and positioned the sink head to face towards whoever were to turn it on. I switched the water stream to go through that sink head.
Sure enough, when he turned on the sink he was drenched with water. He took a cold shower and the toilet tried to eat him. Yeah, we have pretty intense revenge plans.
He paid me $30 (erm... whats the exchange rate?) for use of my bathroom. And he had to clean the kitchen. Sweet vengeance.
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 am
Bloo says...

Evan hated it when his sister did that, when ever he tried to help her he got hurt. As soon as she left though he got her back, he quickly loosened all her drawers and door, took off the virus block on her computer and put in a new one,. He then laughed to himself and liberated his 30 bucks from her secret hiding spot, that was not so secret. He then strolled past her in the hallway and waited as he heard her scream as her door fell. Then before she could get to him he climbed up into the air duct and she ran right under him.

* and 30 USD = 20.67 GBP*

324 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 am
Threnody says...

*Thanks*

Violet~
"You are such a dolt!" I yelled at him.

But the $30 was fake so I could deal. I sat with my arms crossed on my chest. The duct didn't go anywhere else so we were stuck.

"Tried to help me? We're siblings! Help should come without some stupid price! And just so you know, that money is fake and I want it back."

"You gave me fake money?" he asked, calmly though. He probably wanted some for his next game with the law.

"Yep. it's pretty nice huh? I'll give you some if you'll fix my drawers and doors. And my computer?

He rolled his eyes. I had it easy up in the heating ducts because of my light figure but Evan was lumbering around... It was right that the ducts were my turf. He belonged firmly on the ground.

"Okay! You've got yourself a deal!" he answered happily.

"Alright then. I'm getting out of here, your smell has clogged the air." I had an advantage because getting in last meant getting out first.
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:22 am
Bloo says...

Ea=van spent the next half hour fixing the problems he made for his sister. But when he reached the computer he was stuck, there was a second virus he did not put on there that stumped him. His sister saw he was stumped and came over. "whats wrong" she asked.
"well this virus i can't find the root, it should have a place to delete it some where but i can't find it anywhere."
"well, then what are you going to do"
"well i could do a bunch of things, but they are a dangerous to the computer and might not even work."
"then what"
"well i could try to run a scan to find the root but i need to run to the store to pick some stuff up, but i can't till tomorrow the place is closed now"

324 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:49 pm
Threnody says...

I nodded. It was alright, but a virus my brother couldn't fix? That was impressive. I was kind of proud of the virus.

"Let me see," i told him. Within minutes the whole laptop was in pieces waiting for thorough inspection.

"That doesn't help," Evan told me, watching my work.

"And why not? Someone could have bugged the thing directly." i answered, though lost in my work.

"Alright then..." he said, raising his right eyebrow.

But I did find something odd. It was like the computer's main drive had mutated somehow. I tinkered around with it but it wasn't like heat damage, or sabotage but just something that had showed up. It was really weird.

"It looks like we'll need to replace the main drive. That isn't good, we'll lose everything... but we probably already did with the virus."

Next Morning~

We awoke early in order to make it to the electronics store. My parents had gone on some extended trip and somehow trusted us enough to stay here and no destroy the house.

When we arrived at the store we saw that it was in mayhem. The clerks were running around yelling at their fellow workers and the manager was yelling out empty commands. The atmosphere was pretty intense.

We walked past the computers in the display room. They were all down.

"What happened?" Evan asked a desperate worker.

"I don't know, something went wrong with all the computers. But don't worry, we'll be back to business in just a few." The worker answered with a forced cheeriness.
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:33 pm
Bloo says...

"well, come one lets go" Evan said
"but we need the drive and the scanner thing" violet said
"i know" Evan said pulling one of each from his pocket
"how, when, where" Was all violet could say as he walked away and over to a vending machine. He put a dollar in and an iced tea cam out. "ah brisk" he said and he walked away not to the house though.
"where are you going" Violet called after him
"come and find out' he said and began to run.

324 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm
Threnody says...

I ran after him.

"Ms. Violet Beckham! What on earth are you doing?"

Oh dear. It was my teacher. I thought they slept in coffins over the summer.

"Why hello Ms. Carlyle! Good day isn't it?" I told my elderly, and nosy Algebra teacher.

She glared at me. "Are you ransacking the electronics store young lady? it seems like something your brother would get you into!" And yes, she hated my brother with a passion.

She walked right up to me and investigated my situation. My brother was hiding in an ally. The traitor. Then she walked up to my brother.

"You look guilty!" She declared. "No surprise there."

She looked a bit drunk. Or maybe a bit light-headed?

"Ms Carlyle, let me help you..." I told her. She pushed me back with determined elderly lady strength.
~ The Little Prince~

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe