z

Young Writers Society

War of Secrets

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 am
Chupatoasta says...

Adelle L'Antigua~

"Addy! Get up! Come on! You were supposed to be in college all ready but no, you didn't want to listen to me and use everything I taught you throughout your seventeen years of life!" Adelle covered her tired head with a pillow, groaning something incoherant. "Adelle Addison L'Antigua if you do not get your little wolf ass out of bed right now I'll bring the ice water in here." Within seconds, after pushing her dad out of her band poster-covered room of course, Adelle was dressed in a regular pair of long, dark jeans with a faded tan on the legs, a black Pittburgh Steelers jacket, and a pair of ugg boots. She ran a brush through her semi-long brunette hair and finished everything off with a pair of thick-rimmed glasses, a spritz of Black Amethyst body spray, and her regular face-wash, toothbrush, make-up routine.

Adelle Addison L'Antigua was ready for her first day at her new school.

A hyper austrailian puppy weaved around one of her legs the second she stepped out of her room, barking excitedly. Adelle laughed and scratched the sixteen week old in between the ears. "Hello Kuta! Are you going to be good a good boy while mommy is at school?" The puppy, Kuta, barked again. "That's a good boy!" After feeding Kuta, Adelle swung her bags over her shoulder and jogged out to her car, throwing them into the seat next to her and cranking the car up. It was October, and it was colder than a normal fall day. Adelle slid into the seat and backed out of the driveway, speeding towards the school.

**Her clothes minus the white jacket
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Timmy Ciummo

"Beep!... Beep!... Beep!" My alarm blared by my right ear, a constant blast that drove my head so insane it forced my mind to wake up. I fumbled for the snooze button, tipping my small lamp over on my night stand and knocking my magazines over onto the floor. When I finally hit the button on my alarm my head still buzzing with the noise.

Ah Mondays. How I hated Mondays.

My expansive penthouse suite was sadly empty as I got myself up and got ready for school. I took a shower, ate a small breakfast with a nice hot expresso on the side and left. I was so used to the loneliness you would have thought I'd gotten used to it, but it was a new kind of loneliness. Even though I was seventeen it already felt like I was living on my own.

My parents had recently divorced, so I was forced to live with my dad due to his financial support that frankly my mom just didn't have. But just because she was living in a trailer in Florida didn't mean I wouldn't give anything to be with her. It just seemed like I would be trapped among the wealthy of New York City for all of eternity.

My car was parked in the garage where it couldn't get scratched. It was a hot-rod red Corvette, a gift from my dad on my sixteenth birthday. My dad couldn't make it to my party, so he just figured he'd buy an expensive car to make it up to me. Well, it did because the car turned out to be my life.

I drove to school and zipped around traffic. My school was a Preparatory School, very high-end and modern, one of the best in the country. Some common people made it in on scholarships, but very few. It was highly exclusive and was similar to a college campus. Actually, considering my current lifestyle, I might as well have already been in college.

I pulled in front of the gates where a line of student cars were forming. All the students had cars like mine, some nicer than others. I inched forward towards the front and finally showed the person at the gate my Student ID card and was let through into campus.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

23 Reviews

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:11 am
Chupatoasta says...

Adelle stared at the man before her, eyes wide. Where'd she put her card?! Did she not just get it yesterday?! Adelle searched frantically through her pockets and purse, finally running her hand over her jacket pocket. Oh! She pulled her multi-coloured wallet out of her pcoket and laughed silently to herself, only to have Mr. Guard look at her oddly. Adelle whipped out her card, flashing it only five seconds before he let her pass.

Addy groaned and checked her watch. Seven thirty-two. At her old school she was usually getting up at this time. Not watching where she was going, Adelle ran into a locker door that had just been opened, causing her to slam backwards onto the ground. She groaned and held her nose, rolling to the side. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!" The locker suddenly slammed shut, exposing a pettit blonde with bright blue eyes, a skirt that was way too short, and a tank that was too tight. Eww. Adelle scrambled backwards, running into strong legs, and glanced up. A tall, buff guy was staring down at her, almost looking intimadating. She suddenly remembered why she hated high school. Adelle stood up and jet towards another area of lockers, her hands quickly working on the lock. She threw her stuff into the top of the locker, not noticing the stuff on the bottom, and ran towards her homeroom, tripping at least twice.
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm

"Timmy, what's up dude?" Greg asked. People thought you were dead here if they didn't see you out partying on the weekends, because there really wasn't much else to do for the guys. The girls were a different story. They were carrying designer bags, clothes and shoes that had just been up-dated yesterday. It's like all they did was shop and I couldn't understand it for the life of me.

I punched Greg's knuckles, our usual greeting, and casually walked over to my locker. The morning rush of human traffic was slowed as girls gossiped and guys just walked around without a care in the world. I got over to my locker and threw my books in, ready to start the new day.

First period I had Calculus, the worst way to begin my day. I took a seat in the back of the room where Greg and Ken were sitting, my new friends since I had moved from Florida. They were jocks; tall, lean and mean, but they were good guys. Greg was captain of the wrestling team and Ken was one of the best swimmers in our school. I was a linebacker in football, but I really wasn't that special. Greg and Ken thought I was the best.

They had huge smiles on their face when I sat down, motioning towards the front with snickers. I didn't realize what they were doing until my eyes followed theirs. There was a girl sitting up front clutching her books while the teacher introduced her to the class. She was certainly an object of interest here, or rather her clothes were. When I looked into her eyes they sparkled black, if that's even possible, and looked straight back at me. She had long, silky black hair and dark gray colored eyes. Her clothes were what really caught everyone's attention and made the snickers and pointing begin. Her clothes had and Indie or Western look to them with a hoodie and fur boots. The girl's eyes seemed to change to defiance as people laughed at her.
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:41 am
Chupatoasta says...

Adelle heard it all. All the snickers and everything they were saying. So what if she didn't wear Dolce and Gabana or Gucci. Hell, she was fine with a pair of tennis shoes, baggy jeans, and a t-shirt that was to big on her. She glanced down at her notebook to take the notes that were on the board only to find that her nails hade engraved deep cuts. Addy yelped and jumped out of her seet, her belt catching on the desk, which toppled forward, and of course made the class burst into hysterical laughter. She should've taken up her mother's home school offer.

Smooth. A voice laughed in her head. She growled mentally and quickly gathered her books stiffly. She stood robotically and slammed her books back onto her desk, taking a seat. Stupid voice. Always pointing out the embarrassing Adelle did. Her father said something about there being an inner demon inside every unnatural demon who makes fun of the holder and usually turns that holder from good to evil. Adelle shuddered at the thought, scratching the needle thin scar across her eye.

The teacher had given her detention for being a disturbance. Detention on [s]the[/s] her first day. Adelle groaned at the pink slip and slammed her head on the desk, only to have the teacher thump her on the ear. What? Was she being demoted to a dog now? What's next a little bottle filled with water? The urge to snap at the teacher pushed through her mind's wall, but she forced it back out, considering that fact that she'd look like even a bigger freak. The voice within her cackled impishly and she huffed angrily.
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:43 am

I thought about the girl in the front of the class and watched her curiously, sure she did some strange things, but she caught my interest immediately. The teacher had just given her a detention slip for being a disturbance in our class, which I could totally disagree with. She was the one who had made it interesting.

Wow, harsh, I thought to myself. I looked at the girl and noticed her attention had immediately been turned to face me. She looked as if she had heard me as if I was talking to her. The girs' eyes narrowed, but then he dismissed the impossible idea that I could have been talking to her when I was clearly seated across the classroom. Or that's what I thought at the time.

We all gathered our books for the next class and chatted with who ever was by us. Greg and Ken were talking about girls, but I wasn't really paying attention. There was only one girl on my mind.

"Hey, catch up with you at lunch!" I waved over at the guys as I headed towards where she had been headed to her next class. The guys didn't have any classes with me besides first period because I took AP courses. Adi seemed to be headed the same way I would need to be for second period anyway, French.

I caught up to her and fell into stride on her left side. "Hi." I said, extending my hand as we continued to walk towards French. "I'm Timmy." She first looked at my hand with bewilderment, but then looked up into my eyes.

"I'm Adi." We shook hands. Adi seemed to be wary around me, but that was probably because of before. I shook the thoughts out of my head and smiled at her.
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Haha, I just remembered that I have this guy in my class named Timmy. Wow... I feel like an idiot for not remembering that sooner hehehe**

Adelle stared at the guy for a moment, eyes studying over him but quickly shifting to the ground before her. She stepped over a pile of books. One of the things she would've tripped over had she not been looking. Yep, she was a natural klutzilla. Timmy started to say something, making her look up. Sadly, after only a few seconds of disctraction Adelle tripped over some idiot that was sprawled out of the ground, recovering from a blow to the gut from one of his friends. She tumbled to the floor and her books shot forward, slamming into the blonde from before's back. Ah shit. She spun around like a terrorfied cat and snapped at one of the girls that stood around her. The girl pointed at Adelle, who was still on the ground. Oh double shit. The blonde stomped over, eyes fiery with rage. Triple shit. She sucked in a breath and began to scream. Maybe she was the head cheerleader. You know the ones that were always in those teen books as queen of the school.

While she was screaming down at Addy, who was gathering her books, a crowd had gathered around them, yelling out fight over and over again. This was just like that one novel Adelle had read about the nerd girl coming to a new highschool and shoving the blonde in front of her on accident. The blonde, whose name was apparently Grace, yanked a handfull of Addy's thick, ebony hair, only to be ignored. Right as Adelle reaches for her French book Grace yanked her away, dragging her towards a bathroom. "Fine, if you don't want to apologize I'll just have to cut all this hair off." Sadly, those were the words that sparked something with in Addy. The demon inside her danced out of its prison and she stood up, smiling wickedly at Grace, who was terrorfied at the color of Addy's eyes that only she could see. Ignoring the pain in her scalp Adelle dug her painted, black nails into Grace's right shoulder, mouth right near her ear.

"Let me tell you something little miss perfect. I could easily put you in your place as we speak. Maybe rip off a limb, or two, or maybe just all of them. I take joy in the pain of others." Like stated before, it was her inner demon talking. "I would just love to rip you limb from him, blood squirting everywhere, however, I'd be charged with murder and that's not something a want. Yet that is. Now, run your skimpy little ass back to your little friends. If out little conversation gets out I'll see to it personally that your guts are mounted on the wall next to your father's rhino head. Got it?" Adelle felt her nod against her cheek, and let go of her. Grace hurried back to her friends, who then all hurried off. She shook her head quickly, eyes back to normal, and smiled widely, grabbing her French book from Timmy, who had picked it up a while ago,
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:36 pm

*Lol, I have a friend named Tommy. I just think Timmy's a cute name. :)*

"Are you alright?" I asked, concerned. That must be one rough first day.

"I'm fine." she beamed up at me, but then her face fell slightly when she looked to where Trisha was, one of the meanest cheerleader on our school's squad. It seemed like she made an enemy on her first day, but Trisha strangely looked more scared of her than angry.

"So what's your next class after French?" I decided to make small talk. She looked up at me with a confused expression.

"How did you know I'm going to French?" she asked. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Lucky guess. That's my next class." I grinned. Adi returned the smile.

"Oh, well I guess I have..." she dug through her books and pulled out a paper that had her schedule, "AP English." she finished.

"Same." I told her as we entered the classroom. Ms. Joclair welcomed Adi with a "bonjour" as I started towards my seat.

"I guess I'll see you around then."
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Adelle smiled and nodded before handing her slip to Ms. Joclair, who scratched her name onto it and added a smiley face. Addy laughed to herself before striding to her seat and going over her schedule. She had AP English next, then lunch, then some other advanced classes. Adelle sighed as the class began.

"Bonjour la classe je suis Mme Joclair," Ms. Joclair smiled widely.

"Bonjour," the class, excluding Adelle, answered back.

Puisque c'est deuxième symester que nous parlerons dans le français droit. Aucun anglais du tout. Maintenant, nous avons un nouvel étudiant. Accueillez s'il vous plaît Adelle L'Antigua." Adelle immediately blushed as Ms. Joclair pulled her out of her chair.

"Um... h-"

"Dans le français s'il vous plaît," Ms. Joclair smiled again and Adelle nodded.

"Je suis Adelle Addison L'Antigua. J'ai bougé ici du Royaume-Uni, mais je peux parler sans mon accent. Je suis né à l'Ouest Clé, la Floride et déplacé dans le Royaume-Uni quand j'avais douze ans et j'ai vécu là depuis. C'est... de cela." Ms. Joclair nodded once, still smiling, and Adelle hurried back to her seat, almost sinking in it.

*****~Puisque c'est deuxième symester que nous parlerons dans le français droit. Aucun anglais du tout. Maintenant, nous avons un nouvel étudiant. Accueillez s'il vous plaît Adelle L'Antigua. = Since this is the second symester we'll be talking in straight French. No English at all. Now, we have a new student. Please welcome Adelle L'Antigua.~

~Dans le français s'il vous plaît = in french please~

~Je suis Adelle Addison L'Antigua. J'ai bougé ici du Royaume-Uni, mais je peux parler sans mon accent. Je suis né à l'Ouest Clé, la Floride et déplacé dans le Royaume-Uni quand j'avais douze ans et j'ai vécu là depuis. C'est ... de cela. = I'm Adelle Addison L'Antigua. I moved here from the United Kingdom, but I can speak without my accent. I was born in Key West, Florida and moved to the UK when I was twelve and I've lived there since then. That's... about it. ~*******
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:39 pm

*I don't know any French... I'm taking Spanish, but figured the language just seemed to fit.*

Timmy Ciummo

I looked over from my seat and smiled at her as she sat down. She returned it with a timid smile and then looked straight ahead. She seemed a bit mousy, but that could just be because it was her first day.

"Aujourd'hui nous étudierons des endroits pour voir en France. Nous tous savons que notre programme d'échange sera soulevé bientôt, satisfaisons ainsi complétons vos formes de sorte que puisse être possible." Ms. Joclair rambled through-out the hour about our trip to Paris and student exchange, which intrigued the class, but not me. I was to intrigued by the way Adi played with her hair and twirled her pencil. I was still trying to figure out what had happened before in Period 1 and why it seemed like.. like she could see right through me. In my new life of glamour and vogue, I had been seeing the same Barbie dolls for the last few months I was stuck in this hell hole. But Adi was a completely different kind of person. And, besides that, I felt a connection towards her I couldn't even explain, like a bond. That's what it was, a bond.

The period was over with the ringing peal of the bell. Our day was spent together, chatting in the hallways and walking together. Sure, we got many stares, most of them from my friends, but I didn't mind a bit. When we were together it was like no one else was there. I asked her many questions, and she answered many of them. She never asked me one, but accepted my inquiries with nods and smiles.

Oddly enough, Adi seemed wary of me at times. She wouldn't always open up, like on subjects of where she came from and why she moved here. i could sense those were touchy subjects and she was keeping things from me, but I didn't question further. If it wasn't something I needed to know, I wouldn't make her tell me.

One conversation seemed to stop her dead in her tracks. We were just chatting about where she came when I finally brought up what had been on my mind since I first saw her.

"So, why are your eyes that color?" I inquired. She stiffened, stopped walking, and looked hard at me.

"What color are they?" she asked. Adi seemed to have a desperate, panicked edge to her tone, bordering hysteria. I was surprised and answered her question,

"They're blackish... Kind of silvery now." My eyebrows knit in confusion. Weren't they gray just a second ago? She seemed calmed by my answer and continued to walk with me.

"Your eyes are the same color, if you want to know." she said nonchalantly. I turned to her, confused again.

"They're dark brown." I told her. Adi shrugged.

"Take a look for yourself if you don't believe me, but they're not brown." she said to me. I decided to change the subject instead of argue. I was sure my eyes were brown.

*Just wanted to add a little drama there. I think their eye color should show others what they truly are. ;)*
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Addy laughed lightly and breathed in relief. She didn't want to have to move after only a few days back in America. Her cellphone suddenly went off, Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus screaming through the speaker. It was like she'd screamed out 'sex' or something because the entire hall went silent, listening to her ringtone. Once she answered, however, they eurupted into laughter. She slipped into a classroom, not bothering to see if Timmy was following or not. "Hello?"

After ten minutes of arguing with her dad over which room was hers and were all her 'tribal' stuff should go Adelle hung up the phone, spinning around quickly. She let out a scream of fright as she ran into Timmy, stiffening as his hands wrapped around her shoulders, obviously to keep her from falling. When he let go she took a small, barely noticable step away from him. "So you've got football after school right?" She questioned, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, you going to try out for the che-" Before he could finish Adelle started to laugh. She wanted to apologize, but sadly, she could hardly breathe.

"Um... no. Sorry, but if I wanted to dance around in little bitty skirts, tight shirts, holding a pair of pom-poms I might as well just become a stripper."

**gotta go sorry**
George Bernard Shaw

146 Reviews

Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

"You know, all cheerleaders aren't sluts," I said while laughing along with her. She shrugged while replying,

"Just like how jocks aren't all jerks." She winked at me, but my laugh had died out.

"No, they're not," I said quietly. Adelle realized what she had said and quickly fixed it.

*Sorry it's so short, but I have to go*
Got YWS?

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson