z

Young Writers Society

Without a Care

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:54 am
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn felt safe tucked close to Kyle. She didn't know why, but she liked being so near him. It was, safe.

"Once I got to sleep, I stayed asleep." She shrugged. "YOu?"

"I was ok." He smiled down at her.

*tears, I'm brain dead*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 am
Rosendorn says...

Silence fell and stayed. Kyle kept his arm around Fawn, rubbing her arm every time she shook from either cold or fear. Heart would come sometimes, but mostly she just kept an eye on them.

The hours ticked by, and soon it was noon. The sound of a car coming up the drive and doors slamming let Kyle and Fawn know the cops had shown up.

Kyle removed his arm from around Fawn. "I'll go talk to Colt for a bit."

"You're not staying?"

He shook his head. "We can't testify at the same time. We'll have to be out of hearing range of each other." He put his hand on her shoulder. "You'll have Heart though."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:27 am
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn looked at Kyle and bit her lower lip. She had known he wouldn't be with her, but had hoped he would be. "Alright." She said chewing nervously on her lip. She could hear someone walking towards the barn. "SOunds like their impatient."

"You'll be fine." Kyle smiled at her. "Now, I'll see you in a little bit." he slipped out of the barn, she heard him talking to someone as she slipped into Heart's stall and rubbed the mare's head.

"So he thinks. I'm not so gung ho sure I'll be fine." She whispered to Heart who nickered and nudged her gently. "Ya, so you and Kyle both think it'll be ok. I'm sure nothing bad'll happen, though they'll think I"m crazy cause I'm talking to a horse and interperting what you do as saying someone." She kissed the heart on Heart's head and then listened to people coming down the aisle.

"Fawn?" She heard Kimmy behind her and she turned around walking to the stall door and leaning against it, Heart right behind her. She saw the two cops, one a lady one a man. The lady was tall and thin with a gun on her side, the man was short and fat, also with a gun.

***Gotta jet. :'( I've nothing more. :S ***
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***Bump?***
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Yes, I know. I'm just brain-dead at the moment. And I have been the past month. :?*

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***I know how that is. I just didn't know if you had forgotten or not***
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:20 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***Sneeze, bump***
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Oh-kay, don't know how good this will be, but I'm here*

Kyle walked away, wondering how she would do. She had Heart there, so she should be alright. He hoped she'd be, at least.

He went back into the kitchen where Colt was waiting.

Colt smiled half-heartedly. "How do you think she'll do?"

Kyle shook his head. "Don't know. I doubt she'd talk about it that willingly."

Colt sighed. "If she wants to see those charges stick, she has to talk about it."

Kyle nodded but stayed quiet.

~

An hour later, the two cops came in. The woman put one hand in her pocket. "I don't think she'll say anything more. Who's next to testify?"

Kyle pushed himself up from his chair. "I'll do it."

110 Reviews

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 am
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn waited until the cops left before she slipped out of the stall leading Heart to the ring after saddling her. SHe needed to think about something other then all the memories that had been pulled up when she was answering questions. SHe said as little as possible, but enough to get Jake locked up. She mounted up and Heart moved smoothly under her. After a while she just closed her eyes and dropped the reins. Heart started to canter around in a circle and Fawn just sat there her eyes closed, taking deep breaths, she could do this. She would be ok.

"Nice trick." She heard Kyle call from the fence. Heart slowed down and stopped and Fawn opened her eyes.

"Thanks." SHe said. "It cleared my head." She sighed.
Want a Readers crit???

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain