z

Young Writers Society

Without a Care

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:34 am
Rosendorn says...

Kyle got up and put his hand on her shoulder. "You can't stay outside much longer then. Not unless you want to catch hypothermia. I'm sure the kids will leave you alone and let you warm up."

"I don't want them to look at me like I'm some kind of freak!" She cried, hugging Heart tighter. Heart turned her head to 'hug' Fawn in return.

He sighed. "Fawn, you're cold and in shock. If you don't warm up soon, then you might need to be hospitalized."

Fawn jerked away from Heart's neck. "That-- that's a mean way to get me inside."

Kyle put his arm around her again. "You can come back out here once you're warm, but for now, you need to be inside."

"They'll still stare at me," she said quietly as they walked to the house.

He rubbed her arm. "None of them will think it was your fault, if that's what you're worried about. And I'm sure Kimmy will have a nice warm soup on the table."

She hugged herself. "Think I could eat it in front of the fire? I'm freezing!"

"Sure."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

When Fawn got inside Kimmy handed her a bowl of something hot and then Kyle a cup of steaming chocolate colored drink. She put one by the fire for Fawn too.

"Thanks." Fawn and KYle said. Fawn got as close to the fire as they would let her.

"What is this?" Fawn asked as hse blew on the hot liquid.

"Chicken soup. Stuffed full of veggies, chicken, and broth. It's good, I've had it before." Kyle grinned as Kimmy brought him some.

"Smells really good." She smiled as she dished some of the meat in her mouth. She started to whimper blowing through her mouth. "H...t.Ho..Hot!" She swallowed it as everyone laughed.

"HEre." Kimmy dropped some ice in it and smiled. "THat'll cool it down faster."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

"They're staring at me," Fawn hissed, curling up into her jacket more.

"Ignore them," he whispered back.

The couch creaked as Tawny got up. She grabbed a blanket and put it around Fawn's shoulders.

"What's that for?" Fawn asked coldly.

Tawny sat down. "It's, well, to thank you. For stopping Jack from taking me out on a ride."

Fawn shivered and pulled the blanket around her shoulders more. "Oh. You're welcome, then, I guess."

Jamie came over and sat next to Tawny. "You're alright?"

Fawn nodded. "Thanks to Kyle."

Kyle took a bite of soup and swallowed. "Thanks to Heart, you mean. For letting me know."

Tawny was about to ask something, but Kyle silenced her with a look. He knew Fawn wouldn't be up for answering questions.

"How's the soup now?" Kimmy asked.

Fawn took a bite. "Better." She blew on the next spoonful. "Still hot though."

Kimmy went to the couch. "You need the warmth."

~~

Once Fawn had finished, Kimmy leaned forward. "You'll have to talk to the police soon, Fawn. They need to hear what happened."

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn swallowed hard. "No." She said pulling hte covers tight around her shoulders.

"Then you'll let her get away with it?" Kyle asked gently as the others walked out of the room other hten him, Colt, and Kimmy.

"You wouldn't know how many times he's gotten away with it." She hissed.

"Then don't let him do it again." Kimmy said. "We'll be there."

"Only if I can eb out with Heart." She said firmly.

*Sorry*
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kyle rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe the first time you talk to them you can be with Heart. As long as nobody's around to hear, I guess."

"You'll have to testify too Kyle," Colt said quietly. "Since you interrupted."

He nodded. "I know."

"The first time?" Fawn asked cautiously.

Kimmy nodded. "If the charge of assault sticks, he'll have to show up in court."

"With you as a witness." Colt added gravely. "Along with every other girl who's willing to step forward."

"No!" Fawn said firmly. "Not without Heart."

Kyle took her hand and squeezed it. "I'll be there too. And, eventually, you need to learn to do things without your horse by your side."

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 am
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn puleld her hand away and curled up tight staring into the fire. SHe didn't want to witness against him. She didn't even want to see him again. She shivered at the thought of seeing him again.

"You won't find anyone to witness against him. He chose girls he knew wouldn't talk." She said not pullnig her gaze away from the fire.

"But he can't hurt you." Kimmy said.

"Maybe not. But I don't like courts." She replied. "I don't like people. Ok that isn't going to change!" She jumped up and ran out of the house to the barn and into Heart's stall after grabbing a saddle pad to wrap up in. She had also brought the blanket form inside.

"They can't think I'll go! I won't, I won't. I can't. People don't believe foster kids anyway. He's to good at weaving lies. They won't believe me so why should I go?" She hissed to Heart who walked over and nudged her.
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kyle watched her run off.

"You gonna go after her?" Colt asked.

Kyle stretched. "I don't know. She might not be willing to talk to me."

Kimmy got up and took the bowls. "Better go after her soon. We don't want her to freeze again."

Kyle nodded. "I'll just give her a few minutes. She's probably smarting."

Kimmy nodded and went into the kitchen.

"Got to wonder what went on between those two." Colt said, leaning back.

Kyle shrugged. "I don't know. She'll have to face it eventually though."

Not waiting for Colt's answer, he grabbed his jacket and went outside.

At the entrance to the stables, he heard Fawn hiss,

"They can't think I'll go! I won't, I won't. I can't. People don't believe foster kids anyway. He's to good at weaving lies. They won't believe me so why should I go?"

Kyle leaned over the stable door. "But it's not just you. It's Colt, Kimmy and me saying he's done something."

She looked up. "It won't matter. He'll use every excuse ever to get away."

He went into the stall and sat next to her. "He might, but how will his argument stack up against four people's argument?"

"I still don't want to see him," she grumbled, curling up tighter.

He made her look at him. "You have to face him sometime." Kyle leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I know you can Fawn."

She didn't say anything, just blushed and looked away.

Kyle got up, knowing he had said all he could. "You probably won't have to testify against him for awhile. Just remember what I said, okay? And try to come inside before you freeze. We won't talk about it anymore."

With that, he left her in the stables.

*So much for this being short! xD*

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*****Hahahahahaha, yup*****

Fawn could feel her whole face burning. He'd kissed her! Well, her forehead, but still. She couldn't figure out why her gut was in so many knots over one silly little freindly kiss on the forehead.

"I don't know if I can go."S he whispered. "I don't want him to do it again." Heart nickered walking over and nudging her. "Don't go joining their side." She smiled. "Fine, I'll do it. But I won't tell them I will until they talk about it again and he said they aren't talking about it.

"Better get inside too. It's getting colder." SHe hugged Heart's neck and then slipped back into the house walking to the kitchen and getting some chips and salsa. SHe was really hungry, even after all that soup.

"Can I have some?" She heard Kyle say from behind her. She felt her cheeks start to burn, but she fought the impulse and nodded passing him the bag of chips as she put another one in her mouth. "Heart settled in?"

"Ya, she didn't want me leaving, but I think she knows I dont' have a nice warm coat like her's." She said smling a little.

"Yup, you got coats, but they dont' stay warm all the time like Heart's." He replied passing her back some chips.

"When do you have to go home?" She asked.
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

*I'll be good now! :P*

He looked out the window. "I don't know. It's pretty cold to ride back." Kyle showed her his hands; the fingertips were beginning to turn white. "And I can't spend much more time in the cold."

Fawn hung her head. "Sorry."

"For what?" He put a hand on her shoulder. "You didn't do anything wrong." Kyle shut up; he couldn't talk about what had happened. Until tomorrow, at least. He hadn't wanted to make things worse by talking about it the same day, but the topic would come up eventually.

She moved out from under his hand. "What'll you do tonight then?"

He shrugged. "Call my parents and ask if I can stay here tonight. I'm sure they'll be fine with that."

Fawn nodded, almost gratefully. Kyle figured he should call his parents now, before he forgot.

Just as he'd thought, his mom was fine with him staying. Just as he hung up, Kimmy popped her head into the kitchen.

"You guys have any movie requests?"

"Not really," Kyle said. "Want us to make popcorn?"

Kimmy smiled. "That'd be great. How 'bout you Fawn?"

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Something with action. Nothing girly." She said as she grabbed another coat and pulled it on to keep her nice and toasty. She didn't know whose it was, but figured they wouldn't mind. Kyle and Fawn walked into the living room with the popcorn and found the only seat left was the oversize chair, it could be a love seat, but it was more like a huge chair.

"My coat warm enough?" Colt teased.

"For now." She smiled lightly as she sat on the chair and pulled her knees up to her chest.

*tears, I'm glad you'll be good. Now I wish I'd have a good long post.*
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 am
Rosendorn says...

*xD*

Kyle sat on the floor; it was warm enough thanks to the rug. Fawn would sometimes kick him if the movie got good, but, most of the time, she kept her feet still.

By the time the movie was over, everybody was ready to drift off to bed. Kyle took the empty boy's room, the one that hadn't been Jack's. He didn't want to spend the night there, that was for sure.

"When are the police coming?" he asked Colt when Fawn was out of hearing range.

Colt shrugged. "Probably a couple of days. They want to get as much as they can out of Jack first."

Kyle nodded absently. "I'll make sure I'm here then. They'll ask her if she want to appear in court then, and, well..."

Colt put a hand on his shoulder. "Alright. I'll call you."

Kyle smiled. "Thanks. 'Night Colt."

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn curled under the pile of covers she had on her bed. Even with the heater she still felt cold. She could hear voices down stairs, but she couldn't hear what they were saying. She finally closed her eyes and curled in a ball smiling a little. She was safe, under the pile of covers, beneath the roof of a house where people cared. She snuggled deeper in the covers and sighed. She never wanted to leave here. She didn't want to be sent to another home.

"Good night, Fawn." Kimmy said popping her head inside the door.

"Good night." She called back. SHe heard the door close and hten diffted off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fawn woke up to people moving around downstairs. She slipped into layers of clothes and then slipped downstairs and stood in front of the fire.

"Got enough layers on?" She heard Kyle laugh from behind her.

"No." She replied as she looked at the fire. "How is it so cold in here?"

"It's below zero outside." He laughed. "It's supposed to warm up soon."
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am
Rosendorn says...

Fawn bundled herself up more. "And it won't happen soon enough."

He laughed again. "Not one for the cold?"

"It keeps me away from Heart," she said, getting breakfast.

Kyle nodded. "Yeah. That can be tough. Although I don't know if spending time with them is worth a two-hour ride."

Fawn looked up. "You're going home soon?"

He got up from the table. "Yeah. I didn't help out my parents as much as I should have yesterday. I might be back in a few days though."

She nodded and continued eating.

"Bye guys!" Kyle called as he left the house.

~~~

A few days later, Kyle rode back to the ranch. He spotted Fawn in the stables, and he knew the police would be arriving soon. He stabled Dusty and went to her.

"You're okay?"

110 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Fawn rubbed Heart's head. "The cops are coming today." She said threading her fingers in Heart's mane.

"Today?" He asked.

"Yup, at noonish." She replied.

"You need to talk to them." He said gently.

"I don't want to." She replied squaring her shoulders. "I dont ever want to see him again."

"So, you'll let him get off the hook to go hurt someone else?" He asked. She bit her lip. She'd thought of that too. She had a chance to put him behind bars and she was being a chicken. She was letting Kyle down.

"I don't want to talk about it. They'll ask wha...what happened...last time." She chocked out. She couldn't even think about it.

**Sorry it's short, again. :'(**
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:27 am
Rosendorn says...

Kyle put his hand on her shoulder. "You'll be okay. Heart's here, remember?"

"Will you be?" she asked hopefully.

He shook his head. "Sorry. They'll want to hear our accounts separately. We can hang out this morning though."

Fawn leaned her head back against the stable door. "Can we just stay out here? I don't want to go inside."

Kyle nodded and leaned against the wall next to her. He carefully eased his arm around her, letting Fawn lean into him. He knew she'd be cold, but at the same time he couldn't help but feel protective of her. She'd always been more open to him then anybody else. And, she was one of the few kids on the ranch who actually understood horses.

He sighed and tightened his grip. Fawn was a little too shaken up to want more then somebody there.

"Did you sleep at all last night?"

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles