z

Young Writers Society

Crystal Quest

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 am
Rosendorn says...

Rose-

Rose walked a few steps in front of Zire. She let her mind work as to where they should go. The next Temple would be the first choice, but that might lead Aryn right to them, and a Crystal shard.

She turned to Zire. "Where do you think we should go?"

He looked up, seemly jerked out of a thought. Rose stiffled a sigh and repeated the question.

He looked down as they continued to walk, thinking over her question. "We should risk the temple. We'll need more power if we're to defeat him."

"But using our powers might bring him running," she pointed out.

"It's a risk we'll have to take."

Mira-

"How long do you think they'll be?" Mira asked, looking back the way they'd come.

Jeni shuddered. "If they bring a Death mage to us, I don't want them to come."

Mira rolled her eyes. "It also keeps you away from Zire."

Jeni ducked her head. "Well, that too."

Mira looked ahead. "We went in the direction Rose told us the closest Temple was in. Do you have that shard?"

Jeni pulled it out of her bag. "I-- I think I can sense something from it. We're headed in the right direction. It feels close, actually. Really close."

Mira picked up her pace a little. "Then let's go."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 pm
Firestalker says...

Zire

I was unconditionally afraid. Afraid and nervous. Where would we go? What would we do? We could not escape him. We could not do anything. He would hunt us down. He was a predator and we were his prey.

"I changed my mind" I said suddenly just as we were about to leave.

Rose stopped and looked at me curious to hear out my 'new plan'.

"Lets just stay here. Stay here and die." I replied sinking down onto the grown and keeping my head between my legs, almost in the verge of screaming at the top of my lungs.

It took a little while for Rose to realize that i had given up. After all, she had had faith in me.

"We can't go on" I explained choosing my words carefully "Aryn would..."

"Would do what?" Rose cut in angrily "Whats gotten into you?"

She started scolding me, scolding and mocking me, trying to make me resume our journey. When I could stand no more i looked up, into her eyes.

"I'm scared" I replied simply and went back to gazing at the cold ground.

Rose stopped what she was saying. She looked at me for a while and then sighed. It was not a sigh of anger or laziness. It was a sigh that made me look back up.

"Come on Zire, we're all afraid but without you we have no chance of surviving. You know Aryn best. You know his strengths and weaknesses. Together we could defeat him, trust me" She said.

Aryn

I smelled the air that came my way. I smelled flesh. Not of Zire or his girlfriend but of two other mages. They were powerful enough to be drained. Yes, i wanted some fun after all. Why not toy around with them a little, let them think they were winning and then finish them off. I stood up and started running that way, it was only a few leagues away from where I stood. I would reach them soon. very soon.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

1272 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

*One day back and you've twisted the story again...*

Rose

Zire shook his head. "You don't know what Aryn is capable of."

Rose held out a hand to help him get up. "We escaped him once. We'd be able to do it again."

He hesitated before taking her hand and pulling himself up. "You must know it will be harder next time."

She half-smiled. "I'll just have to come up with more tricks then."

They began walking again, heading towards the nearest temple. The wind suddenly shifted, bringing with it new smells. Rose stopped in her tracks. The smell was new yet unmistakeable. Aryn. There was something else on the wind, or, something behind it. Magic. Jeni had sent that wind.

Rose looked back to Zire. He had already smelled Aryn. He was also turning rigid from fear. Rose snapped her fingers to bring him out of it.

"We'll be able to take him. Mira might be stronger, being out of the Death kingdom, and it would be four against one."

Zire hesitated a moment longer before running towards the source of the smell. They were careful not to land on any veins of Space as the ran. Aryn was closer to Mira and Jeni than they were; if they wanted to save the twins, they had to hurry.

Mira:

"I hope that reaches them," Jeni said quietly.

Mira swallowed and nodded. The wind had temporarily removed the smell of death mage from the air, but it had also brought their scent right to him. It had been a risk to take, but necessary. It also allowed her to rest. Since the smell of death had come near them, Mira had been fighting to keep conscious. Space kingdom was better than Death in that respect, but she was still struggling.

Jeni tugged at Mira's sleeve. "We should keep moving, try to put as much distance between us and that... man as possible."

Mira swallowed again and followed her sister.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

141 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 pm
Firestalker says...

*And that's bad?*

Zire

I ran behind Rose, trying to keep up with her pace. I knew i could do it easily but for some reason half of my mind was forcing me not to follow Rose. I kept following her though.

The hours past by, we were trying to catch up fast. If we were late then Mira and Jeni would most probably die. We could not let that happen, we would not!

I could feel the presence of Aryn increase by every step i took forwards. His dark, evil presence. To think that i was actually doing what he wanted me to do, i was going to where he was, i was falling into his trap.

Aryn

I had already reached them. They smelled... delicious, all that power, all those memories, all that knowledge of their kingdoms. I was going to kill them. I smiled.

The moment they saw me they stiffened. They were afraid, trying to act brave. I could feel their fear.

"Ready to die yet?" I asked as i seated myself on the ground.

For a moment they were taken by surprise, but they regained their minds almost instantaneously.

They did not speak directly, but they were speaking with each other.

The next moment i felt the ground below me shake and i was lifted off the ground by the wind. The wind mage had used her powers first. How cute.

And now it was my turn.

*sorry for being short.*
--

1272 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Nope. :D

And, your next post is going to be fun, isn't it?*

Rose

Rose skidded to a halt a few meters away from the scene before her. Aryn was turning in mid air, picked up by Jeni's gust of wind, darkness forming around him. Rose didn't wait for Zire to catch up with her. She sent a wall of light and ice to block the attack. Had she not used water, the darkness might have broken the shield. But her defense held. Barely.

Aryn slowly turned to face her, twisted smile on his face. "I see you've come to me. Saves me the trouble of going to you."

Rose took a breath and straightened her spine. When she opened her eyes again, Aryn was almost in front of her. She glared at him and pulled out her relic. He wouldn't sabotage her mind again. She had learned to control her fear during the tournaments. She was going to control her fear now.

"Confident Zire is going to save you again?" he said, voice full of charm. "You won't be so lucky this time."

Rose slashed through the darkness hand that had come perilously close to her chest. It stopped and pulled back at the touch of a relic. "Mind games won't work for you this time."

Aryn smiled. "We'll just have to see."

Mira

Mira felt her knees buckle at the presence of death around her. But this mage was using darkness, one of her most hated elements. She used that anger to fuel her power. She clenched her fists, feeling power rise up in her.

Jeni took a step back, looking at Rose and the death mage. "What are we going to do about him? He didn't even flinch at my attack! He didn't flinch at Rose's attack!"

Mira brought her hands up, ready to release her powers. "We give him everything we've got."

141 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:16 pm
Firestalker says...

*I seriously need to apologize for not posting sooner, i was busy critiquing a little here and there. Hehe, anyway back to the story*

Aryn

"You puny mage, do you really think you can defeat me?" I asked before materializing behind her.

"A valuable object you've got there" I whispered into her ear.

The Mage that had come with Zire slashed at me with her Crystal shard, I dodged easily.

"I have a secret to tell you" I continued dodging the futile efforts of the water mage to hurt me with her knives made of crystallized water "These crystal shards have a hidden power inside of them, it amplifies the power of the mage that carries it. But..." I paused to duck as she tried to cut my neck "...They are easily destroyed"

I stopped moving the moment I said this. The girl stabbed me with the water knife and, clearly surprised st being able to actually touch me, she looked up at me. I smiled menacingly before snatching the crystal shard that was still visible to me. I withdrew almost instantly to gaze at my prize, my wound healing slowly.

"I know you have more, but I have no use for this" I let go of the crystal and then stepped on it, reducing it to an array of sparkling dust.

The girl looked shocked, and so did the other two mages who had now decided to join the fight.

"And now the real fight begins" I shouted laughing menacingly.

I took a deep breath, calling for my powers to surface, that which had not been used in decades but not all, only a small fraction, a fraction was all I needed to defeat them.

Darkness started to surround me. I was becoming one with darkness, but not death nor space... not yet. My clothes started to flutter as gravity reversed itself and my clothes and hair became weightless. Ripples of dark water like substances radiated from where I stood. I took a step forward and the ground cracked under me. My eyes were black, i was one with darkness. I started laughing, a cruel eye-piercing laugh that made the mages flinch in agony. I started walking towards them, darkness radiating around me as water does when a stone is dropped into it. (Hope my explanations are correct)

They did not give up hope though, they started to fight drawing their powers themselves, a fair amount of power indeed. If I had not released myself into the forbidden arts they would have had a fair match where the loser could only have been chosen by luck and not by skill.

But fate had its turn and now I was more powerful, but it would still be interesting to fight them. And so I let them attack. It was the Water mage that attacked first, I had already anticipated her move before she had made it, her stance hinted to her attack. She summoned her powers and willed a wave of water to form and engulf me as it neared me, towering high above me rapidly gaining speed.

I stood there watching the wave come closer by the passing second, just as the water neared my body I let the darkness in my split me into atoms, enabling me to enter the earth, unharmed by the water, only slightly wet. I come out of the earth gracefully at the other side and continued advancing towards them. She did not stop though, this time willing hundreds of spikes made if ice to shoot towards me. I stopped the spikes in mid air by engulfing them in my flames of darkness, absorbing any and all energy I could get from it.

And then I had made it, I was a few feet away from them and so I started my attack. I rushed forwards like a black tornado, my whole body had become stronger, faster and longer, it was due to the darkness surrounding me. My hands found themselves on the neck of the young mage that had so bravely fought this long, the water mage. Before I could break her puny bones a radiant light blinded me and reduced my darkness for a second.

The life mage had used light, how sweet. Not as powerful as a true light mage, but powerful nonetheless. But I was fast and powerful too. I flung the struggling body of the Water mage towards the ground a few feet away and tuned to the other two mages. They were scared, I could sense their fear, and yet they fought bravely... or foolishly.

I was beside them in an instant. Smiling, grinning, my black eyes piercing their own. The Air mage attacked fist, sending a poweful gust of wind in my direction. This time I was ready, only the edges of my spreading darkness flickered at the gusts of wind, I was too strong. I made a large sword materialize out of darkness and plunged it towards the air mage, but it she was saved by her twin, the Life mage. I started laughing again and tried to attack again, but a familiar feeling came over me, a ticklish feeling that paralyzed me for a moment.

Pain?

I had long forgotten how it felt and was surprised as well as thankful to have felt it again, I thrive on pain.

I looked to where the feeling was coming from, my chest. I smiled at the sight. Several icy spikes protruded out from my body. Black liquid flowed out of the wounds slowly. The Spikes that had originally been larger had been reduced in size due to the lethal darkness that surrounded my, but she had known this and had made the spikes extra large and hard. I started to laugh or screech again happily.

The spikes started to dissolve soon, they had done their job and the Water mage had ended her command over them.

"You hurt me" I said turning around, I was happy but angry at the same time.

"You hurt me and so I will let you Die a horrible and painful death" I laughed menacingly "Let us put to the test what you said about your mind being... invulnerable"

Before she could do anything I materialized behind her and placed my hand on the sides of her temple. The darkness on my hands spread onto her head until it was completely covered. She would be unable to move now, the darkness would torture her mentally, showing her imagaes of things she had always feared and never dreamed of seeing, it would make her mind her worst enemy and kill her... eventually.

I looked back at the twins that had now once again risen to fight and seemed worried of what I had done to their friend. I resumed walking towards them, letting the now powerless body of the Water mage fall onto the ground.

Zire

I was watching from behind a large stone like object. Alone. Afraid. A coward. I did not want to have to do anything with Aryn anymore, despite what Rose said. I did not want to risk my almost perfect life. I could feel Aryns power growing, I knew that they would have no chance against him, if I had been there, maybe, with all our powers combined we may have had a chance, but now they did not and I would not either. I stopped watching the fight and lay with my back against the rock like object.

He could not die in that form, he was one with darkness, one had only to remove his darkness and he would be instantly vulnerable, but it was easier said than done. And even when his surrounding darkness was removed he would still have his powers. It was only possible to beat him for the time being, to buy more time to escape.

I could not bare letting the women fight alone, they were my friends after all, I had never had a true felt... except for Aryn, but that had ended in catastrophe. They were my true friends, they would risk their lives to protect me, they would console me and help me when in need.

What am I doing?

I was their friend too. Friendship was a two way connection after all, one gives and receives.

What was I giving?

The answer stared at me clearly.

Nothing

You are worthless if you do not help those who need you know, Aryn or no Aryn, they are still your friends

I sighed, I was voluntarily giving my hand to death and pain. And yet if I did not I would not be able to live a free life, my conscious would haunt me for the rest of my miserable life.

I stood up and looked at the the fight. My eyes widened in horror. Rose's head. It was engulfed in darkness, one of Aryns tricks, if I did not get to her soon she would either die or go insane with pain. I ran towards her, I was her only hope now, the only person other than Aryn who could remove the horrible curse. I got to her, but from the way her body shook and sweated I knew that the curse had already started. I only hoped it was not too late and that Aryn did not sense me.

*MWAHAHAHA, Like it huh huh? Sorry if i hurt the characters too much, i thought they needed a dose of pain :P . Is my post okay? I hope its good enough for an apology...*
--

1272 Reviews

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Thanks for the review! :P*

Rose-

Rose saw Mira and Jeni failing. She had no time to lose if she was even going to make a dent in him. Slowly, then quickly, she built her powers to create ice spikes larger than she had ever created before. In one swift movement, she had sent them towards Aryn. She only hoped it was enough.

After a few moments, a few moments too long in Rose's opinion, Aryn turned to face her.

"You hurt me," he said slowly.

Rose paused for a moment. Had she really done it? Had she really managed to hurt a mage while he was using the forbidden arts? A master, at that?

"You hurt me and so I will let you Die a horrible and painful death." Aryn laughed, sending a chill through her spine. "Let us put to the test what you said about your mind being... invulnerable"

Rose didn't have time to move before Aryn was behind her. He placed a hand on her temple and darkness began to claim her mind.

No...

Her memories began to unravel and Rose lost herself with them. Going backwards, she saw Aryn attacking her, being at Zire's mercy, the fire mage, the Tournaments. Each situation ended horribly. She could no longer remember what the true outcome had been. Was this death? Was she seeing every time she had been killed? Rose struggled to remember through the pain and fear. People killed in the death kingdom never truly died. Did their memories stay with them? Rose found sweat breaking out between her shoulder blades as she saw the last match in the Tournament. She had been frozen, both literally and figuratively. She tried to use her powers but they evaded her, and fear was the only thing she could remember. Rose found herself unable to cry, unable to move. She shivered, trying to escape the scenes in front of her. Fear only raged more, and Rose found herself beginning to lose all traces of her personality. Her life.

Please, no...

The fear and darkness suddenly seemed to stop, then, mercifully, lifted. Rose found herself on the ground, fierce wind blowing over her body. She shivered and curled up. She could move.

"Rose!" somebody whispered in her ear. For a moment, Rose couldn't remember the voice or the name. She shuddered when memory returned to her.

"Rose!" Zire whispered, more urgently this time. Rose opened her eyes and twisted to look at him. He let out a quiet sigh. Before she could say anything, he pointed just a few meters away. Aryn was still there, battling a much-weaker Jeni and Mira.

At the sight of Aryn, Rose's eyes widened. She closed her eyes a moment and forced herself to swallow. Anger replaced her fear. He would pay.

Zire got up and ran a little away from her, about to engage Aryn. Rose was slow to stand up, still shaky from that attack. Small stabs of pain still coursed through her body, only adding to her anger. She reached down for her water power, only to stop when she heard a yell. Zire was locked in battle with Aryn, now taking the full force of Aryn's attack. Jeni and Mira were still weakened, and there was no time to waste. Rose needed something stronger than water, and she needed it now.

Fire.

It was almost like courting death should she use fire. Even with the Crystal, she would still be using the power. Taking a chance, Rose called the Crystal dust to her hand. Almost instantly she felt white-hot pain in her arm. But she wouldn't let that deter her. She called fire to her hand and sent it at Aryn with all her strength.

The fire hit Aryn's darkness shield and, surprisingly, continued. Rose didn't stop her attack, only intensified it. Aryn was weakening, and his stifled cry of pain was proof. Rose wasn't sure how she heard it, but in her mind she knew he was loosing. She shifted her attack to Light, planing to finish him off. After only a moment, Aryn was gone.

Rose stopped the attack and shakily put the Crystal dust in a small pouch. That might come in handy again. Her hand, amazingly, wasn't badly burned. She only had a red mark where the Crystal dust had settled.

She looked up to see Zire removing darkness attacks from Jeni and Mira. Rose trotted over to her friends, surprised at still being able to move.

"What now?"

Mira-

It was a moment before Mira understood the question. She shuddered as Zire took away a film of darkness from her torso, almost too weary to bother speaking.

"I say we find a place to rest," Jeni said. She'd had a slightly longer time to recover, since Zire had helped her first. "If he's gone for now, then we should keep moving."

Zire nodded in agreement, as did Mira. Once the film of darkness was removed, Mira looked up at Rose. There was something wrong, Mira could tell, and it must have something to do with Aryn attacking Rose. But, at the moment, Mira was too tired to put anything together.

Rose kneeled down and put her hand on the ground. After a few moments, she stood and pointed towards the East. "There's a well hidden cave a short walk away there."

Mira stood and almost collapsed. Zire caught her and let her lean against him. Rose helped Jeni up and slung Jeni's arm around Rose's shoulders. The group headed out towards the cave.

*Okay, so, that was a lot. :P Rose has gone slightly insane from her time under the curse, and she'll sometimes get a bit power-hungry for the next while. For how long, I'm not sure, haha. What Rose ended up doing was kinda like what Murtagh did to Durza, when he hit Durza between the eyes with an arrow. I figured they needed some time to gather more shards. :P Also, just a side-note, Rose will probably go very scared after just a few hours. Almost slip back under the curse scared. Zire could help, but Jeni might do more good. Since Life and Water are somewhat closely related*

141 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:11 am
Firestalker says...

Zire

It was not that i did not trust Rose but it was very rare to recover from Aryn's Curse so soon.

I kept asking the question "Are you okay?" again and again until she got so annoyed that she almost attacked me. Jeni and Mira stopped her.

Rose seemed different, more towards the side of... evil. She did not speak much and preferred to gaze at a crystal shard as she walked forward slowly beside us. Her eyes sparkled from time to time as she turned the crystal shard playfully. Was Aryn controlling her in some way? OR was she still under the curse? Or more likely was I overreacting?

I tried to get to Mira or Jeni but they too were still shocked and tired after the fight.

I should have spoke to them when they needed our help to walk. I thought as I too moved on.

"May I have the crystal shard?" I asked suddenly.

Rose stopped moving, not taking her eyes off the crystal shard, still rotating it playfully with her fingers.

"Maybe later" She replied walking on again.

I now knew that there was something wrong with Rose. She wasn't the Rose we used to know anymore. If she did fall into the curse again by any chance, I had Jeni help me to heal her, and this time for good. That is if the curse was still in Rose.

Aryn

My ashes started to merge together, atoms forming my complex body. Once in place the ashes started to heal, becoming flesh, bones and blood again. It was as if the process of burning was reversing.

She had caught me off guard. Again.

What was it with me? why do I keep forgetting her and ultimately fail to realize her full potential?

I smiled though. My curse had been broken and it could have been done so by only one person. Zire had broken it. I smiled again. My curse had and yet my seed was just beginning. The seed of greed had been placed in the Water mage's head. She would want more power, like Zire had once wanted. She would become my apprentice, like Zire had become. She would assume that she was more powerful than me then, like Zire had. And then she would kill me, as Zire had, thinking that killing me was possible. Foolish mages. I was the very essence of Death and or Darkness. How could they kill me? And of course, I was Insane!
--

1272 Reviews

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 am
Rosendorn says...

Rose-

Once they'd reached the cave, Rose helped Jeni sit down. Zire did the same for Mira. As soon as he was finished, he extended a hand towards Rose.

"The Crystal," he said, beckoning with his fingers. "All of it. Now."

Rose glared at him. "What is with you, Zire? You've been bothering me non-stop."

He went up to her and wrenched the Crystal shard from her hand. "You recovered from a curse surprisingly quickly. Of course I'm going to be after you."

"A curse?" Rose whispered. She put her hand to her forehead, the fear from her time in blackness returning. A hand was placed on her shoulder, snapping her out of it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Zire asked again.

"I'm fine!" Rose snapped back. "Just... shaky. I used Fire, after all."

Zire stepped back and left her be. Rose managed to catch him muttering under his breath, "That's another reason to ask."

Rose ignored him and went a little away from her friends. She felt something rising up in her throat but swallowed it and controlled herself. A curse. She had been placed under a curse.

Mira-

Mira scooted over to Jeni with what was left of her strength. Jeni, somehow, had escaped exhaustion better than her sister. Even though Mira had often used more strength in her attacks, Jeni had used attacks more often.

"What do you think of Rose?" Mira whispered, quiet enough for only Jeni to hear.

Jeni shuddered. "A Water mage using Fire. I don't care how long she's been around the Crystal, that's still too much."

Mira nodded. "And... that blackness. What did Zire call it? A curse?"

"I've heard of it," Jeni whispered. She lowered her voice more. "It causes death or insanity if not broken in time."

Mira took in a breath. "You... you mean..."

Jeni nodded. "Rose might be insane."

Sometime after, everybody had gone to rest, simply hoping that Aryn would need time to lick his wounds before tracking them again. It was pitch-black outside when a shrill cry woke them all. The only one not sitting was Rose. Jeni quickly called a light into the cave. Rose was thrashing, like she was trapped in a nightmare. Sweat was beading on her forehead. It was only moments later that Zire was beside her. He touched her temple, only to have her cry out again.

"Jeni," he said, voice almost pleading. "I need your help."

*I'll let you have fun with that. :P (Rose crying out when Zire touched her was because she's currently afraid and very sensitive to darkness, having been exposed to it in the curse+ the cave. And please give these guys some time to recover before Aryn attacks again!)*

141 Reviews

Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 pm
Firestalker says...

*Oops hehe, long time no post :P*

Zire

I had awaited the shrill cry that awoke me. I had seen it in her eyes the moment she refused to give me the crystal. The eyes of a power hungry mage. It seemed that the curse had not yet been purified. Aryn had seemingly developed the curse when I was not with him. He had set a trap that would lure the mind into the dark abyss of power. She would be able to use the opposite element of her main element, fire. But this would greatly take a toll on her mentality and health. She would be lost to us forever, if we did not help her.

I stood up and ran to Rose. She was writhing on the ground as if something was eating her from the inside of her body. I placed my index finger on her forehead slowly, careful not to touch any other part of her constantly moving body. The moment my finger touched her smooth, sweating skin she stopped moving for a fraction of a second and then started writhing again, must faster than before in a more agonizing manner.

I stepped back frowning, the curse had repelled his element, darkness. She needed to be save now, I started panicking. If darkness would not help repel the curse then Aryn must have changed the curse considerably.

If I only could use light, I could have easily repelled the curse but...

I stopped moving. Jeni could use light. She could help me get rid of this curse.

"Jeni," I called hurriedly. "I need your help."

The twins were beside me before I could turn back to Rose. As I was, they were concerned about Rose too.

"Keep your hand on her forehead" I shouted, attempting to be heard above the cries of Rose.

I succeeded in being heard and Jeni immediately did as I was told. Without wasting any more time I kept Rose's head under my arms and ordered Jeni to concentrate light onto her hands .*Hope that makes sense* She did so and the darkness in her head instantly flowed out of her head and into my hands, moving into a new medium.

Rose stopped moving and I collapsed back, taking my hands off her head and breathing deeply, fighting off the darkness that was attempting to kill me. I succeeded, fortunately and looked back at Rose. She was asleep, resting, not knowing that the evil that had inhabited her had taken control over her again. And yet a doubt had formed in my mind. I did not doubt that the Curse had made her writhe in agony, but i did doubt of the curse was what had made her refuse to give the crystal back to me.

I looked at Jeni and Mira, they were relieved that Rose had finally gone back to sleep.

"Lets get some sleep" I whispered barely audible to them.

They nodded and slowly, reluctant to leave Rose's side, walked towards where they had originally slept.

Aryn

So Zire had managed to rid the girl of the Curse. And yet my plan was just beginning. Would the girl fall into the trap that awaited her in the deepest depths of her mind, or would she stick with her friends?

*Just a note, sorry for the sloppy post, I'm a little sleepy :P. Also What Aryn means is that he had left a seed of desire in Rose's mind. If she gave into the desire of power, she would be able to use Fire again and again, but at the cost of her mentality(She would kinda go against everything she knew before). If she does not give in to the desire, well then the story goes on normally :P Hope my idea is okay?*
--

1272 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Well, that was a bit longer than I anticipated. Had some stuff come up in life that made it hard for me to write*

Mira-

Mira was slow to wake up. Interrupted sleep and worry about Rose had eaten away at any rest she might have gotten. When she did wake up, she saw Zire watching over Rose as Rose continued to sleep. The light filtering in from the cave was just enough to say it was morning. Jeni was still asleep, defeating the curse having tired her out. Mira lay back down, deciding that more rest after almost non-stop battling was a good idea.

Rose-

Rose stirred, her whole body feeling heavy. She groaned softly and turned her head to the side. A hand went on her shoulder, and she opened her eyes to Zire leaning over her.

"What--" Rose rubbed her forehead, feeling a film of sweat under her hands. "What happened?"

Zire looked shocked for a moment. "You don't remember?"

She closed her eyes and shook her head. "I-- I last remember fear. And blackness. Everything after is a blank."

He helped her sit up, keeping a grip on her hand and shoulder. "Your memory should return soon. It'll take time for your mind to completely recover from the Curse."

It took a long time for Zire's words to sink in. She frowned and bent one of her legs up to her chest, trying to spur her mind by movement. Flashes of memory began to return. The heat of fire. The triumph of defeating Aryn. The draw the Crystal had had on her afterwards. Rose shuddered. That sheer, raw power was inside her. It might be possible to use again. But at what cost? Rose felt a fear creep into her mind again. She managed to push it back, but it took more strength than she expected.

After a few moments, she chuckled dryly. "I certainly hope not to do that again."

Zire stayed silent. Rose wondered just what he was thinking. Did he doubt her, now? Did he wonder if she could continue growing in her power, if she could continue with this mission? Rose didn't know the answer to those questions herself.

"Take the crystal," she said suddenly. "You can have it if you want."

*Again, sorry!*

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore