z

Young Writers Society

Runaway

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm
View Likes
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

"Prince Logan. I'm the son of the dragon king." He smiled.

Her eyes widened. Apparently his family was well known. She was impressed. He grinned and pulled Layton back to him.

"I'm also in love with your daughter." He said, looking into Layton's entrancing eyes.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 pm
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

"Oh that's great! So..." she nudged Layton with her elbow, "when's the wedding?" Layton turned ten shades of red and burried her head into Logan's chest. Caterina burst into melodious laughter and shook her head. "I'm kidding Layton, hunny." Layton peeked out and sighed, her face losing all its bright color. Caterina laughed, a devious look crossing her features. "So, what're naming the kids?"

"Mom!" Layton shouted in devastation, burrying her face back into Logan's chest.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:30 pm
View Likes

Logan smiled. Layton was so cute. "I would love to marry her as soon as possible. I don't know what we will call our kids, but it would be an honor to have children with her." He pulled Layton back into his arms and held her tightly. He loved her so much.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

23 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 pm
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Layton finally turned away from Logan's chest and leaned against him, a pout on her face. Caterina laughed lightly and smiled. "Well, it's good to see you're finally awake. You slept until late afternoon." Layton stared at Caterina in disbelief. Had she really slept that long? Her expression turned from shock to worry quickly. If Logan was only staying until dinner then she only had a little while with him. "Layton, take Logan out to the garden while your father and I discuss something with King..."

"Valos," Logan's father answered for her.

"Yes, King Valos." Layton nodded slowly and took Logan's hand in her own, leaning him out of the room and towards the castle doors.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:51 pm
View Likes

Logan smiled and let Layton lead him out, even though he knew his way around. "You okay?" He asked when they were away from everyone.

"Yeah, why?"

He grinned. "You seemed a bit...off." He teased. She hit his arm and he laughed.

"How long are you staying?" She asked.

He shrugged. "Until my dad wants to leave." He sighed. He didn't want to leave her. She loved her.

23 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:02 pm
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Tears pricked the back of Layton's eyes. She didn't want him to go. "I don't want you to go," she whimpered, feeling tears crawl their way down her face slowly once they were in the garden. Layton wrapped her arms around him tightly, never wanting to let go.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:09 pm
View Likes

Logan sighed and held her tightly as she cried. "It's not like I won't be back. I'm not leaving you forever. I'll be back for you, I promise. I love you, Layton. I'm not going to abandon you, I promise." He held her tightly in his arms, letting her tears soak his clothes, not caring who saw them.

23 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 pm
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

**Sorry... had to give my sis a while on the comp. If you don't mind I was thinking a skip to dinner, but if you don't want to just PM me and I'll delete it and write somethin' else**

Layton sighed and prodded the food before her with her fork, scrunching her nose in disgust as if jiggled. "Mother, what is this?" She asked, her hand latched together with Logan's.

"Hmm? Oh, it's some foreign dessert that your father made the chefs make. I've not a clue what it is," she smiled widely before returning to her conversation with King Valos. Layton sighed and pushed the dessert aside.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:29 am
View Likes

Logan chuckled and took a bite. He had never been one to be picky. he hadn't eaten too well as a serving boy. He would eat just about anything.

"When are you leaving?" her mother asked.

"Well...son?" his father redirected the question.

"If it's not an inconvience, we'll just spend the night and then all three of us will leave."

"Three?" Layton's father asked.

"Uh...yeah...Me, my father, and Layton."

"Layton isn't going anywhere."

Logan growled.

23 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:15 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Layton looked up quickly at her mother, whose shocked gaze was set on Broderick. "And, why isn't she?" Caterina demanded, rage flickering in her eyes.

"They're not married, so Layton doesn't go anywhere. She's still a Montfort until they're betrothal, which I'm not going to allow until Layton is seventeen." Broderick snapped angrily.

"Well she's turning seventeen next month, I'm sure you'll allow it then." Caterina seemed set on getting her youngest daughter married.

"I might... or I might not. Depends if they're will be another prince asking for her hand," he waved his large hand absently, his eyes alive with a new plan.

Last time I checked I thought it was my choice on who I marry or not. Layton growled mentally, her body tense. Her mother noticed the words written all over Layton's expression and sent her a sorrowful look.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 am

Logan growled. "Do you really want to get us angry?!" He was so mad. How dare he?!

"We have a treaty." The king smirked.

"You think that will save you?! How-" His dad stopped him.

"Son, don't be rude." His father was angry too though. He was furious that a king would directly ignore his son's threat.

Logan glared, then saw his father's eyes shimmer, grinning at him.

He was still mad. Both of them were. he held her hand tightly.

23 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:02 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

"Ah," Layton's father stood once dinner was over and all the dinner ware had been taken away, "That was a good meal, wasn't it Layton?" His eyes held nothing but anger and, yet, they held accomplishment.

"Yes, Father. It was." Layton growled through gritted teeth, only to have Logan squeeze her hand comfortingly. Her father cocked an eyebrow but waved his hand indifferently.

"Show these nice men to their room, will you?"

"Yes Father." She snarled angrily, standing up and pushing her chair in before leading King Valos to his room and stopping at Logan's door.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:13 am
View Likes

Logan looked at her. "Look...I saw my dad. if yours tries anything...well, he won't have a kingdom. We WILL get married. I love you Layton." He kissed her passionately. "Are you going to your room?" He asked, not wanting to say goodnight to her.

23 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:24 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Layton shook her head quickly and opened his door, walking to his bed and plopping down on the right side. She heard the door close as the candle in the room was blown out and felt the bed shift beside her. She crawled under the covers and scooted over to Logan, wrapping her arms around him tightly. She smiled lightly as she felt his arms snake around her waist and pull her to him. "I love you," she whispered gently, tears creeping from her eyes and dropping onto his shirt.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:26 am
View Likes

Logan looked at her painfully. He didn't like when she cried. He held her close and shushed her gently. "Sh...it's okay Layton. Everything will be fine. I love you too. It's going to be okay. My dad won't let this happen. He cares for me. He won't let this happen to us. I will marry you. I love you, Layton. I won't let your father do this."

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman