z

Young Writers Society

Runaway

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:39 am
Chupatoasta says...

Layton Paige Hawthorne. The sixteen year old daughter of King Broderick and Queen Caterina. If you were to set her next to her older sister you'd instantly pick out which one was the bearer of family beauty. Or at least, that's what Layton thought. Even though many men asked for her hand in marriage and many townspeople called her beatiful, she still wouldn't except it. She knew, that compared to her sister, Nina, she was nothing but a spec of dirt on the heel of her sister's shoe.

However, Layton didn't care what everyone thought about her. Whether it be good or bad. She hated living the royal life and wished that she could run, jump, and play around like a normal person. Sadly though, the only time she could do that was when she snuck out of the kingdom and actually could talk with her unhuman friends.

So, now we find Layton, mindlessly drawing at her desk, a small candle illumanating the paper before her. "Layton. Really darling, get to bed. Your father's having a dinner party tomorrow and you know what happens when you lack sleep." Layton's mother ran her fingers through her daughters dark hair lovingly. Ah yes. Another party where her father would try to get Layton and her sister to like some man from a far away kingdom and eventually get married. How Layton wished to be whisked away from it all. She knew she'd never meet 'the one'. Especially with her sister around. All Nina did was seduce a hot guy into having sex with her and the next day claim that she was raped.

"Okay mother," Layton sighed, "I'll head off as soon as I finish this darned candle." Layton licked her lips in concentration while she worked on the shading.

"That's my girl. Goodnight," with that her mother pecked her on the cheek and walked back out of her room, shutting the door back.

Once Layton had finished the drawing she blew the candle out and climbed into bed, unaware of the eyes that peered at her every move.
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Logan watched as the beautiful Princess Layton laid down to sleep. he had admired her from afar ever since they were little. He was just a year older than her...and they were almost friends once. there was just one problem: She was a princess and he was a her servant. Yup, that's right, her serving boy.

he sighed wistfully, and the next moment he was being whacked on the head. "What do you think you're doing, boy?!" One of the women servants shrieked quietly so as not to disturb the house. "Get back to work! This is not play time!"

he scrambled up. "Yes Ma'am." He replied as taught. with one more look at the girl of his dreams, he scurried off towards the kitchen to help prepare for tomorrow's festivities.

23 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:24 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Layton flipped over angrily, not able to sleep. No matter how hard she tried she just could slip into the wonderful dream realm. With a sigh she clambered out of bed and out of her room, walking down the hall in long strides. Had she not lived here for her entire life she would've been lost already, walking aimlessly through the corridor. Layton laughed at the thought of getting lost in her castle and continued walking.

She yawned widely as she approached the kitchen, which was surprisingly empty. Layton smiled and ran over to a pitcher of water, filling a wine glass and pivoting out of the kitchen. It was so peaceful when servants weren't at her feet. She hated to see kids younger that herself, or men and women older than her grandfather, working at her castle. It disgusted her that such a thing was allowed. Just last week a young child was hung for getting mud on her sisters party dress.

Lost in her thoughts, Layton didn't realize the boy that was scurrying down the hall, until they collided with one another.

79 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Logan was mad at first. Couldn't the other servants watch where they were going?! Then he looked to the side and almost died in shock. He scrambled up and helped the Princess to her feet. "I'm so sorry miss! I wasn't paying attention! Please forgive me!" Water soaked jher clothes. He grabbed a towel and started cleaning her off. "Let me help you."

He froze when she laughed. It was so melodious. His heart sped up and he just starred at her. "It's fine. It was my fault."

He nodded, his blue eyes shunning in awe and amazement. His black hair was wet and his muscles were visible through the wet thin shirt. "I'm sorry miss." He appologized again.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

23 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Layton caught herself staring and shook her head violently. "No, it was my fault," she laughed. "I should've watched where I was going. Sorry for getting you wet... Logan, right?" She smiled at him lightly, cocking her head to the side ever so slightly.

"Uh... Yes." He seemed to be in a slight disbelief that Layton even knew his name. "How did you..."

"I'm not like my family, well I'm royalty but not as pig-headed as them." Layton noticed that she had dropped the glass, shattering it. With a sigh she took the towel from Logan and squatted on the ground, drying up all the water. "But, I'm much more clumsy and seem to have my head stuck in the clouds most of the time." She gathered all the glass pieces and wrapped them in the towel, tying it off by all four angles. About the same time she realized she'd only been wearing a thin nightgown, that was now soaked. Layton blushed a deep scarlet and handed the towel full of glass to Logan. "If you don't mind, could you take this. Good night, Logan," she stepped around him and hurried to her room, changing into something dry and taking a seat as her desk once again.

Without realizing it, Layton fell asleep on the desk, dreaming, once again, of not being royal.

79 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 am

Logan woke up in the morning to a harsh voice in his ear. He groaned and dressed quickly, rushing to get whatever was needed ready. He wasn't bad looking, and a lot of the maids flirted with him all the time. He didn't really care. He only had eyes for the princess. He sighed as his thoughts kept picturing her in his mind...He wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her more. He was jostled harshly out of his thoughts as he was sent to take care of the guest list for the party.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

23 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"M'lady, your father requests that you get up. He says that you're not supposed to sleep past sunrise." An elderly maid poked Layton in the ribs, waking with a start. Layton got to her feet and yawned, walking over to her bed, where a light blue dress was laid out. "He also requested that you wear blue instead of red. He says it's to close in colour to your sister's pink dress." Layton rolled her eyes and shed her nightgown, pulling the dress over her head ungracefully. The maid laughed loudly as she walked out of the room, soon being tailed by Layton, who was pulling her hair into a low and messy bun.

"Ah... where's the guest list? I want to make sure my father didn't invite any repulsive princes," the maid turned and pointed down the corridor that led to the ballroom.

"One of the young men... Logan I believe, has it." Layton nodded in thanks and strode down the corridor, turning a couple corners until she finally came to the white ballroom. Many servants were working quickly and extremely hard, pulling decorations around the rafters, hanging the chandeliers, and some were even testing the food that had already been laid out.

Layton shook her head sadly and peered through the servants, seeing Logan almost automatically. She snuck over and looked past his shoulder, her head barely touching the suit he wore. "Yuck, father did invite those pig-headed princes," she frowned. Logan shot out of his chair with a shout and was across the room within seconds, leaving Layton to laugh lightly.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 am

Logan blushed profusely and went back over to the princess. "Goodmorning miss."

"Layton. I told you not to be so formal. It's Layton, not miss."

"Begining your pardon, but I could lose my job if I'm not respectful miss." He looked down into her beautiful eyes. She dazzled him. He couldn't even see any of the princes her father tried to set her up with deserving her. She needed someone who worshipped the ground she walked on. He sighed. "Was there anything else you'd like from me, miss?"

23 Reviews

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:00 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Realization ran over Layton like a thousand horses. She'd forgot what she wanted to ask him. "There was this one thing," she sat down in a huff and put her index finger to her lips, resting her elbow on her other hand and tapping her lips gently, "but I can't remem- Oh! That's it! No... no it's not. Crap." She slouched and held her head in her hands. "Argh! Why can't I- Oh yeah! Thank you for last night!" She smiled lightly and stood like up, a blush planted on her face for being such an idiot. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go father to my talk..." Layton widened her eyes as she backed away, "I mean... er... talk to my father!" She spun around and ran out of the ballroom like an idiot, tripping once but qucikly recovering herself and running down the corridor.

*short i know but i gotta go.. it is christmas afterall*
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Logan smiled. She had been cute. But then something dawned on him. She seemed nervous. did she like him? Or was he imagining things?

"Logan!"

He turned. "Yes Ma'am?"

"The King wants to see the list."

Logan nodded and headed towards the ball room. He stopped when he saw Layton's beautiful figure. He wanted to claim her...but he couldn't. he was a no one...a nothing. He sighed and went up to his highness. He bowed. "Your majesty." He handed him the list and waited.

23 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:50 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Layton ran behind her father's throne, almost falling due to lack of space to walk and peered over his shoulder. "Father I can't believe you invited him." Layton pointed to a name on the list, disgust laced in her words.

"Layton, Prince Solomon is a very polite young man. He's the perfect choice for a husband." King Broderick tried to persuade.

"Sure Father! If I want a pig-headed womanizer as my husband," She huffed and stared at her sister, who was smirking sadistically.

"I happen to enjoy Prince Solomon's presence. He's quite a man." Nina giggled lightly.

"Yeah between the sheets," murmured Layton. Broderick glared hard at her, her mother accompaning his harsh glare. Layton held up her hands and stepped away from the throne with a sigh. Nina sniffed loudly, making Layton swiftly look over. Nina was leaning against the wall, sobbing into her hands, their mother, Caterina, suddenly at her side, rubbing her back. Layton rolled her eyes angrily. It was fake.

"Layton, must you," Nina sniffed loudly, "Be so mean? I am your," another sniff, "elder sister. You should show me a bit of respect." Caterina was shushing the faker while Layton groaned, rolled her eyes, and stomped out of the throne room.

After walking a bit she leaned against the wall and pinched the bridge of her nose, her head tilted back. She hated her sister with a searing passion now.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:06 am

After Logan was dismissed, he was given a break. As he turned the corner, he saw Layton leaning against the wall. He felt bad for her.

"Miss, is there something bothering you?" He asked kindly. she looked up startled. He smiled. He really liked hr. and she had been really cute and flustered earlier. he hoped she would again.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked kindly.

23 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:24 am
Chupatoasta says...

Layton leaned back into her earlier, unphased, position and shook her head. "No... I'm fine, considering the fact that my sister belongs in a brothel instead of this place. I'm sure she'd be happier there anyway." She groaned and hit her head against the hard wall with a thud. A very young servant rounded the corner and slammed into Layton, knocking her to the ground. The ground and her seemed to be getting close lately. Yes, painfully close. Layton stood up with a thread of laughter and helped the young servant boy to his feet, noticing a crushed vase on the floor.

"Sorry miss! Oh I'm so sorry! Didn't see you there miss! Ah the vase! Oh no! Oh no! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" The boy continued to apologize until Layton knelt to his level and pressed her index finger to the youngster's lips.

"Shush now. It's fine. Really. Calm down." Within moments the boy was calm. "It's dangerous to run with such things, really." Layton picked up the crushed glass and set it in a pile next to her. "You should know better. Now, let me see your hands." He held his shaking hands out just long enough for Layton to rip the bottom of her dress and wrap the fabric around the boy's hands. "Okay, go tell Hilda, the head servant, that I'm going to give you the day off for saving me from my untimely demise with a falling vase. Okay?" A smile broke across the boy's face and he ran off to find Hilda. Layton stood back up and spun around to face Logan, who was surprisingly still standing there. "Was there anything you needed?" She smiled lightly, cocking her head to the side so her hair fell perfectly over the left side of her head.
George Bernard Shaw

79 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:36 am

Logan didn't want to leave...but he had no excuse to stay. "What you did for that little boy...it was very kind and considerate of you, miss." He liked the fact he was taller than her.

He watched as her cheeks brightened. "It was nothing."

"It meant the world to tht little boy." He smiled as an idea came into his head. it was stupid and foolish...but he didn't care. "In fact, I must thank you for him." He pulled her in his arms, glanced around, and then pressed his lips to hers gently, but firmly and passionately. He pulled away anf smiled. "Thank you." Ad then he started to walk away...

23 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:55 am
Chupatoasta says...

Did he just... and the... wait...? Layton glared at his retreating figure and ran after him, grabbing the cuff of his suit. He spun around and Layton grabbed him by the lapels on his suit, pressing her lips to his with a bit of force. A couple moments later she pulled away and took a breath, smiling widely. "I knew it!" Layton's breath caught in her throat and she slowly looked behind her, her eyes locking on Nina's. "You couldn't get a prince of your own so you settled on a poor servant boy? Really Layton, this is low, even for you," Nina slowly walked closer, giving Layton a little bit of time to hide Logan's identity.

"Logan, listen. I'll tell Hilda that you were sick and to the day off so you won't have to work tonight. The ball's a masked one so nobody will recongnize you. Please, please come! There's a simple black mask underneath the loose floorboard in my room. Promise me you'll come!" Layton looked back at Nina, whose smiled was getting more sadistic the closer she got. "Go! Hurry!" She pushed him off and spun around, eye to eye with Nina. She hadn't seen him, thank God.

"Hmm... How disappoiting. I could've sworn there was a servant boy right here." Nina tapped her chin. Layton just laughed loudly, trying to keep her voice from cracking.

"Me?! With a servant?! Get real Nina!"

"Well, it wouldn't surprise me if you were in love with one. I'd tell Father that's for sure, but I'd also have to tell him of all the times I've seen you sneak food to the youngsters that scurry around here like the filth they are." Layton brought her hand up angrily but yanked it over to her neck, making it seem as though she was scratching her neck.
George Bernard Shaw

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening