z

Young Writers Society

Love is So Unfair

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:51 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa was so happy, she bit the inside of her lip as he wrapped her arm around her shoulders and she leaned into him. She felt safe under his arm and tucked close to him. Cale walked over, his eyes were mad, but his face didn't show it.

"Where'd you two go?" He asked.

"Hey, Cale, come dance." A girl said walking over and grabbing his arm. Pippa didn't know who she was, but she led him off without him fighting to bad. That was close. She sighed inside her head. She couldn't lie. She was having so much fun she didn't want to ruin it. She was tempted to pull him back out of site and kiss him again, it had been amazing.

*That help?*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 am
Alice says...

Colt kept her tucked under his arm, hoping to keep Brent away. He felt so powerful with her like that. He was on top of the world.

Cale couldn't believe what he had seen, he had kissed her! He barely paid attention to the girl he was dancing with. He was too angry.

"You look upset, what's the matter?" her small voice distracted him.

"Oh...nothing." He was surprised on how well her eyes caught him, he couldn't look away.

"Oh come on Cale, something's bothering you." Jessica was very good at reading people.

"I don't trust that Colt kid."

She looked over his shoulder, he could see the slightest hint of sadness in her eyes, and he could guess why. "I really like you Cale," she muttered.

He froze.

Brent was not happy, not at all. He was going to get back at Colt for this. He was not losing this bet. A plan twisted in his mind and he grinned. He'd go to her, tell her brazenly about the bet, and how horribly sorry he was and how he actually cared for her, and how Colt was just using her from the beginning. He'd win, he may not win her affection, but he'd have more of it than Colt.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Let's dance." Colt smiled down at her. She smiled and nodded as they started dancing to the slow song someone had put on. She leaned her head against his chest feeling competely safe and content. The night couldn't get any better in her opinion. It was just perfect. She sighed, this was what it was like to ahve someone that really cared about you. She didn't notice when teh song ended and he obviously didn't either cause they kept dancing.

Cale didn't know what to say, waht was he supposed to say. "Jessica, I like you too." He said. "But right now I'm more confussed then anything. I don't want you hurt." He said softly. He did like hre, but he was still trying ot figure out his other feelings, why was everything so complicated.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 am
Alice says...

Jessica smiled up at him, it was a sad but stubborn smile, "It's alright," she said, "I just wanted to let you know. That, and I also wanted to tell you that I'm not going to give up on you. I really care about you Cale, and if you ever need me, I'll be waiting."

Colt kept Pippa close for the rest of the night, grateful more than anything that he had her. He was tempted to tell her about the bet, but before he knew she was serious about him. But--oh he wasn't going to think about that now.

At one they put out the fire and everyone else went home. Colt told Pippa's sisters to pass on the message that she'd be helping clean up for a while, and wouldn't be home til later with Cale.

"Mind taking me home now?" she asked around three, "I'm about to fall over I'm so tired."

He slid his arm protectively around her waist, "okay. We're done anyways."

She smiled and leaned on him, "good."

Cale road in the front seat, and Pippa sprawled out in the back, she was sleeping. Every time Colt stopped he looked in the mirror and smiled. She was so beautiful.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

Cale looked at Colt. "YOu really like her don't you?" HE asked.

"Ya." Colt replied glancing back at her again. Cale sighed. He knew she liked him, alot.

"Alright, just listen up, and listen good. You dare hurt her, I swear I'll kill you. You even think about hurting her and I promise you'll regret it." Cale replied looking at Colt pointedly.

"What about you liking her?" Colt asked not looking at him.

"I know when I don't have a chance. YOu just remember what I said." Cale replied. sternly.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:30 am
Alice says...

Colt smiled at him, "I have no intention of ever hurting her."

Cale grimaced, "good."

aw man! I've run dry!
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

****Time skip to the next morning then. :P ****

Pippa did'nt know when she got home or how she got up to her room, but she woke up to the sun splashing across her face. She couldn't help but smile at the memories from the night before. She hummed as she walked downstairs and grabbed some breakfast then went out to the barn and started her chores. Her life was finally gettign better.

*I'm mean. :P *
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 am
View Likes
Alice says...

Colt's eyes sagged, and his heart ached and he felt like crawling into a hole and dying was a fantastic idea. He was a liar, a dirty, two faced, liar. He had to tell her the truth, today, and beg her to not hate him.

He quickly downed a cup of coffee and rushed to his car, the sooner, the better.

He had almost talked himself out of a panic when he pulled into her driveway, seeing Brent's car sent a whole new wave of panic over him. He ran to the barn just in time to hear Brent say "I'm so sorry Pippa, but...is there any way I can make all this up to you?"

oh no.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa couldn't be in a better mood, that was until she saw Brent outside in the barn. She walked by him ignoring him.

"Hey, hold up." He called walking after her and grabbing her arm.

"What do you want Brent?" She demanded.

"I gotta get something off my chest, ok? I mean honestly just give me a minute." He said. She crossed her arms and looked at him.

"You've two minutes." She replied glaring at him.

"Well." He rubbed his neck and looekd down. "You aren't going to like this."

"Spit it out." She growled. "Or go home."

"Fine, you see me and Colt had this bet." He started. Pippa's heart dropped to her stomach. She swallowed hard and fought to think the worst.

"What was it?" She said fighting to keep her voice normal.

"That whoever could sleep with you would win a good bit of money." He replied. She felt like her gut had a knife in it. That someone was twisting it. "I'm so sorry Pippa, but... is there any way I can make all this up to you?"

"You can get the hell off my property." She chocked out. She looked by him and saw Colt standing there his face pale.

"Pippa!" He said stepping forward.

"No! Both of you, LEAVE!" She whimpered turning around and taking off towards the back pasture.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 am
Alice says...

Colt wasn't about to let her go so easily, she ran and he chased after her. "I don't want to hear it Colt!" she screamed.

Colt realized where she was going, following her to Cale's house was a sure way to get himself in a fight. he wasn't in the mood today, he knew it was all a complete waste of time. Every punch Cale would lay on him would go completely undefended, he would willingly let himself be beaten-possibly to death-in the state he was in right now.

"Pippa please!" He called, "I can explain it all...Really I can! I made that bet before I knew you, before I knew--"

"Just because you didn't know me doesn't make it right!" She changed her direction, going instead into the woods just behind Cale's house. He remembered their conversation about the animals that lived in there, the possibility of mountain lions struck fear in his heart like he'd never known.

He tapped into a reserved power supply and sped up, he needed to keep her in sight. If he couldn't, he didn't know what would happen.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa kept running. She should've known. She wasn't allowed to be happy. She wasn't allowed a normal life. She ran as fast as she could to the small cave she had found a while back. She curled up in the blanket she had stashed there and started crying rocking back and forth. She whimpered as her mind started playing tricks on her making her senses remember COlt's arm around her and stuff. SHe bit her lower lip.

"It's not fair!" She whimpered holding her knees close. "I just wanted to be happy." The last part was a faint whisper as she leaned against the wall. Where are you when I need you daddy! She screamed in her head. She couldn't go to Cal cause he would say I told you so and she didn't want to hear that right now at all.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 am
View Likes
Alice says...

Colt had lost sight of her, "no!" he howled. Despite all logical reasoning he couldn't get the image of a mountain lion staring her down out of his head. "Pippa!" he shouted, "Pippa please! I love you!"

his last cry echoed through the woods with the power in his heart that he had put into it.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa whimpered when she heard him yell. She chocked back a sob as she heard what he yelled run through her head again.

"I love you!" Played over and over in her head.

"No! I'm just a bet, he can't." She whimpered as she curled up. She heard something moving and she looked up across the small bunch of trees seeing hte dark fur of an animal. it's head came up and she couldn't help but scream at the site of the big bear. It looked at her and hightailed it the other way.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:52 pm
View Likes
Alice says...

Pippa's scream pierced his heart, he listened for the sound again. It didn't occur. Instead of comforting him the silence frightened him. He chased after the noise.

He saw a bear running past him, panic hit him in the face and he toppled over backwards. "Oh jesus." But he didn't let the near incident slow him much longer, he ran with all the might he could muster. "PIPPA!"

Silence.

"Please! I can explain!"
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:55 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa shook fear racking her body keeping her from being able to make a sound. Even if she was mad as all get out at him she'd rather be with someone then by herself.

"Please, Pippa, just let me know you are ok! I saw that bear!" He yelled. She whimpered curled up.

"I'm ALIVE!" She yelled. "Just not fine." She whimpered to herself.
Want a Readers crit???

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James