z

Young Writers Society

Attraverso L'emarginato

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:34 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

**Forgive me in this post is long; you could call it the prologue. :lol: **

Ronar snarled, arching his neck angrily as he towered over a younger, smaller dragon. His amber eyes flashed dangerously, pupils narrowing to slits in his rage. No one had ever managed to enrage him so.

Your carelessness will ruin the clan, Travien! I cannot emphasize that!

Travien was still, motionless, as he stared at the clan patriarch. He was young, yes, and was nothing compared to the mighty, golden bull. He glanced at his own body; slight with only the normal bulk of natural muscle. Red scales had dapplings of dark brown and gold, giving him that shimmering appearance. It was technically a genetic disorder; dappling in a dragon was not necessarily standard. Ronar paced closer to Travien, soon standing over him. Travien was only half Ronar's size; it would be about four hundred years before they were even close to being the same size.

You disappoint me, Travien. I expected more from such an accomplished whelp... yet, this is what I see! A dragon willing to be near mortals, frolicking in plain sight, leading the fledgelings into peril, taking pride in bringing danger upon yourself! Mortals are not like us; we are natural enemies, and you are trying to show off to them! You will be killed!

I am not a show-off, Ronar, Travien hissed, standing taller. And I am not a monster like you!

Travien, you do not understand. We are a clan; we do things as a clan. No exceptions! And you are almost forty, almost an adult! When will you learn?

When you decide that, sometimes, changes are a good thing. I am trying to bring power to our clan, to put us at the top!

You will be our downfall!

If you'd give me a chance -

SiILENCE, Travien!

The two dragons stood only a mere breath apart, muzzles curled to reveal long fangs and teeth with serrated edges. Ronar was trembling in rage; Travien was firmly rooted.

Fine, then, Travien finally growled, a menacing sound. If you will not listen to reason, I challenge you.

The rest of the clan was tense; they had formed a loose circle around the duo, listening to everything. Most of them sided with Ronar; only the younger ones approved of Travien, but their opinions did not matter. They were still too young to be officially a voice in the clan.

Ronar's snarl deepened as he lowered himself to the ground, legs tense and ready for the outburst required to pounce. The challenge was on, and he would take it seriously. He would put Travien in his place, once and for all.

They attacked, and the duel for dominance began.

**By the way, Travien is our main male character. If you want, you can have your female witness the duel. (Ronar wins, by the way, by stunning Travien.) But, leave out the "becoming an outcast" part on your post. I'm going to do that, make it interesting. :D**
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:57 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

**The girl will be elf like. Lol**

Aurora was walking through the bright forest. It was wonderful! She loved the outdoors. Leaves always tended to get tangled in her red curly hair though. It was a mess! She didn't like her hair when everything became tangled in it.

The green forest was so bright and calming. She heard a noise from around the corner. Walking upon the scene, she saw dragons surounding some kind of comotion. Curious, she walked towards the croud, her hazel eyes sparkling. She saw two dragons going at each other and shuddered. Such might and power! She looked around. She felt like an outcast here. what if one of these monstrousities got hungry? Wouldn't she be their first target? But she was so entranced by the sight of the younger dragon, his scales shimmering in the sun, that she couldn't help but continue to watch.

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:37 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien was struggling; Ronar was older, larger, and stronger, while Travien was only younger and faster. He tended to avoid being struck many times, but when he was, it was dreadful. Ronar was winning.

Travien finally slipped and took a blow to the head. The force of the attack threw him onto the ground, stunning him. He panted, only able to look around wearily. He could feel the blood oozing from behind his eyeridge.

Ronar put that same paw on top of Travien's shoulder, raking the young dragon with his claws. You cannot take me, Travien. Give up and go back to your den.

He released him then, and turned toward a blue dragoness in the clan. He was going to join her as she left, but something drew his attention: a small figure in the shadows. He focused on it, sniffing the wind attentively. It smelled of the woods, of strange hides, and had its own musk. But he knew that musk. It was a human girl.

A roar parted his jaws as he took a few steps forward, arching his neck again. The girl started, screamed, and took off into the forest, away.

Damn it all! Look what you've done, Travien! Now the mortals know where we are!

Travien slowly got to his feet, and walked away. It was bound to happen anyway, with your loud mouth.

**Let's not let them meet just yet. I still have a little twist I'd like to add! :D**
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

79 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Aurora tried to catch her breath well out of sight of the dragon den. she had been so caught up in the action of the two dragons, that she had lost herself. Now her heatached as memories of her parents dying in the clutches of dragon claws flooded her senses. She sank to the green grassy forest floor and buried her head of red curls into her knees. Why was she so stupid? what was she even thinking? she had sworn that she would never go near a dragon again, but here she was, not far from a whole herd of them! She was frightened. she felt so alone since the death of her parents. She sat therre weeping, not caring who came along.

**Thought that that would b a good twist. don't you agree? =p)

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:10 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien stood on the ledge, looking out over the landscape. The sun was starting to set...

A small dragon flew over him, swooping down to land beside him. Her scales were a pale blue, with even paler streaks through her wings. She approached him easily, not radiating any kind of threat.

Travien? What are you doing out here, alone? she asked, tone gentle.

He looked up, meeting the young sow's gaze. Thinking. I needed to be alone.

Am I bothering you?

No. I'm actually glad you're here. He turned to her and nudged her. Sori had always been his closest companion, his only friend in the clan. Until the problems with Ronar, he had hoped to take her as his mate once they were older. I'm sorry I worried you.

You need to come back. Ronar will be livid if he finds you out here.

I'm not going back. I'm leaving.

She jumped, chirping. What do you mean? You can't leave! He'll kill you!

No he won't. He won't catch me.

But... Travien, I don't want you to go.

I have to, Sori. I don't belong here. I'm not welcome. And it's for the best; if I stay here any longer, I'll die in a duel.

Before Sori could protest again, Travien licked her on the top of her head, and then took off. He flew away, into the night, never to return to the clan.

**I'm not done yet. lol**

79 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:02 pm

**Well, I'm running out of ideas. Lol.**

Aurora saw the sun setting and decided night was not the best time to be out. She got up, her hair and clothes a horrible mess. Her makeup ran down her face from crying so hard. she walked back to her village.

"Hey look, it's the animal freak." one of the other girls called out. They enjoyed teasing her. It made them powerful somehow. They thought if they teased Aurora enough that it would make them look better in front of the other boys.

Aurora ignored Cameran, knowing she was just trying to get some kind of reaction out of her. Aurora stalked past towards her home.

"I'm talking to you freak!" the girl hissed.

Aurora growled. "Not today. Not unless you want mud in your face."

"You don't scare me." Cameran laughed.

Aurora quickly knocked her feet out from under her and pushed her face in the dirt. "Taste good?" she asked sarcastically before stalking off in disgust and hiding herself away inside her hut.

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:53 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

**Sorry. NOW I'm done! lol**

Travien only flew solo for a few minutes; Ronar soon caught up with him, followed by two other bulls and Sori. Time seemed to stop; all Travien knew was that he was flying one second, felt claws rip through his back, and he was crashing into the ground the next. He squealed in pain as he landed on his wing, snapping it.

Ronar slapped Travien again, opening the wound to his head even more. I should kill you, whelp! This is not acceptable!

You can't stop me. Take me back, and I'll leave again.

Ronar paused as the others shifted. Sori whined from behind them. You are that determined to get closer to mortals?

Yes. I am.

The older bull exhaled, staring at Travien's bloody form. Blood streamed from the slash on his back and the gash near his temple. His wing was bent at an ugly angle and bruising rapidly. Travien would not survive being a dragon, now that he was an outcast. Ronar's gaze softened before turning hard again; he would act like it was punishment, but it was actually for Travien's own good.

Fine then. I only have one to say to you, now. Ronar's eyes began to glow gold. Diventi umano. (Become human.)

Travien's mind went blank. All he knew was pain and this strange sensation, as if his body was warping, shifting. He let out a cry as his wing cracked ominously as it became his shoulder, but the cry was not draconic. He sounded human.

He collapsed, then, oblivious to Sori's wails and the dragons leaving him behind. Travien didn't even know he had gotten to his feet and began to stagger toward a collection of houses, bleeding and sore.

**Travien doesn't know he's mortal (an elf), yet. He's also delirious, so...yeah. lol By the way, he has kinda spiky red hair (like Sasuke Uchiha style) and reddish brown eyes. Have fun!**

79 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 am

Aurora heard squeals outside her hut. It was annoying! She wandered outside to a group of girls crowding around something. Aurora pushed them out of her way and gasped. Their lay themost handsome human boy she had ever seen. He was in critical condition though.

She shooed the girls away, knowing they would only make it worse. she pulled him inside as best as possible and looked at his ragged appearance. She could see claw marks on his back.

Hesitantly, she pulled off his shirt and layed him on his stomach, attending to the huge gashes. she had nothing better to do anyways. she started to make something to eat for when he woke up.

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:16 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien was only half conscious, half aware of his surroundings, but was too weak to respond. He felt gentle sensation on his back, tending to his wounds. It felt like nothing he'd ever known before, not the caress of a dragoness' tongue. But it was still gentle, relaxing...

Until that sensation turned firmed as it latched onto his shoulder, putting it in place. He yelped, eyes flying open as pain raced through his shoulder and back.

"Easy," a woman whispered, aloud. There was no voice in his head... "It's okay. Your shoulder was dislocated. You're okay now."

He panted, closing his eyes as everything seemed to spin. He tried to speak, but his mind wasn't connecting with anything. He didn't even remember how to do it... He cleared his throat, trying to speak from his mouth. But...how did you do that? He knew how to make sounds, like snarls and roars, but not words.

"How do you feel? Can you speak yet?"

He tried a word, but his voice croaked. He cleared his throat again, and tried speaking again. "May-be...don't...know...how...yet..."

"Don't know how? If you're not human, what are you?"

He hesitated then. He opened his eyes and saw something alarming. A woman, a human woman, was beside him, filling his vision. She was as large as Sori had been in his perspective, almost his size. And he was inside a strange cave. It was made of wood, and had shelves with peculiar instruments and tools laying around. He struggled to sit up, but winced when his back seared.

"Be still," the girl commanded, putting her hand against his lower back, where he wasn't injured. So that was what he had felt? Her hands. "Can you answer my question? What are you?"

He looked at her, terrified. What would she do? What would she say? Ronar had a point. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. He shook his head and tried to speak again. "A-fraid.... Afraid."

79 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:23 am

Aurora shook her head, curls bouncing on her face, leaves still tangled from earlier. "It's okay. i'm not going to hurt you. I was just trying to help. the other girls out there would probably have abused you even more." she said a bit bitterly.

She said and went up to get hot cloths. she gently laid them on his back, hoping thehot water would help soothe his wounds. She was drawn to his muscled chest. she shook her head. she wasn't normally this infatuated.

"Are you hungry?" she asked politely.

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien watched her for a moment, taking in her appearance. Red, curly hair that was tangled and had debris fell about her waist. She had a delicate figure, curves smooth and gentle. And her face...it was soft and caring, yet her eyes showed abuse.

He finally remembered what she asked him, and nodded. He was weak from the bloodloss, so perhaps food would help. He didn't know what to expect, though. He'd never even smelt human food, prepared like they liked it...

So, when she handed him a bowl of this soupy mixture, he timidly tasted it, watching her closely. It was hot on his tongue, but it felt good. And he liked the taste. It was...interesting.

"Th-thank y-you," he said after swallowing. He was starting to get the hang of things. He pointed at himself, at his chest. "Tra-vi-en. Travien."

79 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:09 am

Aurora smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aurora. Do you like the soup?"

She tried not to laugh. The way this boy talked was adorable. His body was gorgeous. She wanted to touch his abs...all those muscles! Her eyes sparkled with an inner fire. That's when the village girls decided to interupt.

"Hey freak, that boy doesn't want you. Let us tke care of him. You'll probably poison him anyways. You never could cook." Aurora could here the smirk in the girls voice even through the wall.

She felt like crying. Too many emotions today. Bad memories. Now she was going to have a metal breakdown. Her mother had been a superb chef...and she could literally burn water. "Go away!" she yelled.

"No need to get testy. Just give us the boy, freak, and we'll leave you alone. It's not like we want to hang out with you anyways."

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien growled, focusing his magic. He knew his expression hardened, because he saw Aurora look at him with confusion. He ignored it; he had to help her. She was being nice to him, and they were harassing her.

He thought the words for the spell as he cast it, his mind fixed on the main speaker. Scossa secondaria. (Minor shock.) He heard her squeal when a spark jumped off the wall and hit her on the shoulder. "What was that?!"

He felt around, seeking her mind. He could manage this... He finally locked minds with her, speaking directly into her head. Go away, wench. I can see your heart is not as kind as Aurora's, and it will be your downfall.

He smiled when he felt her withdraw rapidly, spooked by his tauntings. He could hear them running away, talking excitedly and fearfully about the encounter. He looked at Aurora, and his smile deepened.

"Did you do that? What did you do?" she asked, still bewildered.

"M-magic. You h-helped me, s-so I helped you."

79 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am

Aurora squealed and hugged him tightly. It was so sweet of him. Then she blushed.

"Sorry. No one's ever done something like that for me before." she growled. "Those girls only have one thing on their mind...it gets pretty annoying." She sighed wearily. She still wanted to cry. All those emotions from earlier were coming back. She bit my lip hard, trying to keep them from spilling out. She tried to smile, but felt tears prick her eyes.She felt so stupid. She never cried in front of people. She always did that when no one else was around. Maybe because he was being so nice to her. Or maybe because of the familiar enviroment. Whatever the reason, tears started flowing, sobs tore from her chest, and she just let it happen.

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:55 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Travien watched her curiously. What was she doing? He could tell she was sad, but about what? And what was that water falling from her eyes? He'd never seen anything like it before...

But she still needed someone; she needed to be comforted. He approached her gently, sitting beside her. He wasn't sure how to go about doing it, but wanted to give her support somehow. He finally settled with wrapping an arm around her shoulders and resting his head on top of hers.

"It's okay," he whispered as she cried. "I'm here now. It's okay."

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky