z

Young Writers Society

A Wolf's Howl

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:46 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

His name was Jarred, but everyone called him Jay. He was a friend to most, and trusted by many. To people of the town, he was a talented junior in high school, someone with a great future.

Jay was a part of the football team, on the Beta Club, and enrolled in JROTC. He had straight A's in his classes, and had a perfectly clean discipline record. He even had a girl on his mind, but she probably didn't know.

What most people didn't know was a terrible and dangerous secret: he was a part of a secret, wild, fabled society. He was a werewolf.

**All right, CJ. Let's have at it.**
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Her name was Julia. Her parents were high class people, thinking that their daughter would be the same: wearing sun dresses, getting manicures, not wanting to get dirty and wearing lots of makeup. Since their entire family was like that, they had no idea how she got the peronality that she did; she loved to play sports, go camping, and hated wearing make up, dresses and skirts.

Like Jarred, she had straight A's; she would've been in JROTC also, but her parents would've had a heart attack. Although she's seen Jarred in the hallways and occasionally said 'hello' while passing by, she hadn't really talked to him much.

**All I got right now. Hey, what's a Beta Club? :? **
Last edited by C.J. Mustang on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

**What, she doesn't have a name? Or do you need help? A Beta Club is a service organization, represented by only the most academically elite. At my school, you have to be at least in 9th grade and have an 85% GPA in honors classes (about a 3.0) and do at least 15 hours of service work. I'll post later. I'm kinda busy with an art request...I have to design my band's t-shirt for marching season!**
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:02 am
C.J. Mustang says...

**Crap! I forgot to put in a name!! See, while I was making the post, I couldn't figure out a name for her, so I was all like, 'I'll make one after I'm done', and I forgot to put it in!! :lol: My bad!**
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:34 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

*Lol, it's okay. That's cool. Jay and Julia. :lol: Of course, YOU have to give her a description yourself! I can't do it for you. :wink:**

Jay was on his way to the parking lot. School was out for the summer, and he was ready to get home. He was ready for the next months. He was walking along the hallways, as usual, laughing with and talking to his friends. That's when he saw her. Julia.

She was standing on the corner, talking to other people, smiling and being just as beautiful as ever. Jay lost focus of his friends as he compared her to himself: six foot three of sheer muscle, dark hair, and green eyes. He was technically a jock, and she was a tomboy.

"Jay, are you even listening?" Michael finally popped him on the arm. Michael was a sophomore, and only about five foot nine. But he would get taller, and broader...especially since he was part of the pack.

"Oh, yeah, man. Sorry," Jay stammered, eyes straying back to Julia.

"Julia. Should'a known! Look, if you're so interested in her, ask her out!"

That was the problem: Jay wanted to but didn't know how or when. He sighed as he shook his head and walked past. "Later. I don't feel ready."
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

38 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:06 am
C.J. Mustang says...

"Julia! Oh my gosh, look who's staring at you!" squealed Becky.

Julia turned to where Becky was looking and saw a guy named Jay staring at her. "Really? He's staring at me?"

"Well, yeah, he's practically drooling over you!"

Julia didn't know why he would be looking at her the way he did. He was tall with good looks and muscles; she was only 5'2", with hazel eyes and dirty blonde hair. She wasn't at all like the other girls she hung out with which she knew were way hotter than her, with their straightened hair, short skirts an tight shirts. She wore T-shirts every once and awhile and baggy pants practically all the time; the other girls tried convincing her to wear cuter outfits, but Julia always kept to the more comfortable clothing.

Jay was nudged by his friend and they went on their way, walking past them. Julia blushed and put her head down. She didn't usually act like this with her other guy friends who liked to hit on her; she just punched them in the gut and moved on. Suddenly, a red porche pulled up next to them.

"Julia, dear!" her mother cried from the front passanger seat. She had rolled down the window, and inside Julia could see her father in the drivers seat. "I made an appointment for us to get our nails done, and I bought you a lovely dress! Lets go!"

Julia's face flushed. "No, mom. It's okay. I'm good." She stole a glance at Jay and saw him staring at her again. She put her hand to her head. "You go on without me, mom. I'm gonna hang with my friends here."

Julia's mom pouted. "Okay, if you really want to miss out." And they drove away.

"Aww, Julia, why didn't you go? It sounded like so much fun!" complained Becky.

"I'm not into that stuff. It's horrible and it'll give me nightmares for a week."
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:21 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay watched Julia blow off her mother; how much guts that must have taken! He smiled as he was even more entranced by the girl. She was nothing like anyone else, that was certain, and he liked it.

He sighed finally and pat the hood of Michael's jacked-up, red pick-up. "Catch you later."

"What - where you going? The races start in an hour!"

"I'll be there, but I gotta do something. I'll be there!"

Before Michael could protest any more, Jay ran across the lot, to where the girls were. Now was his chance. Now was his prime opportunity. He came up beside Julia and her friend - Becky, wasn't it? - and smiled.

"Hello, ladies," he let his voice growl; it was one of his many ways to charm girls. Becky almost melted before his eyes, and Julia acted shy. "How're you?"

"We're great, Jay!" Becky cooed, but he ignored her. He turned to Julia.

"What are you up to, today?"

"Nothing, I guess. Why?"

"Wanna go to the races?"

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:22 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

**BTW, the races are car races on a dirt track about the size of a football field.**

38 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julias' eyes lit up. "I would love to go to the races!" she said, totally forgetting her shyness.

"Just wait one moment, Jay," said Becky. She batted her eyelashes at him, turning Julia in the opposite direction. They walked about a foot away when Becky whispered, "You're seriously going to the races looking like that? Jarred, one of the most hottest guys in school, just asked you on a date to go to the races, and your going in baggy pants and that shirt? Well, the shirt's fine, it's cute, probably the only tasteful thing you have in your closet, but you really need to change out of those pants."

Julia sighed. "It's a dirt track. Everyone will practically be covered in it; and anyways, I look fine, and it's not a date. You know what, sometimes I think you got lost at birth and my parents couldn't find you so they took me instead. You're so much like them it's unreal."

A little ways away Jay stood, watching the girls talk. He ran a hand through his hair, glancing over at the other girls that Julia was hanging out with. They were staring at him in a flirty kind of way. He thought he'd tease them by giving them a sidelong smile and waving, hooking his thumbs in his side belt loops. Some of the girls giggled and squealed a little; chattering amongst themselves. The playful flirting meant nothing to him; his only interest was Julia, who was coming back towards him after her and her friends private little conversation.

"Sorry about that," Julia said. "When do the races start?"

"About an hour," Jay replied. "It takes a half hour to get there from here."

"Okay. We should probably get going if we want to get good seats. I'll see you guys later."

"Okay. Have fun," said Becky, clearly upset at Julia. She made no effort to hide it.

"Bye Jay!" all the girls said at once.

They walked across the parking lot to where Micheal was still waiting. "Yo, Micheal, I thought you were going to the races already?" asked Jay, opening the passenger door.

"Yeah, I was going to, but realized that I was your ride! So, Julia, you comin' with us?"

"No, I just decided to come over to say 'hello' just as you were heading out," she said, smiling. For some reason she felt oddly comfortable with Micheal right now, even though she hadn't talked to him much. Jarred was a different story; he didn't make her feel uncomfortable, just gave her an odd feeling--a good kind of odd feeling, like having butterflies in her stomach.

"Hey, she's got a sense of humor! I like that. Julia, you and I will get along really well. You can sit in the middle," Micheal said, patting the seat next to him. He put the key in the ignition and started the truck.

Julia reached for the handle in the door and the side of the truck, placing her foot on the floor of the cab.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay was very aware of Julia, sitting between him and Michael, who was driving. He was conscious of how small she was compared to him, how delicate her features were, how open and relaxed she felt around them, people she could actually relate to.

"Ever been to the races?" he asked Julia.

"No," she answered, a little embarrassed by the fact. "My parents want me to be 'a lady,' but that's not happening!"

They all laughed at that. She was not your average female teenager, that was certain. Everyone else Jay had brought to the races had been worried about nothing but their hair, their clothes, their makeup, and what they would find at the mall that weekend. The concepts annoyed him.

"You're gonna love 'em, chick! They're cool, they're fun to watch, and you make all sorts of friends!" Michael threw in as they turned onto a narrow country road.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Jay explained. "This is the only track around, so people from the local towns - even as far as Luverne, which is an hour away - come here to race, to watch them, and to hang out. But, enough said, there's more to it. Much more."

"Like what?"

"You'll have to see." He left her hanging with only a smile. Fifteen more minutes would give them time to know each other more, then they would be there, ready for the races.

38 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 am
C.J. Mustang says...

"So, what do you usually do in your spare time?" Jay asked Julia.

"Well, I like to go camping, and play volleyball, and read sometimes. I also like to draw every once and awhile, too."

"Really? What do you draw?" Micheal asked.

"I usually prefer drawing animals; mainly wolves. Their so beautiful, strong, intelligent. You can see a lot just by looking into their eyes."

Micheal and Jay looked at each other.

"What do you like to do, Jay?" Julia asked.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:14 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay grinned as Michael shot him a warning glance only Jay could notice. He spoke anyway. "I spend a lot of time in the woods and with my friends. Just running around, enjoying nature and life."

"That's cool," Julia nodded. "You said you just run around? Is that really all you do?"

"Of course not. We hunt, we hike, we have 'games' you can only play while in the woods."

"Like what?"

"Survival games. Obstacle courses, puzzles, tracking, land navigation. You get the idea. But what makes it the best is when you get out there during the full moon, when the whole world is lit up and silver. It's great, then!"

Julia's eyes widened. Jay smiled as Michael gaped at him. Jay understood the expression: what the hell are you doing? Are you trying to tell her our secret? You know what will happen if we do!

Jay made his own expression. I know what I'm doing.

In that moment, they pulled into the race track's parking lot. About a hundred cars were already there, and another hundred was pulling in. The stands were starting to fill up as people settled down with nachos, hot dogs, cokes or beer, and their family and friends. There were four cars on the track, making warm-up laps and checking out the competition. Thirty more cars were off the field, in the garages, getting ready. Dust was blowing up everywhere.

"What do you think?" Michael asked Julia, elbowing Jay forcefully while her back was still turned.

38 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 am
C.J. Mustang says...

"It's awesome!" Julia exclaimed. "Y'know, I'd never actually been to one of these; I'd just watched them on TV or listened on the radio. This rocks! So, where do you want to sit?"

*Sorry, sorry! All I have right now. I haven't exactly gotten back in the flow of things here. :oops: :lol: *

164 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

** :lol: It's okay. I understand the feeling, myself. lol

I'll try and post later. I had a concussion all week last week and ROTC Practice just about killed me...lol**

164 Reviews

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:20 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay smiled at Julia. He was glad she liked it. But she had a good question: where would they sit? The stands were filling up rapidly, and more cars were pulling in. Jay and Mike exchanged glances as their gazes seemed to settle on a wide, old, twisted magnolia just a few feet away. It was an easy climb that offered great views.

Jay looked at Julia. "Do you care to climb into a tree? We'll help you get up there, you know."

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah