z

Young Writers Society

The Mystic Beast Of The North

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:57 am
Shady says...

He growled and pulled away from her, baring his teeth. Everything within him wanted to attack. Well. His instincts did. But he managed to stop himself. Barely. Hopefully he would switch soon.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:59 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she stayed in the same spot and silently sat there, her hands in her lap and laid back onto the den floor, sighing, she looked at her wrapped hand, purely out of boredom and stayed quiet, she looked over at him and her eyes narrowed slightly

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:12 am
Shady says...

He began pacing, agitated, and clawing at his neck. Tufts of fur fell out and landed on the ground. His body began to shrink and his features were beginning to get more humanoid.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:14 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she sat up and kept looking at him, amazed by the sudden transformation of his and she smiled "believe me now?"

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:34 am
Shady says...

He gave one final growl, then collapsed flat on his face on the ground as he finally shifted the rest of the way. He felt so disoriented and agitated and—

“Close your eyes!” He furrowed his brow at her and scrambled to cover himself and get dressed. Gods she was pushy.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:43 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked away, staying quiet and looked at her bandaged hand and cursed quietly as she stood up, walking out of the den and over to her things "my hand won't heal like this and its starting to hurt.." she mumbled to herself, she grabbed some fresh gauze, unwrapped her hand in hopes he didn't see her injury and started to wrap it

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:45 am
Shady says...

He got dressed quickly, feeling unsettled. And angry. Why was she here? “…Did I do that?”

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:51 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she jumped slightly, she couldn't tell him the truth because that'll just make him more distant "no, a bear did when i was hunting it for you..." she finished wrapping her hand and felt guilty for lying but it was for the best if shes gonna try and help him...its the best she could do in order to keep him from worrying anymore about hurting her when hes in his beastly form

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:58 am
Shady says...

He narrowed his eyes. Was she lying? He couldn’t tell. But even if she wasn’t, she’d still gotten hurt because of her involvement with him. “…You shouldn’t be here.”

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:00 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"you seemed well in control when i was around, when i mentioned leaving for town for a few days you got more agitated then you were when i was around, as i said before, i'm here to help, i don't give up easily no matter how dangerous the mission is and you even let me sit next to you when you were eating, some improvement indeed.." she smiled softly

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:06 am
Shady says...

He sighed and sat back heavily, rubbing his face and leaning against the wall. “I wasn’t. My every instinct was screaming to hurt you — especially near the end. We’re both lucky I managed to resist. We might not get lucky again the next time.”

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:09 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"well, i'm not leaving anytime soon, its gonna be a long process, yes, but i don't mind that" she winced when she was grabbing for her book at the sudden shot of pain through her arm but as long as he didn't see the injury, it should be fine to keep him from realizing anything "as long as i'm here you'll get better sleep as you did when you took that long nap of yours"

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:11 am
Shady says...

He sighed in frustration. “It’s. Not. Safe. For you to be around me when I’m Changed. If you’re insistent on hanging around, I guess you can do so while I’m human. But you need to find somewhere else to be during the daytime.”

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:14 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"i can't do that, do you want your blood spilled on more peoples clothes or do you want to have a sound rest? i don't care if its dangerous, you can't stop me, no matter how eager you are for me to leave, as i said, you got more agitated when i wasn't around, am i wrong?" she looked over at him with determination and a hint of anger in her eyes

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:16 am
Shady says...

“Yes, you’re very wrong.” He looked at her sourly. “To think you know more about my lived experience than I do.”

[they/he]

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound