z

Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:26 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina frowned. "So this is England... But I've never heard of alis, igni, or Ukayans before. The way you talk about them, they seem like completely different species or aliens or something... But that would be all over the news, all around the world! And then I would definitely have heard of them." The way Neptune talked about nonhumans seemed completely genuine, which puzzled Raina, though it irked her to admit it.

"As for the year I was born... that would be 2009." Raina eyed Neptune. "Okay, here's a question from me. What's your whimsy?" Surely Neptune and Raina would have that in common, at least. Everyone had a whimsy.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:29 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune flinched. “2009? Now surely you must be jesting.” He shook his head. “2009? You’d wouldn’t be born for another two hundred years.” He laughed. “And what’s this about a whimsy? I keep myself grounded in reality, thank you. I don’t like the fanciful side of things.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:05 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“No, a whimsy, like a magical quirk everyone has?” Raina said frustratedly. Then she paused. “Wait, did you say I wouldn’t be born for two centuries?” Her eyes widened. “Oh! Time travel would explain a lot! Wait, but no, whimsies have been known for five centuries at least…”

Raina started pacing and muttering. “Okay, so either this guy’s lying and I should find the nearest city to reorient myself, or Neptune’s telling the truth and I’ve been transported to a-a… I don’t even know what this is. An alternate Earth?” Suddenly she stopped and faced Neptune again. “Alright. I need some proof. Are you an alis, igni, or Ukayan? And where can I see examples of the other two?”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:22 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune hummed. “Well, I’ve been told that I have blue skin. Humans tend not to. I’m an Ukayan personally.” He narrowed his eyes. “As for alis and igni, there are a few in the Mist. But I am confused as to how you managed to avoid them for so long.”
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“An Ukayan. Okay.” Raina stared at Neptune with a thoughtful expression. “As for how I managed to avoid them… well, I’m afraid I’m not from around here. And I don’t mean I’m not just from England.” She sighed. “I’m still hoping this is all a dream or something, but if not, the possibility that I’ve been transported from my world to here seems quite likely.”
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:56 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"Another world." Neptune hummed. "I suppose that's possible. Saturn once read this fascinating book regarding the thoughts of Atomism." He tapped his cane against the ground. "You're not dreaming, and this is my world. So, it seems that you are an extraordinary visitor. Welcome, then. You are in the woods outside of London, England. And the year is 1838."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:51 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

There was a beat of silence, then a couple of songbirds fluttered away from some trees in the distance, as if emphasizing Neptune’s words. And Raina groaned.

“Man, I wish I had my phone to record all this! But it’s in my backpack, and my backpack is in my world. Ah well. My memory should be good enough.” She looked around. Well, a city would be able to provide food, shelter, and books. “Which way is London?”
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"London is-" Neptune froze, his eyebrows furrowing again. "One moment."

He walked past Raina in a small circle, his cane tapping across the ground. "Right. London should be southeast of here. But it's not a good idea to go there. As I said, I'll take you to the Mist. You'll be welcomed there."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:31 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Okay," Raina said suspiciously. This blue-skinned person seemed friendly for now, at least, and it didn't particularly matter where she went, as long as there were the three essentials. Raina was trying not to think too hard about the whole teleportation-to-another-world-thing. Getting home would be easier after finding civilization, right?

After a moment, she followed Neptune.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:09 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune tapped his way through the forest, dodging stray branches. "The Mist is a home to many. There you'll meet kinds of people you never have before. Be respectful, please." He sighed. "They've been through more than you can guess."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina nodded, then realized Neptune couldn't see her and winced. "Got it. I'll try not to insult anyone." She ducked under a low-hanging branch, wondering what exactly Neptune meant by "been through more than you can guess." Did that have something to do with the guards they'd mentioned?

Suddenly Raina realized that she hadn't asked for Neptune's pronouns. Did pronouns even work the same way with nonhumans? "Hey, what pronouns do you use?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:29 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune paused for a moment. "No one's asked me that without knowing me before." He hummed. "Though, right now, I am a man. He/him, please. But ask again later. Mine tend to change."

He continued forward. "What about you?"
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:00 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina shrugged. "Well, if I'm going to chronicle my adventures later, I'll need to know your pronouns. As for me, I go by she/her." Raina brushed a cobweb out of her face. "So, how much longer until we get to the Mist?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune shrugged. "I'm not sure where exactly we are. Landmarks aren't kind to the unseeing eye." He tapped his cane at the base of the tree. "But we should be less than half a day's walk."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:29 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Half a day? Alright, that--" Suddenly, there was the faint sound of voices behind them, and Raina's eyes narrowed. She whipped around and stared through the trees.

"Did you hear that?" Raina caught a glimpse of red through the green and brown, and she frowned. "Voices. And they're coming closer."
mint, she/her

=D

Everything is a lot of things!
— Hank Green