z

Young Writers Society

Myriad Reckonings

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed May 22, 2024 12:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Thank you." Tarkin turned and strode off. His clothes were filthy, covered in dried blood and dirt, but he didn't want to waste a minute. The medbay would suffice for now, and then he'd get to work on the Phindian.

The Phindian turned to look at Sirejj as the guards grabbed her roughly. "Pretty thorough, this fellow. Is he a good employer?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed May 22, 2024 12:55 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I'd describe it as more of a partnership." He was careful what he said to her but he wouldn't have anyone believing he was just a hired gun.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:12 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow. "You picked a formidable man to partner with. What are you working on together?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 3:23 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Well you see, that's some information you can't have." He tapped her spear on the ground as he walked. "I suggest you get better at answering questions before the governor gets his hands on you. Formidable is one of the gentler words to describe him."
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 3:27 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Believe me, I know. I've heard the stories." She sobered. "I told you I'd answer questions so long as they didn't directly breach my contract with my employer. He doesn't have to get rough."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 5:03 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"He's not going to stop you know. I'm sure you would want to know if someone had sent an assassin to kill you who they were and what else they had planned." He mirrored her previous casuality. "Bounty hunter contracts don't mean much to the empire. Just hope he doesn't get any of the Sith involved, then your body won't be the only thing that is broken."

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 5:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You're not a Sith?" she said in surprise, then shook her head. "Nevermind. I see where he's coming from, of course, but like I said before, we can talk around some of these things. I'll give you a freebie. My client is a man. How about that? Is that helpful?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Quite. Now I only have a few billion people to search through." He didn't appear amused. "And no. I am not a sith. But I have seen what they are capable of." He refrained from further elaboration but his last words were genuine. If Vader got involved he would contemplate leaving. He wanted nothing to do with them.

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 6:51 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He's from the Outer Rim." She blinked several times, clearly pleased with her stringing him along. "Really hates the Tarkins. I think we're getting somewhere don't you?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 10:29 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

He eyed her for a moment, unsure wether to be angry or laugh.

"That certainly narrows it down." He replied with the same unimpressed tone. "I will say I'm impressed with your ability to remain calm despite your certain demise. Not that it will do you much good in the long run, but impressive nonetheless. Many imperials would be quivering in their boots if they were in your position."

115 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Demise isn't certain until my heart stops, and even then it's dicey," she said with a shrug. "And I have faith in my ability to talk my way out of most things."

The guards led them downstairs and opened a heavy metal door. Inside were dozens of metal hooks, from which hung bloodless carcasses of dead animals. The freezer was incredibly cold, and the Phindian grimaced. "Oh, dear."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 1:39 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Narrow is the wall between faith and foolishness." Sirejj took her by the arm and made sure she was cuffed tightly with her hands behind her back.

115 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 3:39 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He certainly knows what he's doing," she said resignedly, and allowed herself to be led inside.

Tarkin had sat impatiently through the medical droid's care, stewing in his own frustration. Of all the times for an assassin to come after him, why did it have to be at such a delicate one? Why did the galaxy seem hellbent against him finding out what had happened to his son?

And what was he to do with this Phindian once he got answers from her? He didn't have time to go through with killing her and making the body disappear. Too much work. And he couldn't very well turn her to his side if she was this ready to give up her employer's information. Perhaps he could turn her over to the ISB. They were excellent at storing broken and useless things, or otherwise recycling them into something better. Yes, that seemed a fine course of action.

He made his way down to the freezer and stepped inside, still filthy but with a bacta pad plastered against his cheek. "Well," he said with a brisk smile, "shall we begin?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 3:45 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj was still standing there, lurking but curious. He wanted to watch in the shadows. Say nothing and observe. There was something chilling about Tarkin's excitement at the prospect of inflicting pain on this phindian and he wanted to see what he had planned.

Any little lie she might say could work to build s picture of the truth. He doubted her cockiness would get her very far

115 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 3:52 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'd like to cooperate as best I can," the Phindian said from where she sat shivering on the ground.

"I'm sure you would." Tarkin paced among the carcasses, lithe and quiet, then circled around her. "Do you know why we're keeping her in the freezer, Sirejj?"

she/her

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47