z

Young Writers Society

Blunt and Honest Reviews

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm
Genoa says...

Hey there!

New to the forums here, but if you're looking for an openly honest and straightforward review on what I think of your writing, leave me a link to your work! No compensation needed. I'm eager to begin, so let's hit it.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm
sbitonti says...

Hi Genoa!
I'm so glad for this forum, I think blunt and honest is the way to go. Please review this work, I'd love your opinion. Thanks!

Dispossession

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:44 am
Blackwood says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society! I am sure you will love it here. I hope you enjoy reviewing (it can get quite competitive near the end of the month; hint hint)

I was immediately drawn to your title. I have been looking for some harsh reviews with no avail.

I have been writing a serial/series, and I would love if you could review if only one episode of it. I don't mind which episode you review but 5 and 6 haven't been reviewed yet so you'll get an extra 50 points for those.

Here is a link to episode one: Days of Gold Gone By: Episode One. though you don't have to choose that one if you don't want to. The list on episodes is located on the side bar. Have fun.
(You don't have to read everything to review a later episode, but if you like it then be my guest)

You haven't done any reviews yet so I can't see how blunt or honest you are yet so here are a few tips.
Spoiler! :
-Give out good points for the person to improve on
-Let them know what they are doing well so they can keep that up or apply it to other areas where they didn't so it so well.
-Don't limit your reviews to simply spelling or grammar picks, give them some opinion on the juicy stuff.
-Give them enough to go away with. (I personally aim for 1000 characters but often end up falling at about 700. You don't have to write that much but getting a really short review can sometimes feel a bit blah.)

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you!
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm
Lena.Wooldridge says...

The Big Sky

Thanks alot
stay gold, ponyboy

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:09 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Hello person. I don't know how to link, so I'll just give the title and you can find it in my portfolio.
The Hat Man.
Just a short poem, and I would be really grateful! :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 am
Laure says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=107338

It would mean a lot to me, if you could review this. Thank you!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore