z

Young Writers Society

Poetry, you say?! Can I have it? Can I?

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm
Skydreamer says...

So, you could probably tell by the title that I'm planning on devouring some excellent poetry!

Rules are short: 1. Nothing inappropriate. 2. No poetry that is more than 10 stanza's. 3. I can only do two at a time! 4. All requests are tentative.

Well, I can also review short stories depending on how long they are. If they are too long for me, I'll have to tell you and it won't work out. Sometimes if they have a good hook, I'd still read on and then review.

I must be honest, I am a picky reviewer, but that is for good intentions! I want to make sure my review is natural, something that makes me want to respond. I don't want to have to "force" myself to review or anything, that's why I'm picky.

But, that said, poetry is really a strength of mine. I usually go from stanza to stanza*.

My Strengths

1. I'm specific. - If you want to know exactly what you could possibly do to change your poetry/work, I will let you know. I often give a few examples along with my critique. And if I don't have sufficient examples, I often don't give that critique, or say so.

2. Explanations. - I will always let you know why I am saying something, or offering some advice. I do this, because (here I go explaining) I don't like it when people give me reviews and don't be specific, or tell me why they expect something to change. So in order to make sure you know exactly why I am giving an advice, I'll explain. If my explanation is not adequate you may PM me and let me know.

3. I am usually emotionally connected to a work. - I consider this a strength because then, if I like it I will try to (if I can) go in depth and explain why I do. Hopefully that will allow you to know what you do good, and it can even help you to know what you should keep doing.

4. I aim for 150 points. - This means I have to review works that are in the green room, so bring works that other's have not reviewed to me! I'll do it! Also, though, it means I want to be able to explain and write a lot about your piece hopefully that'll make a difference!

Why am I doing this?

Because I want a steady flow of reviews, and people have come to me asking me to review and I've forgotten and etc. I figured if I had a place to direct people to, it might help me to keep on task, and it might help me to always have reviews going on!

Spoiler! :
I may potentially take other work, such as novels and so forth. And I am currently reviewing some novels so I wouldn't mind that. But just know that poetry is my main thing. (Also for novels: Historical Fiction, Romance, Drama, Adventure/suspense. I will add more when I think of it.)

*I go from stanza to stanza depending on the way the poem is written. So even if you got stanza's and I don't go stanza to stanza, it's cause I felt I didn't need to. :)

I'm ready to reviewwwwww! Give me poetry and give me wealth!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:00 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

The Right Lie. ?Review?

Honour. ?Review?
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

159 Reviews

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 pm
Skydreamer says...

I have eaten "The Right Lie". :)

Done with Honour! :)
Last edited by Skydreamer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:40 am
View Likes
Audy says...

Hey writersdream :o Would love your honest thoughts on this, whenever you get the chance. I believe it's still considered a green room piece, so the 150 points are still up for grabs!

the moth

This is the same poem, but better showcases the formatting.

159 Reviews

Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 am
Skydreamer says...

Awesomes! I'll review it today, if possible! All eaten up! :>

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 pm
StoneHeart says...

I had warned you.

Review? Don't mind the formatting please.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 pm
Jcsmooth says...

Sweet Words You Used To Say
the truth
is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor