z

Young Writers Society

Particularities, Peculiarities, Reviews!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:44 am
skorlir says...

Harsh reviews, in modest slews.

Particularities:
  • I will review poetry, short stories, chapters, the works - just about anything. But no fan fiction, please.
  • Use spell check. Serious, now. If there are too many silly mistakes (silly as is arbitrarily defined by me and my internal spell checker), I will just tell you so. I will, however, gladly review something after its spelling has been fixed.
  • If a work is stupendously long, I may review every other paragraph, or arrange with you some such system, or just tell you "sorry" (but hopefully not). I am human. I cannot just sit and review for hours, unfortunately. I have other things.

Peculiarities:
  • I will (probably) review paragraph by paragraph, then end with a summary of my feelings/opinions.
  • If you dislike something I say, and it's not blatantly offensive (as in, I didn't just tell you "your mother was a hog-swallowing pill of a lardbucket whose medical bills may just exceed her astronomical size by the slightest margin - what a waste"), just ignore it. Your art, your choices! I take a little license sometimes, but you have every right to revoke it.

Reviews!
Post aplenty! If it gets to be too much, I will edit the Subject to [closed], which seems to work well elsewhere.

Be forever hortatory!
~Skorlir
Last edited by skorlir on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:01 am
PinkPanther says...

I would appreciate it deeply and earnestly if you reviewed one, all, or a combination of these:

work.php?id=81614
work.php?id=100830
work.php?id=100464

Thank you so much. :smt001
The strong mind can confront lies and illusions without being lost. The strong heart can withstand the poison of hatred without being harmed.

83 Reviews

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm
skorlir says...

Working on it, PinkPanther. Expect the first one before long!
Done.
Last edited by skorlir on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 am
PinkPanther says...

Thank you.
The strong mind can confront lies and illusions without being lost. The strong heart can withstand the poison of hatred without being harmed.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm
ChimeraMania says...

work.php?id=100966
work.php?id=100986
this is the prologue and chapter 1
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 am
lilcanich says...

work.php?id=101031

a freeverse poem i wrote, any critique would be appreciated.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm
indieeloise says...

Would love a review on this! Thanks! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=100977
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

83 Reviews

Tue May 28, 2013 1:40 am
skorlir says...

I was gone for... A long time there. I had an 11 final week (yikes), and then graduated. But anyway, I plan on reviewing all these things now. :)

I have reviewed EVERYTHING. :)

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi