z

Young Writers Society

Anyone Need a Review?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:32 pm
Zyphlid says...

It has been a while since I have accessed this site, but I still know that reviews are like a precious metal or gemstone. Everyone wants one.

I am willing to review science fiction, fantasy, and supernatural novel chapters. They can be horror, drama, action/adventure, mystery/suspense, or general (sorry, I am not keen with the romantic stuff!).

I like to read in short bursts, so if what you want me to review is particularly long, it might take me a while to get to and finish your review. I apologize about that! It is just how I have read lately due to the daily life.

Also, I am more a reviewer of character and plot development, not grammar and punctuation. That does not mean I will not point out a few spelling mistakes or comma misuses, but it is not my strong point and I cannot be expected to expertly help you with it.

However, please make sure you read over your own work before submitting or asking me to review. It is difficult for me, and even some other reviewers, to read a piece rundown with grammar or punctuation faults every five words or so. I understand that you might be like me and have trouble at times, but try your best to fix these issues before allowing a reviewer to go over your piece.

Post your piece on this thread, send me a message, or post on my wall and I will try my best to get to your piece! Thank you!
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 pm
TheEvilWithin says...

I'm absolutely dying for feedback on my pokemon fanfic. It's very long, however I used hyphens to split it up into sections so you could just review the first part if you want. I would very much appreciate it

work.php?id=99819

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 pm
Glauke says...

Hi, it'd be great if you could review my two new poems :D
Thanks so much.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99969
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99970
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

21 Reviews

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:30 am
Zyphlid says...

I don't review poems, sorry! :c

Poetry has never been my forte, so I often stray from the subject.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:38 pm
BenGrange says...

Hey! It would be awesome if I could get a few reviews on my new posts here. It's a fantasy/adventure I've been working on for quite some time.

Here are the links for chapters one and two:
work.php?id=100034
work.php?id=100035

Thanks!
"If you really want something, no one can stop you. If you don't want something, then no one can help you." ~ James A. Owen

21 Reviews

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:48 am
Zyphlid says...

I am going to have to temporarily close shop due to a hiatus! Sorry!

I will post again when it is reopened.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg