z

Young Writers Society

rea-views (too long; don't read)

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am
View Likes
reason says...

Last edited by reason on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

58 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:26 am
View Likes
reason says...

slots

i only take two requests at a time because they take me much longer than you would think. look at my samples, you will see the reason as to why.

works in progress:

soon to be shredded:

Last edited by reason on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

58 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am
reason says...

Last edited by reason on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

58 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am
reason says...

rules

- be nice.
- in your request for a review: you must cite (link) two reviews that you've written within a week prior of posting in my thread.
- i reserve the right to refuse your request for whatever reason -if i do, do not bug me about it. you will be denied future requests.
Last edited by reason on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

58 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 am
reason says...

guidelines

i hate poetry. i occasionally find a poem i like -that's the exception. you may ask me to review your poetry, but be prepared to be rejected. audy is still waiting for her poetry review january 2013: it's been four months.

i feel comfortable with: short stories and novels.

i hate romance as a focal point. i will review romance, but be prepared for a critical analysis of character development, any and all sappy moments, and a demand for realism.

look at my samples. my reviews are in depth, meticulous, and i rarely will say if i liked the piece or not. i will admit to, "this was a nice moment" and then proceed to suggest how to refine that nice moment.

simply put, i am a butcher. i hack the fat off.

the metaphorical fat would be superfluous details, unnecessary words, scenes that don't serve character or plot development, and so on.

until there's nothing, but compact muscle. i'll make suggestions on what you can do with that slab of meat -not all cuts of meat are made equal.

the metaphorical cuts of meat would be genres, short stories, novels, and poems.

delving into the idea of genres, fantasy requires world building; romance requires character development.

ultimately, my reviews are only suggestions. you decide if you want to heed it, if my points are valid, or if any disagreements are stylistic choices. i am minimalistic in style -i don't care for extraneous words (i am very picky about word choice due to connotations), details, or scenes.

you must really want a review from me if you've gotten this far.

here's your request form:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all

[url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=NUMBERS#comments]DATE[/url]
[url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=NUMBERS#comments]DATE[/url]

comments: i am seeking your general style or i would like you to specifically focus on (this scene, character development, and so on), or i am struggling with ___.

synopsis: genre.  format (short story, poem, novel.)

Last edited by reason on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

58 Reviews

reason says...

Reserved

58 Reviews

reason says...

102 resources for fiction touches on: writers: character, point of view, dialogue, plot, conflict, structure, outline, setting, world building, ideas, inspiration, revision, tools, and software.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Yo, Reason. I need your review on this thing:
work.php?id=99399

Here are my previous reviews:
Jan 27
Jan 27

comments: I have dug this piece out from the past and need to get a clear view of what it needs again. Of course, this is just the first part and the rest isn't posted yet, but this should be enough to get an idea of the piece.

synopsis: Yo, you know, this focuses on character development, but I wouldn't call it a romance. It's part one of a short story.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet