Young Writers Society

3 Reviewers at Your Service [Closed]

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

SALUTATIONS!

If you want three reviews for one request, you're at the right place. Patch, Azrael and myself (Jhoi) are the three reviewers at your disposal. Requesting here will result in three reviews for your piece of work. We request that you only post one literary work per request, thank you.

JHOI

Spoiler! :
I'm a harsh critic and I always speak my mind. I won't pussy-foot around anything and will dissect your work like a butcher who gleefully stole some poor surgeon's scalpel. I will hack and maul your piece apart, peeling the epidermis off the muscle and the muscle off the bone until I can suck out the marrow and drink through your ulna like a straw.

Okay, enough with the creepy metaphor. I can be right, but I'm often wrong. I like to read, and I'm well read. I enjoy helping others, especially if it means they have to learn the hard way.

If I haven't scared you off by now, feel free to request a review from me and receive a dripping organ in response. I kid.

I would not like to review poetry as poetic techniques make my eyes bleed. I enjoy fan-fiction if I know the series. Primarily I like to read fantasy, science fiction and romance. Teen flick makes me feel as if I've been drenched in acid, but if it's not so cliché that I survive the horrific burns, I may read it.

When requesting a review, I require you to give me a link to your work and promise me that you'll put my review to good use. There's nothing that disappoints me more than wasting my time slicing you a nice piece of my brain, and that delicacy being thrown up or stored at the back of the fridge with last week's pasta.

Yours truly,
jhoijhoi

AZRAEL

Spoiler! :
Hi there, I’m jhoi’s younger (and, if we’re being honest, probably more sadistic) sister.

If you’re expecting to be slowly vivisected by her, please anticipate faster, less refined, brutal and yet still delightfully aching torture from me. Don’t be afraid, it’ll hurt you more than me.

Like my sibling, I enjoy fantasy, science fiction and, if it isn’t painful, romance on the occasion. I can barely handle teen flicks and if it’s some sort of Twilight brethren, please refrain from making me look at it. If you do post it to be reviewed, I may not be so kind as to restrain the fully fledged anger I have at hand.

Have A Nice Day,
Azrael Linx.

PATCH

Spoiler! :
Howdy, I'm Patch. I've been writing for nearly ten years, but really I've only started to learn how to write properly in the last few, and quite a lot has been learnt at that. I've come to understand a lot more about characterization, story structure, pacing, why characters are good and interesting or not and many other things.

Tell me which of the following ways you would like to be reviewed.

Light
I'll point out the things I liked about your story, maybe ask a question or two about the direction. I'll make an effort to point out any inconsistencies or worrying flaws. Light reviews, for lack of a better term, are soft reviews. They're not going to be very critical (constructive or otherwise).

Medium
My standard review style. I'll talk to you about the pacing and the room for development in your characters. I'll ask about the direction of the story and maybe say where I think you're going with it. I'll point out any moments where a character is maybe crossing into that worrying territory or 'mary sue' or where I think I've seen a gap in logic (a good guy doing something blatantly wrong but everyone acting like its okay etc).

Harsh
Harsh reviews are something else. Only request if you really seek improvement. I will actively seek out things that are wrong with your story, deconstructing them to the best of my ability. I'll tell you where I believe you need to improve, but I will also praise you where you do well. I'll once again share my ideas on where I think your story is going and try to be as constructive as I can be in my advice. If your work is good, a harsh review should do no more than point out any mistakes a writer might make just by being too involved in the story and missing that outside perspective, something that can happen to anyone.

TL;DR

There are three of us, which means when you request a review, you will receive three. You must provide a working link to your piece and follow whatever instructions each of us have given you. It is appreciated if you can reply to our reviews and utilise our feedback to improve your writing. Please never request more than one review per post.
Last edited by seeminglymeaningless on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

377 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 am

No one wants to give us a go? D: We're eagerly waiting ^^

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am
Sherlock says...

I don't really need a review, and this is a story with, probably, less than 500 words. But I want to see how you guys dissect this one. Here it is: work.php?id=99152
“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about."
― Oscar Wilde

377 Reviews

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am

Done. Like the disclaimed states: I am brutally honest.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am
Adriana12Alexis says...

I have a story called Rye-lie if you want to review it. Here's the link- work.php?id=99099

377 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am

Done! Anyone else?

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 am
ShakespeareWallah says...

hey Jhoi,

I'd really like some help on this one.

Thanks!

377 Reviews

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 pm
View Likes

Hardest review yet, due to the extremes of the piece o.o But done! Next?

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm
polinkacreations says...

Hellow:) Do you do novel chapter reviews? The last few chapters have been getting little reviews, so I'm wondering if you guys could help me out;)
work.php?id=99030
If you want, I can PM you what the story is actually about, so you're more informed about what's going on, that might make it easier for you.
Thanks in advance!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

377 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 am

Done, Polinka. Anyone else?

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 pm
veeren says...

I don't exactly need reviews, but I'd love to see your methods of dissection.

Right Here, please.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 pm
Sherlock says...

Rip it apart.
Please?
work.php?id=99561
“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about."
― Oscar Wilde

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 pm
TheEvilWithin says...

Would any of you like to review a pokémon fanfic? I'd love to hear what anyone thinks about this piece. It's kind of long so you can be as terse as you'd like

work.php?id=99819

I'd really appreciate it.

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm
dogs says...

work.php?id=99840

This is a poem I recently wrote for a History project. All criticism and critiques are greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:37 pm
polinkacreations says...

Hey guys, I remember the last time you reviewed it was incredibly useful, so thanks for that!
I'd love some reviews on my short story, if you don't mind: work.php?id=100142

Thanks again!
~polinka
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso