z

Young Writers Society

Feed me, Seymour. Reviews, that is.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Hey there! After a brief hiatus, I have returned to YWS and am ready to start reviewing again! Here's what you should know before requesting:

1. I will not review a random chapter of a novel unless your book is structured in such a way that each installment can stand on its own (For example, each chapter is a short story or poem).

2. I will not review fanfiction. If you're desperate for a review on it and feel it's quality enough to be enjoyed by someone outside your fandom, message me.

3.I tend to be an extremely harsh reviewer! If I don't like something or think it's poorly written, I will tell you so. However, in cases like that, I will always support my opinion with plenty of constructive criticism and ways I think you can improve. If you want me to sugar- coat a review and be all cuddly, tell me in your request. Otherwise, please don't take offense if I tear your work apart.

Other than what I've specified above, I'll review most anything. However, my specialties are:

-Poetry
-Prose
-Lyrics
-Fiction
-Weird things. Suffice it to say that if you think it's unusual, I'll probably get it.

So, request away!

-Tori :D
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm
View Likes
ImHero says...

I'd be honored to be your first review :)

work.php?id=96570

love you!
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

351 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Done! And possibly the longest review I've ever done... too bad it can only count for 100. XD

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 pm
ImHero says...

I call it innovation, you call it juvenile.;p I love some of your improvements, most where suppose to be slang because it was made by ear. But I didn't realize there was a better way to spell them. I changed rhyme scheme because I love doing that in poetry. If the fancy people don't like it, screw them! I like to say my poetry out loud and if it sounds good then I write it down. I didn't understand your punctuation.. That piece is suppose to flow without any stops and punctuation in poetry specifically means stops. Also you didn't quite get my Technic; "A cycle, not a wheel" A wheel moves forward while a cycle does not.

The good: The effort. It was divided among each line then as a whole about everything you could nic pick. It allowed me to read some of the concerns and decide whether I needed something to change. It was harsh and I like that. You didn't spare any feelings which allowed a totally unbiased review. In the end of revising I ended up throwing a whole page of it out and it is significantly better to me now. :pirate3:
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

351 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Glad I could help!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm
Dradian Far Runes says...

Ooh, unusual, you might like this.

work.php?id=96845

Im thinking of submitting it to a contest, so I just want to get any help you can offer with improving it. :smt001

Thanks. :D

-The Unseen
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes