z

Young Writers Society

Story Scramble - Accepting

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm
artsy says...

I realized I've been slacking in my reviewing lately; sad thing is, I'm not sure what to review. YWS can still be overwhelming in the amount of works this site has. At least for me, anyway. xD

Reviewing
- General Fiction
- Fantasy
- Realistic
- Science Fiction
- Personal Narratives
- Essays/Articles
- Mystery
- Horror*
*with the exception of it not beeing too gory.

Will Consider
- Fanfiction*
- Nonfiction**
- Poetry***
*If it's something that I know an adequate amount of information about. PM me the details of the work if it's in this category.
**Relates back to the *. PM me for details if it falls into this category.
***I'm not the best with certain sub-genres of poetry. I rate it from flow of verse to verse to stanza to stanza, regardless of rhyme scheme does uniformity, imagery, and grammar/punctuation.

If you want to send a link to another writer's work, that's perfectly alright. But self-advertising is shameless as well. Just list your post as such below:

Link
Short description of piece.
What area you want to review to focus on*
*grammar, punctuation, dialogue, flow, character personality, etc. You can choose more than one.

Let the Story Scrambles begin!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

45 Reviews

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 pm
artsy says...

Bumping for September and some extra free time!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

Reviews: 4
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:40 pm
chazbc4 says...

Would be amazing if you could review this - the first two chapters of a piece I've been working on for an age! I'm actually a lot further on than what's included, but I wrote the beginning of it so long ago that I'm kind of worried that I can't actually identify many of its issues (of which there are bound to be).

It concerns the uprooting of a young adult from London to Edinburgh, and his struggle to overcome an illness that has been plaguing him for many years. Focuses on grammar, punctuation and flow would be brilliant.

work.php?id=97209

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 pm
EmmVeePi says...

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=97126
The Rather Odd Adventures of Daisy: Volume 1
A childrens rhyming short.
Would like any and all technical aspects of the art critiqued as well as overall atmosphere/mood/enjoyability(or lack thereof).

Thank you much!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hi arsty, would you mind looking at this for me? It's the first chapter of a fantasy story that I've been playing around with. Hellhounds, gargoyles, witches - you know, typical fantasy material.

Don't worry, it's not very long, and you don't have to nitpick the grammar or anything. I'm just looking for your general overall opinion.

Thanks so much!

work.php?id=97290
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 pm
artsy says...

chazbc4 - did the Prologue. The others will be separate.

EmmVeePi - done!

MagnusBane - working on it right now. :]
~
Will Review For Food

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 am
Sins says...

Hey artsy, would you mind checking out the opening chapter of my YA novel for me? It's general fiction including a lot of teenagers being idiots, which is always fun. I'm not too bothered about grammar, so would you mind concentrating more on things like character, pacing and realism?

work.php?id=97263

Please and thank you!
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 am
cm57105 says...

Hi, I am doing a fantasy novel so can you review it?

I am NOT looking for grammar just things on characters And plot

My URL is not working so just search Alyasan( my story)
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

45 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:39 am
artsy says...

Hey guys, sorry for all the late replies. I promise all your reviews will be done by this weekend!
~
Will Review For Food

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster