z

Young Writers Society

Free Reviews by Patricia [OPEN]

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 pm
View Likes
PatriciaTina says...

Hey everyone! So the bottom line is I need stuff to review, so if you have something that needs reviewing post it here!

Just a couple more things first though:

I will NOT review:

- Any fanfiction (just because I don't want to give a bad review just because I don't know everything about the subject.)
- Poetry (Including lyrics)

This is just because I don't know enough about this all to give a good or helpful review. So, I probably will take a stab at it if you ask me to, but it most likely won't be at all helpful.

I will review:

- Any type of prose (basically anything not mentioned above)

So that's about all I have to say. Anyone want to be first? :wink:
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 am
View Likes
DudeMcGuy says...

I posted this piece in several other threads a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet. I should just be patient and wait, but I saw your empty thread and couldn't resist.

You can read it here if you like, work.php?id=94743
Let me know what you think. It's fantasy-genre and my first attempt at writing fiction. Hoping to expand on it soon. (3000+ words, hope that's not too long for you.)
When I was young I used to have problems finishing my sentences, but now I

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat May 05, 2012 10:16 pm
TheAceofAll says...

Hi, I just joined this site and was hoping for a review of a few captures of a fantasy book i started. It's called Welcome to Orba Nova. My friends who have read it like it but i doubt they will give me a true opinion to spare my feelings. If you don't mind, could you give me a review. Oh, i know my first chapter is a little dry but it picks up fast. :D
work.php?id=95067

124 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 am
PatriciaTina says...

Done and done. Sorry again for the wait!

Anyone want to be next?

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

Reviews: 3
Sat May 12, 2012 12:22 pm
DarkDaughter says...

Hey, I'm new here and have posted up the prologue to a story I'm working on. The book is called Dragon and it's something I really want to perfect and hopefully publish. It is only the prologue so it doesn't explain everything but if it gets a good response I will hopefully put up the first chapter. My friends who have read it say it is really good but I want someone who doesn't know me very well or the ideas I've had to read it and review it. :)
Here it is - work.php?id=95192
“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 pm
artemisathena13 says...

Could you review mine? It's called Return of the Gods #1: Artemis. I've only gotten one review and I want to know more people's opinions. I currently have the prologue, chapter 1, and chapter 2. Thank you so much!
Alex

Reviews: 0
Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm
nikkikajeh says...

Could you review mine too? It's the first chapter of my fantasy book (doesn't have a name yet) I'll review one of yours too :)
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=95297
Spoiler! :
I shower naked
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.” Charles Bukowski

Reviews: 4
Thu May 17, 2012 10:13 am
GrymmRipper says...

work.php?id=95332

If you could review this poem of mine it would be really helpful!
Thank you so much!
Sanity is nonexistent. =_=''

Need reviews for this poem : work.php?id=93702
Thank you so much!

124 Reviews

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:45 am
PatriciaTina says...

I'm finally caught up, and open for more requests. Keep 'em coming! (I should be able to review stuff quicker now, I only have two more days of classes - then I'm done high school forever! So I'll definitely need some more stuff to review!) :D

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

~ Dr. John Watson

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm
DudeMcGuy says...

Hey PatriciaTina,

Thanks for the quick reply to my PM. Alright, I uploaded Ch.3 yesterday (in two parts), I would like to know what you think of it :

work.php?id=95978
work.php?id=95979

It is very "dialogue heavy", so I'm worried there are some awkward parts that I probably didn't catch.

Also, here is Chapter 1 (in two parts):
work.php?id=95343
work.php?id=95346
And Chapter 2:
work.php?id=95667

You said you wanted to read them for context (which is probably a good idea), but feel free to comment or review on them if you want to (totally up to you, I'm not requesting it because that might be too much).

OK, thanks in advance. And take as long as you need, there's no rush. :)
Last edited by DudeMcGuy on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I used to have problems finishing my sentences, but now I

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:44 pm
BradenPowell says...

work.php?id=96029

I was very tired when I wrote this.
“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:20 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Would you mind reviewing the first chapter of my novel? http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=95887
It's of the sci-fi/fantasy genre.
Formerly TheScratchMan.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory