z

Young Writers Society

Roll Up, Roll Up

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 am
TheButtonWorks says...

Hello~

I'm starting this thread out of love for reviewing and abhorrence of boredom. I'm Button - call me that - and I will be happy to review your work.

What I like-

Genres: science fiction, historical, general
    Themes: (modern) war, (modern) underworld, anything dark, anything eccentric, science, family
    Types: poetry, short stories, art/photography

What I can't handle and will probably make a mess of if you ask me to review-

Genres: romance. This reviewer does not know much about judging feelings. Machines are better.
    Themes: romance, violence, profanity
    Types: lyrics, scripts

What I will allow (conditions apply)-

Genres: fantasy. I'm so sorry I can't handle too many elves or fairies. Particularly if there is a feud of some kind in the plot.
    Themes: young-adult, hurt/comfort, angst
    Types: novels

I don't nitpick. I will tell you what I liked, as a reader. I can point out cliched parts of the storyline, and where it sounds odd to me, and which parts were brilliant. I will recommend steps for improving your work, and if you need help with building the story, I can provide that too. Well, a little.

I hope to be able to start reviewing soon! Give me a week after asking for the review. If I cannot make it, I will apologize and try to write it as soon as possible. But a week should be enough. :)
Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, "Goodbye!" and you were like "NO WAY." and then I was all, "We pretended we were going to murder you."
That was great.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:43 am
UrbanNomad says...

Hi there,
if you want to review my poem
post916429.html?hilit=clouds#p916429

it is called "Clouds" and is about writers block [genre narrative poem]
Thanks, Oliver

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites