Place Review Orders Here

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:18 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

:elephant: Sea's Reviews :elephant:
Walk-ins Welcome

Okay, so I'm finally open for requests. :smt003 Just know that during the school year, your review will more than likely not come until the weekend.

What you can expect from my reviews:
Normally, I start with a few things I liked about your piece. Then I move on to nitpicks, where I go through your piece again and correct any grammar mistakes as I see them. (I am rather obsessed with grammar.) This is also where I point out awkward wording and such. :D Then I have a section of general critiques. I usually end with more praise. The order may change, depending on whether or not I think I'm going to forget what I wanted to say. ;) Also, I will use smilies, so let me know if that annoys you, and I will keep them to a minimum. :P

What I will review:
- My strongest points are general fiction prose, fantasy fiction, adventure fiction, etc.
- I will review nonfiction
- I will do poetry, but I know absolutely nothing about structuring them, so don't ask me for help on meter and whatnot. :)
- With lyrics, I will have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'll give you a general impression.
- I have not artistic ability, but I would be happy to critique proportion, shading, etc.
- I have never done a script before, but I would be happy to give it a go for you.

What I prefer not to review:
- No romance stories, please. If you are really desperate, I will review for you, but I can't promise not to make sarcastic, cynical comments. ;)
- I don't get out much, so if you ask me to review Fan-fiction, there is about a 99% chance that I will have no idea what your premise is. So, if you want a review based on the a prior knowledge of the subject, let's just not get into that. :D
- I don't do anything with excessive cussing, explicit sexual content, graphic content, etc. Basically, I won't review anything that should be rated 18+

What I ask from you:
- I try to be nice and encouraging in my reviews. While I want to know if I have honestly upset you, if you do not let me know in a civil manner, I will remove my review and refrain from reviewing any more of your work. So, let's just be nice and constructive. :P
- While I do love pointing out grammar, please proofread your own work first. If you make a certain grammatical mistake more than once, I will correct it as well as explain why.
- I will not review anything without a link. This is not, "Where's Waldo?" I was never any good at that. True, I can look it up by name in your portfolio, but I won't. So, use a link. :D
- Please PM me with any questions over your review. If you don't agree with me on something, I would love to discuss it. I enjoy learning and hearing your ideas and perspective. Don't be afraid to talk to me about something. I promise, I won't be offended if you don't agree with something in my review. But again, be courteous. :D

So, that's about it. I look forward to reading your work. :elephant:
-Sea-
Last edited by Searria H. on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 am
therealme says...

hey you said you wouldn't mind reviewing my story so... here it is! haha work.php?id=100140#c352390 tell me what you think! xx :D
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:34 pm
polinkacreations says...

Hey! Would you mind reviewing this little short story for me? :)
It's only got comments in it, but no proper review, so I hope for your expertise here.
work.php?id=100142
Thanks in advance, and enjoy!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 am
ShakespeareWallah says...

Hey Sea,
Can you review this for me please
work.php?id=100328

thanks!
Puck

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 am
Incandenza says...

Sea,

I'd love a review on this,

work.php?id=100892

Thanks!
“There's good self-consciousness, and then there's toxic, paralyzing, raped-by-psychic-Bedouins self-consciousness.”
― David Foster Wallace

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm
Dhendon says...

Hey. I would love a review, but since all my pieces are chapters, I'm not sure where you want to start. If you don't care about knowing the entire back story, you can start with any of the last three chapters. If you want to story, you can read from chapter one.

Here are all the links depending on where you care to start. Thanks!

Chapter One:
Disaster Zone: Chapter One: Some Girl

Chapter Five:
Disaster Zone: Chapter Five: Twenty Questions

Chapter Six:
Disaster Zone: Chapter Six: Breakfast

Chapter Seven:
Disaster Zone: Chapter Seven: In Love

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying