Young Writers Society

Ask Me! Ask Me!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 pm
View Likes
brainychic212 says...

So here's the thing:

I totally believe that pointing out someone else's mistakes in their writing can help you learn to catch the mistakes in your own writing. That is why I'm asking all of you to give me stuff to review. :) I know I am nowhere near the best writer in the world but I really want to learn. The best ways to do that are to write(I'm already doing that) and to review others' work.

Things I would prefer to review:
Poetry(any type)
Fantasy Fiction
Romantic Fiction

Things I can review:(These are things I don't normally write; therefore, I may not be very good at reviewing, but I promise to try :)
Action-Adventure Fiction
Science Fiction
Historical Fiction
Other Fiction
Lyrics

Things I will not review:
Scripts
Non-fiction
Fan-fiction

So please help out a fellow writer and post the title of your piece, the genre, a link, and anything that you want me to pay special attention to.

I cannot promise that I will review it that day, but I can promise to review your piece as soon as I can. A friendly reminder is always welcome, but please do not rush me. I want to take my time with the reviewing, fair? :)

Happy writing!
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:13 pm
View Likes
Ktg17 says...

Hey! My story is in Romantic Fiction, and the title is "Anna and Ryan-their story"
Thanks! I'm really not looking for grammar errors reviews, but more along the lines of the story itself. Thanks a million!!!
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:08 am
View Likes
Apple says...

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
My story need reviewing, can you please do it... and I'll give you all the food in the world! Lah Lah Lah! ^._.^ <-- Meow! And I'll chuck in a free cat for awesomeness too!

Link; viewtopic.php?t=61127

Food + ^._.^ = To Awesome!

~Apple
I spy!

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am
View Likes
MiaParamore says...

Hi I want a review for my story. I have posted its prologue, chapter-1, 2,3. I know its difficult so you just read prologue and chapter-1 and give me a review for chapter-2 and 3. I hope thats not much.
LINK:
A Criminal's Heart-Prologue
A Criminal's Heart Chapter-1(OLIVIA)
Chapter-2

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!
Last edited by MiaParamore on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:11 am
View Likes
curiousvampire says...

I'm still unsure if I should keep my story, its called Mistress and I wanted to know what you think. Please and thak you.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

23 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm
View Likes
brainychic212 says...

Alright, Ktg and Apple, I have done your reviews. :) Hope you like!

Shubhiloves2write and Curiousvampire, thanks for being patient. I promise that I am getting around to your reviews. :)

-Brainy
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

23 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 am
View Likes
UrbanNomad says...

Hola! I am a 17 year old poet from New Zealand and really would appreciate it if you read/critique my work.
topic87751.html

and

post916465.html?hilit=reflections%20of%20a%20nomad#p916465

I am making a big effort to sharpen up these two poems for my collection being published 2012...
Thanks in advance!

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100