Young Writers Society

Friendly fantasy reviewer

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 am
View Likes
BowserMarzenai says...

Howzitgoin?

I'm a new guy here, but one of the things I've told off the bat is that I'm passionate about fantasy literature. I'm even more passionate about encouraging others, simplifying the fiction writing process, and using my skills as an amateur editor. If you have a work that you would like an analytical but friendly eye to look over, then send me the link, and I'd love to read and review it!

I primarily do fantasy, but I'll also look into...

• Drama.
• Screenplays.
• Nonfiction and essays, especially those that deal with the writing process.
Star Fox and Mario fan fiction.
• Christian fiction.
• Furry fiction (with reservations).

But there are some things I won't read:

• Shounen-ai and yaoi, or anything else with 18+ sexual material. Sorry...no exceptions.
• Anything with 18+ dialogue or violence.
• Poetry. I might make exceptions, but I'm not a poet by any measure, so I don't think I could be much help.
• Lyrics.
• Sci-fi and thriller.
• Anime. I'm very illiterate in this genre, to say the least!

Here are some of the things I go for in reviews:

• Grammar and punctuation.
• Characters.
• Story flow.
• Prose and narratives.
• Dialogue.
• Looking at a story to see if it has the potential to be marketable.

Last, here's what I want to accomplish as a reviewer:

• Encouraging others.
• Inspiring others.
• Simplifying the writing process.
• Looking at works as an editor.
• Seeing if a work can be marketable.

If these guidelines look good, then by all means send me a link, and I'll drop off a review ASAP. I look forward to reading some stuff and offering my two cents' worth. If you guys like or dislike my reviews, then by all means let me know. If you want to award points, that's great, too! I'll be happy to discuss any comments, negative or positive; my goal is to be a safe, friendly, and knowledgeable editor that others want to approach and enjoy the hobby with.

Happy writing!

~ Bowser Marzenai
What we know, we may choose to care for. What we fail to recognize, we certainly won't.

-- Berry Lopez

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:41 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain