Young Writers Society

WD's Reviews

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:24 am
Writersdomain says...

Hello all! This is WD.

I am always taking review requests!

Post here with the title of the piece, a link, the genre and anything you would like me to keep an eye out for or pay attention to.

I may not get to your piece immediately, but I will find time eventually, so do be patient with me. I do not rush through reviews. :wink:

A little bit about my reviewing: I review mostly prose. Fiction, to be specific. I write in the genre of Fantasy Fiction most often, so that is my specialty, but I will take requests to critique any genre of fiction except Fanfiction (though I reserve the right to deny a request if a piece is rated R and I do not feel comfortable reviewing it). I cannot commit to reading every chapter of an ongoing story, but if I begin critiquing a story, I will attempt to keep up with it. I'm more likely to follow the story if I see you improving. :wink: I'll review your piece in whatever way I think wil be most helpful, whether that be nit-picking or general points that need to be touched on. Feel free to request character impressions from me; I understand how useful they are. :wink:

I don't mind gentle reminders about critiques, but I do have a lot of college work, so be patient, okay? :wink:

I will also critique poetry if you ask me to, but I have not critiqued poetry in a long time, so you're better to seek out someone else, I reckon. :wink:

For examples of my reviews, just go under Lit Comments in my profile. You'll see all the reviews I've ever done. :wink:

Happy writing, everybody!
Last edited by Writersdomain on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

563 Reviews

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm
Writersdomain says...

Feel free to request here! :wink:
Last edited by Writersdomain on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ WD

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:38 pm
**bouncing** says...

Hey, i would love to be reviewed.

I'm not that great of a writer (im not told this, i believe it though.) so i'm always looking for help.

Could you review one of my pieces?

Anyone that stikes your fancy, :)

--thanks,
Bouncing :elephant:
"By the time you are 25 years old, you will be great at writing begginings, ok at writing middles, and suckish at writing endings. What does this teach us? FINISH YOUR STORIES."
--Unknown

563 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:50 pm
Writersdomain says...

Of course, bouncing! I'll get on it ASAP. :wink:

EDIT: done!
~ WD

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am
Mo. says...

Hello, would you mind reviewing this for me?

Thankyou so much! :D
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:52 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

Hello, I'd be very grateful if you would review this for me...
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic56004.html
I understand it's Christmas so of course, I'll wait...
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

563 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:49 pm
Writersdomain says...

No problem, Mo and Oxford! I'll get on it after the Christmas holiday. :D

EDIT: done and done!
~ WD

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Xirenia says...

Hey, WD :)

I would so appreciate it if you'd review this piece for me. It's the first thing I posted here, so it isn't new and has been commented on but not reviewed fully. I would really love to hear your take on it though. It's the first chapter, so you won't have to catch up and it's short :)
It's rated 16 I think, but I hope it won't make you uncomfortable. There's nothing obscene or overly outlandish in it. Just the occasional swear word in a heated conversation. If that isn't okay for you, then I completely understand.

It's called How to Live, and it's about a girl called Rory. It's in the romantic fiction section.

Here's the link:
post593287.html#p593287

Thank you so much,

~^~Chelsea~^~
We're young, open flowers in the windy fields of this war-torn world - Mumford & Sons

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:49 am
Hippie says...

Hi WD, I've seen some of your reviews in the fantasy section and I want one.

My story's called The Wrong Side. I've had a couple of reviews that were nice, but didn't give me much idea of improvements to make. Perhaps you can help me there.

topic56273.html

I'd be happy to review something of yours in return. Just PM me the link.

Thank you.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

563 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:41 pm
Writersdomain says...

I'll get to them ASAP, Xirenia and Hippie. :wink: Thanks!
~ WD

563 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:19 am
Writersdomain says...

Done and done! Sorry that took so long!
~ WD

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm
superasian says...

hi WD!

i'd really love and appreciate a review by you and any feedback you have to offer on my WIP, Til Kingdom Come.

title: Til Kingdom Come
link: post639833.html#p639833
genre: fantasy and a bit of sci-fi too i suppose

i've seen a couple of your other reviews on the forums and i'm excited to see what you have to say (:

thank you very much,
xo julia
"we two alone will sing like birds in the cageā€¦ so we'll live, and pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh at gilded butterflies"

wordpress | deviantart

563 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:45 pm
Writersdomain says...

Done! Sorry that took so long, superasian.
~ WD

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:06 pm
View Likes
Angels-Symphony says...

WDDDDD! In the mood to review? I have short short story up that I need some criticism one ^^

It's called "Today She Dreams"

post643379.html

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

563 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 am
Writersdomain says...

Done, Shina! :wink:
~ WD

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink