z

Young Writers Society

Rapid Reviews

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:54 pm
Moriah Leila says...

PLEASE give me SOMETHING to review! I'm desperate! If you need a review feel free to post your link below. Here is what I will NOT review:

No fanfic, lyrics, and art/photography. I'm not a big fan of action/adventure, but if push comes to shove, I'll do it.

Everything else is fair game.

I won't overwhelm you with a list of reviews, but if you want a sample, here's one for you to check out.

When I review I focus on grammar, flow, redundancies, entertainment value, how realistic your characters are, showing not telling, and the plot. I will try to post links to articles that might help you improve certain areas. Also, I am always available to answer questions and give you suggestions. If there is anything else you want me to focus on, just let me know.

Disclaimer: You can post as many reviews as you want, just know that the more you post the longer it may take. I typically can review your work within 24 hours of you posting the link here, but if I cannot I will PM you to let you know. I ask for nothing in return. Thanks!
Last edited by Moriah Leila on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 pm
EmmVeePi says...

Hey, I would very much like to oblige your desire to review, its the last I can do :wink: The Last Good Man (I am desperate) I will do my best to review a piece or two of yours but be warned my reviews are not usually that detailed. More like overviews and general observations.

287 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 am
Maki-Chan says...

How about topic43618.html

here is a little bit about it!

A childish girl who lives in a childish illusion that the world is loving and death doesn't exist. However, when she moves in with her stepmother everything will change. Simply meaning that a man comes along and bursts her bubble. Come and read the horrifying and disturbing horror/comedy about a girl and her neighbor, a homicidal mass murdering maniac!
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145

287 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am
Moriah Leila says...

Okay, I'm ready for more!! Come on people, I want to review stuff!!! Please don't hesitate to post groups of work you want me to review. I got waaaaay too much time on my hands!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey, I'd appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on my story. Here's the link: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic43503.html

Thank you lots! :D And I'll make sure to review something of yours, too!
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

287 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:40 am
View Likes
Moriah Leila says...

Done! Okay, I quit my job today, so that means I have even MORE time on my hands. If anyone needs something reviewed, please don't be shy. If you've already had me review your work in the past don't be afraid to ask for more reviews. = )

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:24 am
EmmVeePi says...

Thank you very much for the previous review you gave me of The Last Good Man. I got another one for you if you feel like it. Of Futility And Shattered Tranquility http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic44438.html

287 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 pm
Moriah Leila says...

Done! I need more, come on people!!! I have like hours upon hours to do reviews, please, give me more reviews, PLEASE!!! I'm begging you! Okay, sorry, I'll stop acting weird. Only if you give me something to review!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:11 pm
LydiaB says...

Hey, I was wondering if you would mind reviewing this for me? It'd definitely fantasy, so I hope you don't mind :D
topic44570.html

This is a sequel, but only two characters reappear in it and they don't come in until later. Here's a summary:
History: Six-hundred years have come and gone since the downfall of an enemy whose name was easily forgotten in time, as few wished to remember it. The living remained alive, and the dead stayed in their place. A new batch of dragons hatched and reached one-hundred years of adulthood and the Others changed their forms six times. Peace settled on the clouds and the people on the ground remained oblivious to all that went on. But technology also quickly developed. People became reliant on the spells cast long ago, rarely using their own magic, and began using the new advancements. Before the magic-users realized what was going on, countless spells that had been so common centuries back began to disappear. The number of ways people traveled between the ground and the clouds were greatly narrowed and the secrets of magic spread rapidly over the ground as their methods of hiding them became ever more inefficient. The magical being pulled themselves even further from human contact in hopes that they could use and protect their own magics. A group of magic-users emerged, utilizing what destructive spells remained, and tormented people on the ground and clouds alike. Those on the clouds tried to stop them, but without all their spells, they could do little to stop them. So both groups continued to fight, constantly in fear that even more of their magic would fade.
Plot: You'll just have to read to find out ;)

Thank you!
-Lydia <3
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

287 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 pm
Moriah Leila says...

Come on people, I'm BORED!! Give me something, anything to review!! I promise you won't be disappointed.

287 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:20 am
Moriah Leila says...

I will be visiting family tomorrow and Saturday, so if you want me to review something I probably won't be able to get to it until Sunday (3-8-09). Thanks for your patience!!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:45 am
Pattycakes says...

Okay, first off, thanks for offering this service, I'd be very grateful if you'd be willing to read some of my work.

There is something in specific I would like you to focus on. The story I'm offering takes place in the world of high school policy debate, and while I've gotten some feedback on the various sites I've posted it on, nearly all the reviews have been from kids who are in the activity. So what I'd like to know from you, an observer who presumably has no connection with the activity, is: what do I need to change about the first chapter to draw the average reader into the story more? Because I feel like with the views-to-reviews ratio I'm doing something wrong.

Outside of that, I'd very much appreciate your input on other aspects of the story with the exception of grammar and spelling errors corrections. I'm well aware that I make them, but I much prefer when people critique my style, plot, description, characterization etc. Although, if for some reason you find the piece unreadable because of errors (I'd be surprised), that would probably be a comment I'd care to hear.

If you happen to enjoy the first chapter, well, there's quite a bit more where that came from and I'd of course love to get your thoughts on subsequent chapters.

Thanks again for doing this, sorry if I'm sounding too picky! The link is posted below.

'Khalilzad in 1995':

topic32325.html

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Hi Moria Leila

I would greatly appreciate a review for this piece:
topic44939.html

Thanks so much!
:)
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 am
Sare Agama says...

I have a couple; I won't give you my fan-fics, unless you have read Warriors or Redwall.

The Test A True story/event

Vashoa's Life My first story-ever.

Fake, or Real? For the February CIA contest

Whatever you feel like doing, or think needs doing. :)
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn