z

Young Writers Society

Trident's "Poke-some-holes-in-your-piece" Shop

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 am
Trident says...

Feel free to leave a piece for me to poke some holes in. If you can handle the power of the trident, then I'll be happy to take a look.

Please feel free to explain any specifics of which you would like me to pay attention. I am a grammar savant and have a pretty good grasp on sentence structure and overall content. I have less experience with poetry, but will still have a look. Poetic conventions are probably my biggest weakness.

I do not require you to review any of my work, but if you'd like to return the favor, that would be great!

So prepare for a well thought-out critique. Beware to all who are seasick!
Perception is everything.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 pm
scasha says...

Hey Trident!

I just put up a mystery called Murder She Drew and I was wondering if you could take a look at it. Things to look out for:

1) Were you suprised by the murderer
2) Did it all make sense?
3) Did the plot work well?
4) Any line edits you have.

Thanks so much!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Hi! If you could shred Scavenger for me, I'd be really grateful. If you can't do a line by line of each chapter, then an overall would be just as nice. :)

If I could have specifics on the characters, whether there's anything confusing or not explained very well, whether the M/C's background is clear or confusing or whatever.

Thanks!

Oh, and you have to scroll about halfway down the page to the get to where it properly starts. The first chapter is called "Drych-ddelwedd" and begins with a Gandhi quote.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:05 pm
Black Ghost says...

The Voices are Many would like a stab. ^_^

I would love just any overall impressions, and any advice or criticism you have. :P

Thank you!

[s]BlackGhost[/s]

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 pm
Gadi. says...

Hey Tri! Here's what I'd like a crit on...

As Elaine Lights A Cigarette

It was sort of an experiment? I don't have any specific questions, really...
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:39 pm
dreamintechnicolour says...

I would love for you to completely rip apart my story Forget Myself. Focussing on how it's written rather than the plot itself, but, any suggestions you could make would be appreciated! Thank you!

topic35278.html

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:19 pm
View Likes
SunshineOrange says...

I'd be grateful if you could look at my action/adventure piece, Future Final. It's only the first part of the first chapter, but I want to make it perfect before I write anymore.

I wouldn't mind if you give me some advice about sentence structure in it, as things have been pointed out that could be improved, but I'm finding it difficult.

Any other help is welcome.
Ehh Maii Gawwwsh, it's GingerLizzy, on a different profile!

Got YWS? Want a review?

376 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm
Trident says...

I thought I would revive this thread, seeing as I have already started one of these. Feel free to leave a work and I will hopefully get around to a thorough critique within a few days!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 pm
Nephthys says...

Hi,

I'm looking for as aggressive a review as possible for my screenplay Freya's Replacement. I got a very informative review on it a couple of days ago, and have since updated it.

I would love it if you could read what I've posted so far (there are three parts, but they're fairly short), and then let me know how you're feeling about the direction that the plot and characters are going in. If you were watching this on TV, how would you feel about it? Please, poke lots of holes!

Thanks very much!

:)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

376 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:12 pm
Trident says...

Review posted! Best of luck!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am
leebass says...

Hi, could you please review this: viewtopic.php?t=72168
I've already had one good review but would also like one from someone who hasn't read the original. Just to get a different perspective.
I'd just like to know if there's anything that doesn't make sense, anything you think i should leave out/change, if the characters are characterised well enough, if not why etc. and of course if there's anything you like. And anything else you can think of.
Feel free to correct grammar, punctuation too.
Thanks!

376 Reviews

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm
Trident says...

Hi leebass, my review is posted. Hope the revision process is a good one!

376 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 am
Trident says...

I'll be around the next couple of days for reviews so post something if you want a great review! I critique roughly but wisely!

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm
Lava says...

Hi Trident!

Feel free to rip this apart. It's a short story.
I'm working on rewriting and I'd love your input.
Specific areas would be 'able-to-follow-ness', pace and anything you see fit.
Thanks. ^^
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

376 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm
Trident says...

I'm doing a little bumping to avoid repeat threads. I often have trouble deciding on what I should critique. This thread gives solves that problem! Feel free to hit me up.

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault