z

Young Writers Society

Nyla's Review Emporium

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

I'm trying to get back into reviewing and looking for a place to start. That's where you come in. :wink:

I will review:
-Short stories
-Scripts
-Articles/essays
-Novel chapters

My reviewing style is very detailed and honest, and I don't shy away from giving constructive criticism. (You can look at my most recent reviews to see what I mean.) If you're okay with that, respond below with a link to your piece (or just the title of it) and I will get to work. ^_^

UPDATE: I'm taking a break from reviewing and not currently accepting requests.
Last edited by deleted30 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:42 am, edited 11 times in total.

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm
View Likes
4revgreen says...

Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)
I haven't had much feedback and since it's a first draft I really need that constructive criticism!
Thank you so much :-)
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Random avatar

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm
deleted30 says...

4revgreen wrote:Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)
I haven't had much feedback and since it's a first draft I really need that constructive criticism!

You've got it! I'll start working on it shortly. :D

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:30 pm
4revgreen says...

Kassiani wrote:
4revgreen wrote:Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)

You've got it! I'll start working on it shortly. :D

Thank you so much!
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Random avatar

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 am
deleted30 says...

I'm re-opening this thread for a bit. If anyone's in the market for a lengthy, in-depth review, hit me up. :smt003

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:22 am
View Likes
IamI says...

Hi. I was wondering if you could review my short story Last Spring .

Just something I thought I’d mention, it’s kind of long, more the length of a short story you would find in a book (it was twelve pages in a google doc), just thought I’d tell you so you’re not suprised when you scroll down but it doesn’t reach the bottom.

Have a good day!

—IamI
-_-

Random avatar

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:58 am
deleted30 says...

IamI wrote:Hi. I was wondering if you could review my short story Last Spring .

Just something I thought I’d mention, it’s kind of long, more the length of a short story you would find in a book (it was twelve pages in a google doc)

You got it! And no worries about the length, I don't mind (though I appreciate the heads-up). :D

UPDATE: Sorry, unfortunately I have to vanish from the site for a bit, due to some real-life complications. Don't worry though, @IamI: reviewing your piece is at the top of my to-do list once I return. :wink:

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 pm
IamI says...

@kassiani it's fine! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, it's out of the green room now and it has two good reviews already, so you can strike that off your to-do list if you want.

I'm really hoping this doesn't come of as passive-aggressive or something, just know that if it does that wasn't my intention.

Have a great day!
-_-

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus