z

Young Writers Society

Introducing Topic Subscriptions

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

You can now subscribe to any topic, and when new replies are made to that topic, you'll receive notifications about it. In the past, you could do this except you needed to reply to the topic first and all notifications would be sent by email. Now, you can subscribe to a topic without replying and all notifications will arrive in your YWS notifications area.

To subscribe to a topic, look for the big button that says "Subscribe" right underneath the topic's title. If you miss it, you probably need glasses.

Special note for storybooks

Notifications for storybooks never really worked right, so they've been completely replaced by topic subscriptions. So in order to receive notifications about a storybook, you need to manually subscribe to that storybook.

This is true only going forward though as I've already gone ahead and added the appropriate subscriptions for anyone who's previously posted in a storybook. So if you were receiving notifications for a storybook already, you'll still get them with no further action from you. But to receive notifications for future storybooks, you'll need to manually subscribe to it.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:17 am
noninjaes says...

Yes yes yes yes yes! Thanks a million. This is something that I've been waiting for for absolutely ages.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)