z

Young Writers Society

Free Literary Work Day on May 25, 2013 GMT

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Recently, reviewing has taken off, which is great. The number of works in the Green Room have tumbled from a high of 300+ prior to the April Review Day to just 37 as of this post. This was partially due to a prohibitively high cost to post new literary works, but it's also been due to a lot more reviewing.

When I removed that prohibitively high cost this past Saturday, I was worried it would lead to more literary works without an accompanying rise in reviews. Fortunately, that concern was misplaced! Both new literary works and reviews have increased over the past few days.

But, we also have a Review Day coming up, and I'd like there to be plenty of stuff to review that day. So with that in mind, for 24 hours prior to the start of Review Day, the cost for posting a new literary work will be ZERO.

Here's the deal, though: if you post something on May 25, you must review something on May 26. Otherwise, I'll be doing my best impression of Babu:

Deal?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm
Omni says...

Challenge accepted. XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 am
Iggy says...

Oh my God, Nate, I love you so much. You crack me up.

Srsly I'm dying over here.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 25, 2013 4:15 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Heh, I hope people liked the Oprah gif! I spent like 15 minutes on figuring out how to put "Everyone gets a review" on it.

Anyways, had to put a limit of only two works for the free work day, which should be fine. Just please remember to review something on Review Day if you post a literary work on the free work day! Ideally, review several things :)

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green