z

Young Writers Society

May 26, 2013 Review Day: Reviewers of the World Unite!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu May 23, 2013 10:12 pm
cgirl1118 says...

I can't wait!! This will be my first one so it will be exciting!
What is life without books?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri May 24, 2013 12:07 am
Rook says...

I assume the points that get added to the team's total will not be added to OUR total? Also, I know the "free" day is a day before review day, but I'm confused at the time zones and stuff, so what time will the clock on the home page show when it's the "free" day?
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri May 24, 2013 12:25 am
Nate says...

Hey fortis,

The points will also be added to your own total as well.

Aye, with all the timezones, it gets a bit confusing! When the countdown clock is in the final 24 hours, that's when the free day will be. I'll also be sending out a PM to everyone on the site when the free day begins.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 am
Rook says...

Okay, thank you! You are very helpful.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Fri May 24, 2013 6:25 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Both Review Teams have now picked out Captains with 30 hours to go until Review Day starts.

The air is tense. Are you ready?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 25, 2013 3:13 pm
Auxiira says...

I'm not sure that I'm going to be here for very long tomorrow, but I'll drop in to do a few reviews. I haven't been around much recently and I'm using this to stage my comeback *ahem* ignore that.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2013 2:13 am
View Likes
Nate says...

As I begin writing this post, we're a little more than 2 hours into the May 2013 Review Day, and it's so far shaping up to be our busiest Review Day. Since it started, there's been a fairly constant pace of 1 review per minute; never faster, never slower. Right now, there are 124 reviews.

Additionally, the two teams seem to be pretty evenly matched. Hot Sauce quickly racked up points in the beginning, but Tsunami Tyrants caught up and surpassed them. Then Hot Sauce began moving forward again around the 2,000 points mark and eventually built up a 1500 points lead.

Yet, Tsunami Tyrants are now whittling down that lead, and they are now only 500 points behind. Given that there's more Tsunami members online, I'd be surprised if they didn't take the lead very soon.

On top of this, the Green Room is rapidly diminishing. The Free Literary Work day ended up having close to 80 works submitted, leading to over 110 works total in the Green Room. That total is now down to 78, and I have no doubt it'll be 0 before the end.

tldr So, this is just a long-winded way of saying, keep up the good work!

Update

Sure enough, right after I submitted my post, the Tsunami Tyrants managed to whittle down the Hot Sauce lead to just 1 point!

Second Update at the 3 hr 15 min mark

I love this. Tsunami Tyrants went from 1500 points behind to a 900 point lead. Then Hot Sauce managed to come back, tie the game, and are now 300 points in the lead. It's nice to have a Review Day where the teams truly are competitive.

It's also nice to see that many of the reviews are quite good. Always remember, it takes less time to write 1 good review that earns 100 points than to write 3 bad reviews that each earn only 30 points.

425 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2013 7:01 am
Nate says...

You all reached the halfway point for this Review Day at just 7 hours into it. That's incredible. I look forward to how badly the goal of 650 is beaten.

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sun May 26, 2013 2:17 pm
Taxi says...

I'm tempted to join in if only because of Luna and Rainbow Dash.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon May 27, 2013 4:52 pm
EloquentDragon says...

"Badges? We don't have no stinkin' badges..."

I heard there were going to be "Achievement Badges" or something for participating...

So I'm staying tuned...
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm
Jonathan says...

We got badges so calm down Dragon.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe