Young Writers Society

Introducing The Green Room

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Unless you're blind, you've noticed a new green tab aptly called "Green Room."

Simply put, the Green Room is a sort of clearinghouse. It's the place to find works with only 0 reviews or just one. In the sidebar area, works by new members are highlighted. You can also sort the 0/1 review works by time.

Of course, a lot of the functionality of the Green Room is also in the Literary area. So why create a new tab, you ask? Short answer: I'm crazy.

Long answer: The Green Room is meant to highlight unreviewed works. It's also the most prominent tab in order to emphasize that YWS is about reviewing each other's literary pieces. Without reviewing, the site falls apart.

So if you're looking for something to review... get to the Green Room!

Edit

Changed the Green Room tab so it's on the right hand side. It was kind of annoying me having a green tab in between Forums and Literary as it just didn't look right, but I also really like having the tab for the green room... green. So it's on the right hand side now.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:39 am
View Likes
Kale says...

In keeping with the greenness, perhaps the Green Room's content background could be green instead of blue.

It just feels weird to have the Green Room's green tab turn all un-green when you're actually in the Green Room. ;P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Haha.

Gave it a try. Went with a green background that's kinda dark so that it's not glaring.

Edit: Switched it back to normal. It just felt... weird!

Edit 2: Tried just changing the main content area. Looks good.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 am
Rydia says...

Oh I like it! I will have to try this out at the weekend :D
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 am
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

At first I thought I was stumbling upon some secret moderator's lounge, especially when clicking the tantalizing green button redirected to the homepage at first. Oh well.

Very cool, especially the works by new members section.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Yeah when I first saw it I thought the mod sections had been moved there or somewhere.

But OMG the green looks AMAZING Nate.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:50 pm
AlfredSymon says...

I really like the Green Room! It's very convenient for many, like me, because we can easily find works which need help :) It's very nice on the side, too, but it seemed too lonely...are there anymore 'special tabs' to be where our Green Room is?

Thanks a lot for that!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am
Lycando says...

I agree with all the above, the Green Room is awesome!

It's a place where works without reviews are automatically placed. So that reviewers are able to easily notice them without sifting through a whole bunch of other stores.

Props to you Nate! :D
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:40 pm
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

Firstly, I love it. Let the writers boldly review where none have reviewed before etc. However, for people who don't read this topic or who have no interest in clicking on tantalizing green buttons, perhaps there should be a little more information on what it is, or create a way for reviewers to get to it differently. Don't get me wrong, I love the tab! I just think that maybe when people click onto literary forums there could be a little Green Room notification and information at the top ... or something.

I know, it's basically adding to your workload and really isn't a priority! But, an idea.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World