Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm
Nate says...

@LanguidLiger ->> Go to the Drafts section of the Publishing Center:
publishing_center.php?p=drafts

If the two works are showing up there, then that means they are in Draft status. To publish it, click on the applicable work, and then look for the "Publish It" button. Note that you need 250 points to publish a new work.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 am
LanguidLiger says...

I regret to report that this is not the case. These works are officialy published but not effectively. I should also say that I am writing via a 6.1.6 version ipod touch.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:46 pm
ThereseCricket says...

So I have around ten drafts saved and I tried deleting all but one, but none of them would delete! I marked all the ones that I wanted gone, and then hit the delete marked button, but they didn't go away.

I'm wondering if I did it wrong, or if its just a technical issue that has been going on with the site. Thanks for your time!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

425 Reviews

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@ThereseCricket ->> I merged your post with the site bug thread just so that I don't forget about this. What you mentioned is a bug, and it's something that keeps slipping my mind. I have time to look at it today though, so I'll try to find out what's happening tonight.

@LanguidLiger ->> I'll take a closer look at your works and find out what's happening.

425 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@ThereseCricket ->> The problem with deleting review drafts is now fixed. Delete with pleasure!

@LanguidLiger ->> The problem with Selection With Gambits has been fixed and it's now published.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 am
puppys3117 says...

Whenever I go into chat on my windows 7 laptop, it disconnects me as soon as I say 'hi', but on my ipod I can chat all day if I chose to. Windows 7 and google doing this P.s. After this glitch happens, I can't log back into YWS for a number of hours :?
Life is a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

"Such is the generation of those who seek him,
Who seek your face, God of Jacob." -Psalm 24:6

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 pm
ScarletDreams14 says...

Browser: Internet Explorer

Time: This problem occurred July, 23rd (Of this month) between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM and continues.

Description: Almost exactly the same problem as 221B, I'm having another issue in the publishing center, I'm trying to publish something but it won't allow me too? I already put my coins into it and everything yet it won't allow me to publish it?

The publishing button is just not showing. It shows it as a draft.

I spent 250 coins to try and publish it, I first drafted it and than went to edit it and for some reason It won't allow me to publish it? Very frustrating. I put my coins into it and now it won't publish.

Help please?

Operating System: Windows 7, ASUS computer. (Very high-grade computer, and It's not that old)

I had to earn another 250 coins to publish it again. It was highly annoying and used a lot of my time.

The problem looks about exactly as 221B's problem pic. It's just not showing that publishing button!

Anyway, Thanks!
ScarletDreams14

A wise man once said... "POTATO IS THY LORD, FOR THE POTATO MAKES DELICIOUS FRENCH FRIES."

and that is the legend of the potato...

~Scarlet

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26svqNCNH1qmib1so1_500.gif

425 Reviews

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:33 pm
Nate says...

@ScarletDreams14 ->> Can you provide a link to the work, or the title of the work?

@puppys3117 ->> This sounds like a networking issue. Anyways, you said that you can't log into YWS for several hours after it happens -- what do you mean by that? Are you getting an error message?

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm
ScarletDreams14 says...

Link for @Nate: We the People by ScarletDreams14 (This is the original that wouldn't publish)
ScarletDreams14

A wise man once said... "POTATO IS THY LORD, FOR THE POTATO MAKES DELICIOUS FRENCH FRIES."

and that is the legend of the potato...

~Scarlet

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26svqNCNH1qmib1so1_500.gif

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 pm
Blackwood says...

Internet explored is messed up in more ways I can describe. Firstly the chat bar is non existant. The home page the featured works bar glitches down the entire page. Text is sort of hovering in random places. And most importantly I can't log out! The drop down menu from clicking me appears half way across the page and it's obscured by the main forground. (the drop down appears behind the box menus) the worse part is this is a public computer so I really really want to log out but I can not!!
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 am
wtppowers says...

Hey! I'm using Google Chrome, and my bottom chat bar isn't working. Whenever someone messages me this way, I cannot open their message. How do I fix this?

Help!
Queen is the greatest band of all time.
I'll be on the radio some day.
I want you to be my friend.
My blog is right here!!!!

425 Reviews

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm
Nate says...

@Blackwood ->> Internet Explorer changes so much version to version that it's important to note which version you were using. Since it was a library computer, I'm guessing it was an older version. As with many other sites, YWS may break when using obsolete versions of IE.

@wtppowers ->> It sounds like your browser is zoomed out/in. To fix this, hold down CTRL and 0 (zero) on your keyboard. That'll reset the zoom.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 am
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

With the chaos of Review Day over, I was just coming in to check up on the Order of Dragons badge fix. The colors are still messed up, so I didn't know if it'd been fixed and needed to be re-awarded.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:24 am
Morrigan says...

I do not know if this is a site bug or an issue with my computer, but when I have YWS open in my first tab (this only happens with the first tab, by the way) my right click does not work. My right click works on facebook and other sites on the first tab, but not YWS. I know that there are solutions to this (if I'm trying to open something in a new tab) but I didn't know if others were also having this weirdness happening to them.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 8.1
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

425 Reviews

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@dragonfphoenix ->> I am aware. You already raised this issue, and I will get to it when I am able to get to it. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience.

@magpie ->> That sounds like a computer issue.

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet