z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm
Nate says...

No worries @Baesch -- always report a bug!

I just tested copy and pasting, and it seems to be working, but there could always be an issue with Internet Explorer that's causing it to blank out.

Quick question: Did you try copy and pasting immediately after attempting the upload? It may be that it was blanking out because of an error with the upload. If you try again now without attempting to upload, it might work.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 pm
Holysocks says...

I too have had problems with copying and pasting in the Publishing Center. And it's not a new thing, it started around the time the upload thing first came ( I'm pretty sure there was a time when it wasn't here >.> ), and hasn't gone away... I thought it was just me, until today.

I tried pasting again, later, after I discovered that the upload wasn't working, and it still didn't work.

I just thought I'd second that bug, or whatever it is.
100% autistic

425 Reviews

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 am
Holysocks says...

What do you mean by 'browser'? Sorry, I know it's a dumb question! I really don't understand computer lingo that well.

Do you mean, like, google? Or windows 7? XD Sorry!
100% autistic

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:05 am
dragonfphoenix says...

Is anyone else getting pop-up adds when they click the notifications tab? I'm getting hit when I first jump on my browser and either click the notif tab, or click on one of my notifs. Is that something on my end, or sitewide? (I've a feeling it's the former...)

Also, there was this survey that popped up when all this first started going down. It was only four questions, and not too info-hungry. Was that legit or not?
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

425 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 am
Nate says...

It sounds like you have malware on your computer @dragonfphoenix. If you're running Windows, MalwareBytes is a really good tool:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Windows Defender (which should already be installed if you have Windows) is also quite good. I'd run them both just because one may catch something that the other missed.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 am
dragonfphoenix says...

All right, thanks, that fixed the problem. (Not sure which, but it's gone now.)
Umm, quick question: is there somewhere that I need to go to enable the chatbar in Explorer? For some reason I've only had it work in Chrome, and I've done nothing for/against it in either browser.

Edit: @Nate. The newest one (I think). *runs off and checks* 11, and it's set to auto-update. Not that that matters...
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

425 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 am
Nate says...

What version of Internet Explorer do you use?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:53 pm
crossroads says...

@Holysocks - your browser is the program you're using to browse the Internet. So Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera, Firefox.. There's a bunch of them.

Google would be your preferred search engine (which is pretty irrelevant here). Windows 7 or whatever number (as well as Linux, Mac OS-X and so on) is your operating system.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 pm
BellaRoma says...

What happened was, when I pasted it the writing flashed up then disappeared every time I tried. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

425 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:13 pm
Nate says...

It seems like a few people are having that problem @BellaRoma. Not sure why it started, but it seems to be persistent.

I'm looking into it now, and should hopefully have a resolution soon.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:09 am
View Likes
Nate says...

All issues with the publishing form should be fixed.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 am
BellaRoma says...

Alright. Now I can take advantage of free work upload day!
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:07 pm
Messenger says...

Hey Nate! This isn't a huge problem, as in it doesn't effect YWS's performance, but for some reason about 2 inches of the screen on the left side is blue, and then there is a blue rectangle around the YWS logo (nice one for this Review Cup if I may say so :P )

I'm using a laptop; google chrome.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 pm
Nate says...

Hey @Messenger, the problems should be fixed now.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown