z

Young Writers Society

Hey! New Users! Nate Needs Your Input! you oldbies can too..

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 01, 2006 3:55 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Input from everyone is of course welcome, but I really want input from users who are still new.

What can be done to get more new users becoming active users? Is there anything about YWS that intimidated you? Was the new members FAQ helpful at all? Could you find the new members FAQ?

And for everyone, what can be done to get you to post more? I'm noticing a lot more people visiting, and a lot more people staying for more than 15 minutes, but less overall posting. Of course, the quality of the posts has dramatically increased, so it is offsetted. But with 120 users visiting every day, YWS should be handling almost 300 posts per day (instead of 200).

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon May 01, 2006 4:00 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

erm.. I have a penchant for losing posts, especially long crits. So, maybe some sort of save function? Like on Squills, kinda, where I can save, not post, finish, and then post? I don't know if that's possible, but it would make me (and an elusive group of editors), quite happy. Each day, it seems I lose at least one post, usually the the crit I was doing for that day, and I just don't have the time or energy to re-do it again. ok, /two cents. but it would make me post more by making it easier to crit more.. yeah.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon May 01, 2006 1:18 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

I agree with Mesh, if that's possible. I've lost some really long critiques quite a few times, which is annoying 'cause a really long in-depth critique can take me a long time to do, even if it's just for one chapter. Sometimes, I just write on Word instead, because then my stupid pc isn't going to do the whole 'backspace' thing (still haven't worked out why it does that sometimes..), and take me to the previous webpage.

Apart from that.. well, I post quite a bit, but the main reason I haven't been critiquing as much recently is because of exams and coursework, and seeing as it's that time of year, I'd suspect a lot of users have the same problem. As soon as my exams are over, I'll spend a lot more time critiquing etc.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon May 01, 2006 1:49 pm
View Likes
Swires says...

That would be cool but I am unsure if there is a phpbb mod to do it.

...searching.....

yes there is:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=223319

there is is, got a pretty good rating.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 01, 2006 2:12 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

lol, thanks Adam! That actually saves me a lot of time, so thank you.

I'll go ahead and add the mod sometime this week (maybe later today). You'll have to save it manually, but at least the option will be there.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon May 01, 2006 2:17 pm
View Likes
Swires says...

No Problem, a promotion to admin will do as my payment (JK) LOL! :)
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
— Shinji Moon