z

Young Writers Society

Help Promote the Literary Journal - Updated with Flyers

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Just updated the flyer. Turns out if you include www in the link, it doesn't work!

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:04 pm
Nate says...

Made the flyer into a pdf. I've already posted one at a local library. I'm also about to go and post two more at another local library and at an Einstein Bros.

If you choose to put up a flyer, some tips:

1. Cut along the dotted lines before posting. Then fold the tabs back and forth. This allows for easy ripping.
2. Tear one of the tabs off yourself before posting. This makes it look like there has already been some interest.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:09 pm
Firearris says...

My mother and I both shared the journal on facebook, and it looks like a really popular artist in our area (someone who hosts a lot of events for young artists and musicians and writers and such, and has thousands of followers) is possibly going to share it as well. :)

I've already purchased a copy, and I'll be sure to suggest it to people and possibly post flyers.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:18 pm
ultraviolet says...

How many copies have sold now?
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

425 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 am
Nate says...

ultraviolet wrote:How many copies have sold now?

Only 66, but these things take time. We seem to have settled at selling 10 copies per day right now, which as long as that stays constant means will sell hundreds of copies before October. We just have to keep up the word of mouth.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 am
Tatra says...

My gift card from Swagbucks finally came in, so I bought the Journal and now I'm flailing quite happily. This is totally awesome and I'm definitely going to be posting the link to my meager friends list again. :smt003
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm
lilymoore says...

Oh! College library! BAM!!! Kind of forget I was in college...perhaps I shall post some of these around campus, especially in the English/Arts building and the Library.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner