z

Young Writers Society

Some Minor Changes, or 120 SmIlIES!!??

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:45 pm
Nate says...

A couple of minor changes that will nonetheless be pretty noticeable:

- In order to get the full fifty points for a post, your post must now be at least 200 words long. You will still get at least ten points though. I made this change after some users requested it, and also after I noticed that posts I was making such as "That is so cool!" were getting 40 points.

- 120 new smilies, so that if you get find the right emoticon, you just got problems* :smt027

- You can also [s]strike out text[/s], but it [s]needs fixing[/s] it's fixed, just click on 's' to strike out text

I might also be adding new avatar selections since they're getting a bit thin now. If I do, what avatars would you like to see?

[s]*sorry Snoink, I looked for a pig smilie, but couldn't find it[/s]

:pig: (: pig :, but without the spaces)

and my new favorite...
:monkey: (: monkey :, but again without the spaces)
Last edited by Nate on Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:49 pm
Elizabeth says...

Yeah... Alright... I can live with this...
I suppose... I mean, wow 120? Now niteowl will be giving so many gifts...

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:20 pm
Firestarter says...

The first change is definitely useful.

:smt117 <---- You have to wonder when this will ever be used, though.

But, still cool!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:58 pm
Poor Imp says...

:smt065

Yes!... Fencing smilie! ^_^

I suppose there's no way to invert them, so to speak, so that they can fence eachother?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:03 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I love the chicken smiley! :smt117 *huggles*
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:14 pm
Poor Imp says...

:smt117 :smt065

My fencing smilie will help your chicken smilie catch the chicken. (...and why exactly are we catching a chicken?)

Thanks for the new smilies, by the way, Nate. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:41 pm
Sureal says...

Poor_Imp wrote::smt065

Yes!... Fencing smilie! ^_^

I suppose there's no way to invert them, so to speak, so that they can fence eachother?

If you have a GIF animation program, you can save the smilie onto your comp, invert it using the animator, save the new pic somewhere on the net (eg. www.photobucket.com or www.ripway.com) and then [img] it onto the site. If you don't have a GIF animator, then I'm sure you could download one from the net somewhere.

Or you could just have one of them stabbing the other in the back...
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:58 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Whee. Neat stuff. Gotta love smilies. :smt075

:smt078
Wow. That's just gross. Ew. :shock:

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:54 pm
smaur says...

Holy elephant on a unicycle! There's strikeout! And emoticons! And I'm talking in exclamation marks!

AHHH!

This is so awesome.

:smt040

*glee*
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 pm
Dream Deep says...

The smilies are awesome. :smt077 vs :smt051 . You could build a whole good-evil war with smilies. Cool.

It's a good idea about the 50 pts = 200 words or up. I agree on that.

If you're looking for some new and intersting artwork, I suggest you ditch some of the Anime (they're fun, but they get a little old) and try to get your hands on some Roger Dean artwork. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!! Those would be truly amazing avatars. Just a thought (that you really should listen to.)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:36 pm
Nate says...

Dream Deep wrote: If you're looking for some new and intersting artwork, I suggest you ditch some of the Anime (they're fun, but they get a little old) and try to get your hands on some Roger Dean artwork. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!! Those would be truly amazing avatars. Just a thought (that you really should listen to.)

Just made a new section called artwork and added about six of his works into it.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:10 am
Duskglimmer says...

Poor_Imp wrote::smt117 :smt065

My fencing smilie will help your chicken smilie catch the chicken. (...and why exactly are we catching a chicken?)

Because chickens are evil! *runs after chickens with a vengeance*

:smt100

my fear of moving objects on the net has just been reinforced, btw.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:18 am
Angie says...

I love having so many choices. :D

:smt064 - This one brings back fond memories. . . *sigh* (Dusky might remember the stick poking wars from another forum we used to be on. . . Those were fun. . .)

:smt119 - This one is crazy, man. . .

Oh, anyway, good decisions on the smilies. :smt050
I'm covered in pixie dust and flying without a care.
Please don't make me fall; the ground's too hard for me to bear.

We mustn't dwell over past losses; we must cherish present gifts.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:51 am
Duskglimmer says...

Angie wrote: :smt064 - This one brings back fond memories. . . *sigh* (Dusky might remember the stick poking wars from another forum we used to be on. . . Those were fun. . .)

I remember. I was just thinking about them actually... *goes off to poke the people on her friend's list* *grins*
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:53 am
Galatea says...

I do so love the smilies.... :smt082 :smt081 :smt056
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes