z

Young Writers Society

Friends Management, or how I learned to stop hating and love

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:58 am
Nate says...

In your profile, there is now a section for your friends on YWS. To add a friend, simply go to their profile and click on "add friend."

Once someone invites you to be a friend, you have to approve or decline it. To do this, click on "Friends Mangement" link in the board menu to the left hand side of the home page and the forum index pages. You will be notified by e-mail if someone is requesting to be your friend.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:04 am
Meshugenah says...

erm.. I see it on standard, not on the dark skins.. I was really confused for a minute, there. But this is cool. Now.. to go annoy crys *cough* I mean, start playing with this.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:26 am
Nate says...

Meshugenah wrote:erm.. I see it on standard, not on the dark skins.. I was really confused for a minute, there. But this is cool. Now.. to go annoy crys *cough* I mean, start playing with this.

Just fixed the problem. Should be viewable on the dark skins now (if it's not, try refreshing the page).

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 am
Bobo says...

Wait, what was the problem? I thought Standard and Inverted were on the exact same set of templates?

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:41 am
Nate says...

Bobo wrote:Wait, what was the problem? I thought Standard and Inverted were on the exact same set of templates?

The way I have it set up is that Inverted and Standard are in two different folders. But, there are no individual files (.tpl ones) in the inverted folder so that is forced to look in the Standard folder for any files. The program that is doing this is the extreme styles mod, which also caches the .tpl files from time to time so that they can be pulled up faster next time. So what was happening was Inverted was pulling from the cache profile file instead of the new one under Standard. To fix it I cleared the cache, and to avoid this happening again, I disabled caching of files (always thought it just slows things down anyways).

So it was just a caching problem.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:44 am
Snoink says...

What about the friends we already have? :?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:40 am
Bobo says...

This is different than the Blogs friends system. That one just picks whose blogs appear on your friends list.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:41 am
Snoink says...

Oops! XD

No, I mean the buddy list we had.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:10 am
Ego says...

Teehee, Myspace meets YWS!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:12 am
Nate says...

Snoink wrote:Oops! XD

No, I mean the buddy list we had.

I'm getting rid of the buddy list feature. For now, it's still there under My YWS, but it'll be gone by the end of today. And since the way they work is different, you can't transfer friends from one to the other.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:25 am
-KayJuran- says...

I don't really get what it's for... Does it do anything or is it just to tell people that you're their friend?

I'm easily confused. :P
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

425 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm
Nate says...

KayJuran wrote:I don't really get what it's for... Does it do anything or is it just to tell people that you're their friend?

I'm easily confused. :P

Just works as it sounds. It shows your friends on YWS.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:37 pm
zell says...

cool thats useful

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:17 pm
Swires says...

I dont really understand the use of it either.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

481 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:26 pm
Bobo says...

Then don't use it *shrugs*

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin