Young Writers Society

Major Changes To Points

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:57 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Just finished making some pretty major changes to points! Here's the rundown:

- You can no longer earn points by commenting to your work.
- You can no longer earn points for anything that is not a review. That means that in order to earn points, your comment must be at least 250 characters in length.
- It now costs 100 points once again to post a new literary work
- You can now earn 50% more points for writing the first review to a literary work!
- You can also earn 25% more points for writing the second review to a literary work!

As an example, lets say you're the first person to review a new literary work. Normally, the maximum number of points you can earn is 50. That is now 75. Or lets say your review would normally earn only 30 points. By reviewing a previously unreviewed work, your review will now earn 45 points.

Update

After posting a review, you will now get a little message congratulating you and letting you know how many points you earned.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:13 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

After posting a review, you will now get a little message congratulating you and letting you know how many points you earned.

I missed this!

Awesome this stuff is now permanent.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 am
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

You can no longer earn points by commenting to your work.

Awesome. I always felt guilty replying to people's critiques and "earning" points for it.

Love this feature! Especially since the character counter is gone.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:10 am
View Likes
Areida says...

All great stuff! Thanks, Nate! <3
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:10 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

YAY.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 am
CuteJackRussell says...

I really like these new rules especially the one about having to write a review before earning points. It stops people from writing random comments just so they can get points and it motivates people to try harder with there reviews! I also like the message one at the end, it's helpful for people to know how many points they've earned. These are excellent rules Nate!
Hello,
I doubt you will take the time to look at this signature, you are all busy people and I respect that, but if you do know this. Every bit of criticism on my writing has helped and every bit of advice you have given me has also helped. So thank you, for everything.
From CuteJackRussell xoxox

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm
View Likes
borntobeawriter says...

Ranger Hawk wrote:
You can no longer earn points by commenting to your work.

Awesome. I always felt guilty replying to people's critiques and "earning" points for it.

Love this feature! Especially since the character counter is gone.

Same here. That's why I started thanking people on their walls instead of in the thread.

Great move, Nate!

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:29 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Awesome! The new system is so much better.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson