z

Young Writers Society

Novels Renovation

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am
View Likes
Nate says...

After having finished the new contests section and renovating the clubs area, I'm now hard at work in the novels area. Tonight, I just finished with renovating the Novels index area. Go check it out by click "Novels and Novellas" under "Discover Works" or by clicking here.

A couple notes:
1. You'll notice a 'Subscriptions' area that is currently blank. After I'm fully done with the Novels area, you'll be able to subscribe to novels. Your subscriptions will show up in that area.

2. You'll notice that the link to "How to create a novel" is gone. There's a reason for that: I'm going to make it such that you can create a novel page without posting any chapters. But, that will be done tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy! This is just the first stage of the novels renovation. The second stage involves making the novel page itself look a bit nicer (though I'm not really sure how much I can do there), and the third stage involves totally re-working the novel edit area.

However, I have decided not to allow uploading of novel covers. I know this will disappoint a great many people, but I also know that a lot of uploaded novel covers will end up looking blurry and pixelated. Right now, the novel index looks very snazzy and I want to preserve that. Yet, I will be adding dozens of new covers for you to choose from courtesy of Vlad Studio, which is where all the current covers come from.

Edit
By the way, if you want to see the old version, go here:
novels_list.php

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:43 am
View Likes
Lava says...

The Vlad Studio pictures make me insanely happy because I'm a big fan of his work and the wallpapers remind me of when it was on my desktop.

But awesome! I love the subscriptions idea.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

This is stylistic genius. I love how you manage to make YWS all cool and modern but without losing that amazing professional touch or it's uniqueness.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:56 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

The only thing I wish we could have is a sorting system for our novels/friends' novels, but I suppose the subscription feature will negate the need. (And I just noticed the search feature. Love!)

I will be looking forward to new covers.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:29 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Very snazzy, Nate. I'm loving all the new updates!
Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:46 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

That is so cool. :D
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm
View Likes
Evi says...

Wow, it's beautiful!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae