z

Young Writers Society

Contests Renovation

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 am
Nate says...

Just finished renovating the contests section! The contest index looks really nice (in my opinion), so I encourage you to go check it out.

Also fixed a few bugs. Expired contests are no longer displayed, and the judging area for open contests now works.

So, enjoy!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:31 am
Rydia says...

That looks so snaazzy! I love it.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:22 am
LookUpThere says...

Awesome. I love the fact I have different views and yes, the interface is snazzy

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:37 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Looks so much nicer! I love it. :D
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:06 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Oooh, very very nice.

The little letters indicating what was accepted in the contest did confuse me at first though. I figured it out, but still... potential for confusion?
I am reminded of the babe by you.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:13 pm
Nate says...

GryphonFledgling wrote:Oooh, very very nice.

The little letters indicating what was accepted in the contest did confuse me at first though. I figured it out, but still... potential for confusion?

Probably, but I figure this is one of those times when form outweighs function. By having the neat little icons instead of spelling it out, it makes it much easier to browse the Contests section. Plus, I figure that most people will be able to figure them out after a minute.

I have, though, made it such that if you hover over the icons with your mouse, a little tooltip will pop up displaying what they mean.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

And contests are now fully tied into the notifications system. Judges and contest creators will receive notifications for each new entry. Contest creators and those who comment on the contest page will receive notifications for each new comment.

Judges and contests creators will also receive the new entry notifications in the weekly activity e-mail as well.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

Awesome! Will creators get any notifications when the contest is finished? As sometimes people can forget about contests that they need to judge, though having notifications with every entry should help with this anyway.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook