z

Young Writers Society

Ctrl+Z (Undo) now works in all browsers...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Well, ctrl+z (undo) now works in all browsers. This has been a longstanding bug, but I finally traced the problem down to (of all things) the character counter.

I have no clue why the character counter was causing ctrl+z to not work in IE, Chrome, and Safari. Nonetheless, the two were conflicting. And given the choice between one or the other, I much rather have the ability to undo rather than have a character counter.

In the process of doing this, I also made some changes to the autosave feature, which is what I originally thought was causing the issue. From now on, posts will only autosave every 15 seconds rather than every time you type a character. This should help reduce some server load.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Aha! I wondered why the character counter wasn't there anymore. You removed it as I was typing in a massive post. When I hit preview and saw the character counter gone, I thought my post was so long it'd broken it. :P

Awesome to the Ctrl Z. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:41 am
Jenthura says...

Yes! This has nothing to do with my complaint, does it? ;)
-ж-Ж-ж-

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Jenthura wrote:Yes! This has nothing to do with my complaint, does it? ;)

Due to you and one other person! Before you wrote up the bug report, I had no idea the bug even existed.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain