z

Young Writers Society

Note on the Chat

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:34 pm
Nate says...

Thanks all! But please don't get too excited. There's always disadvantages with such changes, so it could very well be that you'll hate the new chat at first. However, the advantages of a faster chat & site should outweigh any disadvantages.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:39 pm
Blink says...

Pshh, who said change was a bad thing?

You rule, Nate! =D
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yeahhh, I'm willing to put up with a new-chat learning curve if it means a faster site. ;)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:36 pm
Rydia says...

I will find a way to over-load the new chat Nate ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:18 am
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

Chat or no chat, you're awesome.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:31 am
Nutty says...

That's awesome ^_^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:44 am
LowKey says...

Didn't this happen once or twice before? YWS is still up and running, so the results can't be that bad.

Can't wait, Nate.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:27 am
Insomnia says...

Yay! That's really awesome. Thanks, Nate.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:38 am
Nate says...

Dreamer wrote:Didn't this happen once or twice before? YWS is still up and running, so the results can't be that bad.

Dreamer, as stated, when the chat is running, the site goes slow. Of course YWS is still up and running; no where did I even state that it wasn't. However, if we want to keep the chat open while not slowing down YWS, then a new chat is necessary.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:18 am
LowKey says...

Nate wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Didn't this happen once or twice before? YWS is still up and running, so the results can't be that bad.

Dreamer, as stated, when the chat is running, the site goes slow. Of course YWS is still up and running; no where did I even state that it wasn't. However, if we want to keep the chat open while not slowing down YWS, then a new chat is necessary.

:P

Re-phrase: YWS switched chat systems before, right? And YWS didn't fall to bits and pieces and end thus end the world then, right? So it shouldn't be that bad this time, either. Seeing how happy we are with the current one (which, I assume, was once a new replacement chat itself) why shouldn't we be as happy with the new one, if not more so?

I am excited, and really can't wait for it. ^_^ I liked the sci-fi chat thingamabob we had up for a while, so am curious to see what'll pop up this time. :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues