z

Young Writers Society

JustGoat.com

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:17 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

As Nate said earlier, having random, nothing-to-do-at-all-with-the-subject-or-the-target-audience names are popular these days. Besides, goats are awesome!

And since we run writing-oriented sites on popularity...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:07 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm probably going to delay opening JustGoat.com. When I set the date of October 1st, I was not expecting to have a job by then so I thought I would have plenty of time to set it up and get it started. Plus, I scheduled deadline for the Webzine and the logo contest for the same day.

Anyways, I'm going to try to get it finished by October 1st, but it's probably going to be one of those things I keep on pushing back since it's not something vitally important.

425 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:48 am
View Likes
Nate says...

JustGoat.com is now open for business! It's a bit rough around the edges and needs a little more work, but it's good to go.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:17 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

It looks nice and pretty! I like the layout a lot. But... um... what about the age limit? Is there any? The site said it was for older writers, the aim being 18+ but can other writers younger than that join?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:24 am
View Likes
Sam says...

But aren't we going to lose a lot of good critiquers if everyone 18+ moves to JustGoat?!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:29 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Most of us will probably just double-time. Besides, they'll be taking their stories and poems with them, so there will be less to critique.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:43 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Many of the best critiquers (i.e. the people who will actually sit down and review work on YWS) are under 18, so there's really no threat. Most of the ones who are over 18 just write a lot of stories and then ask people to comment on it. So really, there's no problem.

Besides, I have a feeling that with this new site, people who have never given critiques will give them, simply because there's a huge demand for them. Plus, they might feel as if their advice will be taken seriously. *shrugs* I don't know. But we're definitely not losing all our reviewers.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:05 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

I think the aim of the site is not so much for it be 18+ as it is to be "mature writer oriented", which is why I'm not transferring over to it.

425 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:03 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Snoink, under 18'ers can join. It's just being aimed toward the 18+ crowd.

Sam, I wouldn't worry about that. JG is meant to be a website for twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty somethings, etc. Also, a lot of the 18+ people at YWS feel left out and as if they don't really belong.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:37 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Ah :P

It's just that the people who actually TAKE THE TIME to give a good critique are over 18.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne